Awoo.

SEGA CEO admits they betrayed fans' trust

antyep

Well at least people have a person now to pinpoint regarding requests/problems (well big ones, not the Tembo one)

Sega gaming division is slimmed down. No arcade stuff, amusement stuff. Just console, pc, mobile and that is the only touching point for Sega regarding westerners.

Edited by ChikaBoing

Well at least people have a person now to pinpoint regarding requests/problems (well big ones, not the Tembo one)

Sega gaming division is slimmed down. No arcade stuff, amusement stuff. Just console, pc, mobile and that is the only touching point for Sega regarding westerners.

Hmm. Actually, Sega still operates amusement business, It moved and merged with resort business though:(

Hmm. Actually, Sega still operates amusement business, It moved and merged with resort business though:(

Yeah it exists, but all businesses that aren't important for us westerners have spunned off. Previously one CEO would dictate five different businesses, so there wasn't really a authority person to blame.

Another haruki's trash-talk http://gonintendo.com/stories/238989-sega-says-reaction-to-their-apology-for-betraying-fans-proves-the

( Seeing our fans across the world respond to our recent interview with Famitsu, lets us know we’ve made the right first step in acknowledging who we are and where we want to be. SEGA is dedicated to bringing you quality gaming experiences and becoming a brand you love and trust again.) Haruki said

Another haruki's trash-talk

What exactly is the foundation for this accusation? 

What exactly is the foundation for this accusation? 

You want the source of that words. Right? 나의 SM-G720N0 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

You want the source of that words. Right? 나의 SM-G720N0 의 Tapatalk에서 보냄

Noooo I'd like to know why exactly you think what he said was 'trash talk.'

Noooo I'd like to know why exactly you think what he said was 'trash talk.'

Because of Fire and Ice and Tembo the badass elephant. Haruki said, he want to recover fan's trust. If he follow that logic. He should stop develop about F&I, hated by Sonic fans and normal user. And I heard that Tembo the badass elephant has some issue about launching game. He said he want to recover the trust however these cases seems that they doesn't try to follow his word. P.S I hope that they mention about "focus on game quality" on their business plan part on Q1 financial report.

I love this ridiculous thought process of "I hate Sonic Boom so it's the source of all the problems with the franchise" it shows how freaking petty most of this fanbase is.

That's not actually what's even going on here, Blooob is just under the impression that Sega could only succeed if they stopped releasing games. He also believes that he counts as more than one person and can decide that everyone thinks what he thinks. He's also always reading misunderstanding the sales figures for Sonic games and is interested in abolishing the franchise

Edited by Shaddy

The case with Boom kinda strikes me more as bad foresight than anything else. All the investment they put into the initiative depended on the first installment not sucking, and now that that's actually happened, even if they do want to quietly bury Boom it still means they have to let current projects run their course first to make some of their investment back. It's like a freight train when you think about it - you can give it more carriages, but it only means it'll take longer to stop once you want it to.

• Thumbs Up 5

That's not actually what's even going on here, Blooob is just under the impression that Sega could only succeed if they stopped releasing games. He also believes that he counts as more than one person and can decide that everyone thinks what he thinks. He's also always reading misunderstanding the sales figures for Sonic games and is interested in abolishing the franchise

Don't overreact please. And don't insult me please. Seriously, you know that F&I has very bad reputation isn't it? I just followed haruki's logic

The game isn't even out yet...

And at the moment it's only crime is that it looks painfully average. Hardly justifies any call for cancellation or that the CEO is lying or... whatever it is you're trying to claim he's doing.

It's not an insult. That's literally what you do. I've challenged it since before you made a new account, and I challenged it back on the official Sega forums.

And Fire and Ice doesn't have a bad reputation, it has almost no reputation at all. What it has is "well it'll be better than the other Boom games" and "I didn't expect this", and that's neutral at worst.

The case with Boom kinda strikes me more as bad foresight than anything else. All the investment they put into the initiative depended on the first installment not sucking, and now that that's actually happened, even if they do want to quietly bury Boom it still means they have to let current projects run their course first to make some of their investment back. It's like a freight train when you think about it - you can give it more carriages, but it only means it'll take longer to stop once you want it to.

Yeah, Sega is in dilemma due to Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom Rol and Sc was failed, and most gamers says "Sonic is dead", "Sonic is in another dark age" etc... It seems that Sega should stop develop Sonic Boom series however, as folks know, TV show isn't failed and they planned bunch of merchandise, and they invested Too Much money to Sonic Boom. However, If they still develop Sonic Boom things, they violates CEO's interview. Plus, Sonic Boom is blamed because of Sonic Boom itself (character design, concept etc...) So. It's almost impossible to make quality Sonic Boom games. Consequently, I think that Sega really get in trouble about Sonic Boom. Whatever they choice, result won't be good.

You do understand that the "Sonic Boom" things have been in development long before Haruki has even became the CEO right? You can't possibly be holding that against him. Those projects have had inertia going full force before he got that position. Christ, that's absurd.

Omote is that you?

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, Sega is in dilemma due to Sonic Boom, Sonic Boom Rol and Sc was failed, and most gamers says "Sonic is dead", "Sonic is in another dark age" etc... It seems that Sega should stop develop Sonic Boom series however, as folks know, TV show isn't failed and they planned bunch of merchandise, and they invested Too Much money to Sonic Boom. However, If they still develop Sonic Boom things, they violates CEO's interview. Plus, Sonic Boom is blamed because of Sonic Boom itself (character design, concept etc...) So. It's almost impossible to make quality Sonic Boom games. Consequently, I think that Sega really get in trouble about Sonic Boom. Whatever they choice, result won't be good.

Case in point right here. You've decided that everyone thinks the series is dead, and you outright say that it's literally impossible to make a good Boom game, which is like saying it's impossible to make something good with a certain coat of paint, regardless of the thing it covers, and that  not trashing something that was halfway done before the previous games even released is a horrible idea that contradicts the statement of a CEO who wasn't CEO at the time.

You do understand that the "Sonic Boom" things have been in development long before Haruki has even became the CEO right? You can't possibly be holding that against him. Those projects have had inertia going full force before he got that position. Christ, that's absurd.

Omote is that you?

I know that Sonic Boom development started before haruki became a CEO. However, he can stop the development and unless Fire and Ice has been planned since Sonic Boom development is started, It's possible that they could stop F&I Furthermore, I didn't claimed that F&I development should be stopped. I just said that Sonic Boom F&I is one of the reason that haruki's word is just trash-talk .Emergency Edit, I apologize for you All (please change trash-talk to empty-talk) I apologize for you.. seriously, T.T By the way, who is omote.

I apologize for guys, I misused trash-talk word, It was Empty talk. Not trash talk.. Again, I apologize for you guys T.T