Awoo.

Welcome To Your New-Look SSMB!

Dreadknux

Is it just me, or apparently you can't send status updates to those who haven't made any activity on their profile? Is this a change with IPB 4 or something you guys have set?

Is it just me, or apparently you can't send status updates to those who haven't made any activity on their profile? Is this a change with IPB 4 or something you guys have set?

Are you getting an error message with that?  It might be a security measure made to ensure that bots don't overload the server or something by spamming inactive accounts.

Are you getting an error message with that?  It might be a security measure made to ensure that bots don't overload the server or something by spamming inactive accounts.

Nope. I simply don't see an option to. Nothing.

When a profile is new and has zero activity, there is no profile or status update section. Thus, no way to respond to them via Status Update.

Nope. I simply don't see an option to. Nothing.

When a profile is new and has zero activity, there is no profile or status update section. Thus, no way to respond to them via Status Update.

Will have to ask bmn or someone about then, since I'm not sure.  I was thinking maybe it's because they were still validating.

I tried adjusting my settings, but when I went to unfollow the topics I seem to have been put down for, I got this:

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

The new design looks quite great! :) Nice job! Can't wait to see future updates!

Sorry, there is a problem

Something went wrong. Please try again.

Error code: EX1054

I'm getting this when trying to access my followed content. Been getting it for a while now.

The problem is noted, but I can't do anything about it.  Just saying to let you know that I'm not ignoring anyone or missing the issue.

To note, we're fixing as many issues as time permits. Most of these bugs would have gone unnoticed during our tests because we didn't have the sheer amount of volume that rolling out on a live server does. Keep it coming.

Some of these errors will have to wait until a new IB4 update, though. They're pushing them out every two or three days at this point due to their bug tracker.

• Thumbs Up 1

Well, other than having to use my other browser it's been working fine, though I really want the Jammin' Croc theme back, this white is a touch hard on the eyes

I'm getting this when trying to access my followed content. Been getting it for a while now.

This should be resolved.

Curious, is there any way we could make it so that cover images don't stretch?  Like, I've resized this image several times over and even when at 500x500 pixels, it still stretches as though it were 1000+ pixels.

Do you guys have any progress regarding re-implementing badges or placing the other themes up? Just wondering.

The Status Updates are nice so far in IP Board 4, but it's quite buggy in comparison to our previous version. Sometimes your status update takes awhile (Or doesn't appear at all) to appear on the "Recent Status Updates" section. I'm not sure if other people can even see it, because I can't see my own recently posted statuses till like a minute after I posted it. 

I see that "recently updated topics" has been replaced with a new topics list as it used to be.

I know it's prolly a tall order, but any chance at all of making this optional one day perhaps?  At first I didn't like it, but now I think I sorta prefer the recently updated topics list.

I see that "recently updated topics" has been replaced with a new topics list as it used to be.

I know it's prolly a tall order, but any chance at all of making this optional one day perhaps?  At first I didn't like it, but now I think I sorta prefer the recently updated topics list.

Unless Dreadknux, Bmn or Carbo did it then it wasn't intended. I actually liked the updated topics list as a means of helping people keep track while they adjusted to the new forum layout. I'll have to ask since we're all working on separate projects right now with a bit of overlap.

Do you guys have any progress regarding re-implementing badges or placing the other themes up? Just wondering.

Kinda and no, in that order. The badge system is updated to somewhat display the existing ones but isn't quite at a point where we'd feel comfortable having it public (bugs and whatnot); the functionality issues as of late have required Bmn's attention as an immediate priority while the badges aren't that high. They'll be back in the near future - and I don't mean a Sonic Smash Cards timeline either.

I have a checklist of bugs or fixes that I need to do to the existing skins before working on others. If I start work on another then I'm effectively doubling my workload and adding a dash of frustration when I find miscoloured elements. :P

Edited by Chris

So unless I got drunk yesterday and decided to make an additional (approximately) 9,273 posts all in one night, I'm pretty sure my post count is wrong right now. XD - Is there are a background thing that's messing with post counts?

Edited by Tara

Statuses and comments apparently count as posts now... you're quite the status monster it seems :)

Edited by bmn
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure if I should call this good or bad, but I'm fine with it.

I'm like a status god :P

I guess this makes sense, since you can like statuses and comments now. 

I guess I'm a big status person too. Jumped from 452 to 2673 in the night! :P

It doesn't seem to be counting new status updates, or possibly due to the amount of people that post them often it takes longer then normal to track them?

Is there a way to make statuses/comments not count? I don't really like the fact that they do now :/

• Thumbs Up 1

So much for seeing who has a genuine high post count,

Well. I actually was around 10,000 before the wipe, but hey, that was genuine this is inflated. hopefully it'll get fixed, I don't think it was always like this and things are still fluxing a little. Also it would have a negative effect on keeping new members out of the marketplace since they could easily inflate their post count artificially through status's instead of through genuine thought through posts