Awoo.

Welcome To Your New-Look SSMB!

Dreadknux

you're quite the status monster it seems :)

cookie_monster_original.jpg

Well. I actually was around 10,000 before the wipe, but hey, that was genuine this is inflated. hopefully it'll get fixed, I don't think it was always like this and things are still fluxing a little. Also it would have a negative effect on keeping new members out of the marketplace since they could easily inflate their post count artificially through status's instead of through genuine thought through posts

To a certain extent, I think statuses should count as activity and count toward getting their privs for the PD and Marketplace forums.  The main reason we have a lock on those places is because we want to make sure the person is expressing a genuine interest in the community, which is something we can determine by quality of posts and statuses in addition to the number.  But I agree that status updates make it a little too easy to get the requisite number with minimal effort.  15 comments isn't the same as 15 posts, for example.  It's too easy to skirt around the rules by making something that just barely avoids the spamming rules.

But I also prefer the "topics and replies only" system of post counts by virtue of the fact that I think it gives a more accurate representation of who is contributing most to the overall boards, as opposed to just the status updates.

Edited by Tara

I feel like this is something that could be modified (with a bit of work), but I'd kinda like to see how it goes like this. Fresh start, and all that :)

Well, all I know is that I'm checking this out on an iPad mini right now and the place is looking absolutely gorgeous :) Proud of how it's looking! I think there are some things we can tweak - the page stretches on smartphone for some reason and we could do with changing the colour of the 'submit' buttons - but by and large I think this has all gone pretty nicely :)

Is there anyway to search status updates anymore?

Also it confuses me that everyone is complaining that they don't like the site now because of the white? Like, I can barely think of a major site that I use all the time that isn't white. White is the future yo'

Also I don't think 'genuine post counts' is really a valid complaint on a site that's had multiple wipes affect things....but maybe I just like seeing ridiculously high numbers that make everyone look like nerds :B

Is there a way to view the name history of a user? If so, how?

Is there anyway to search status updates anymore?

Also it confuses me that everyone is complaining that they don't like the site now because of the white? Like, I can barely think of a major site that I use all the time that isn't white. White is the future yo'

Also I don't think 'genuine post counts' is really a valid complaint on a site that's had multiple wipes affect things....but maybe I just like seeing ridiculously high numbers that make everyone look like nerds :B

To search status updates, you gotta view the words SSMB (colored cyan on the top right corner,) There's a drag down list saying status updates, click that, and you'll see the various updates people wrote!

To search status updates, you gotta view the words SSMB (colored cyan on the top right corner,) There's a drag down list saying status updates, click that, and you'll see the various updates people wrote!

She's referring to the ability to search up status updates via using keywords. Say, there's a status updates as far back as 2014. If you know what was said in that specific one you can type out the full thing or use keywords that have it to show the update. It's hard to explain, but it's like searching for a user.

White is the future yo'

I thought it was chrome! Everything is chrome in the future!

Edited by SSF1991
  • Thumbs Up 1

Is there a way to view the name history of a user? If so, how?

That was taken out for some odd reason that not anybody in this earth can hope to comprehend.  Sorry.

As for searching status updates, that too is a feature that was removed in the update for some reason that nobody on this earth can hope to comprehend.  The search engine on IPB has always sucked, and I feel like it gets even less refined with every update.  But I can't even find myself to be disappointed about it anymore.

Okay, I been having a massive problem with posting statuses: Most of the time, the box to type in doesn't appear at all and I have to keep refreshing until it works. Anyway to fix this?

• Thumbs Up 2

Okay, I been having a massive problem with posting statuses: Most of the time, the box to type in doesn't appear at all and I have to keep refreshing until it works. Anyway to fix this?

Oh, so I'm NOT the only one who's been experiencing this!

This has been brought up before and is a noted glitch in IPB that will hopefully be patched soon.  Some people have found luck in clicking in the space where the text box SHOULD be to get it to appear.

Can we have the 'popular now' topics block back pretty please? We had it during the first day of the new SSMB and I preferred it way more then the current 'Latest Topics' block. I do like to see in a glance what current topics are popular to look at now.

And we can even have both, it's not like IP.Board forces you to choose only one.

• Thumbs Up 2

I like the idea of having both as well, but I don't think the mobile layout needs to be any longer than it already is.

Nothing big, a nitpick really, but I've noticed that there's no space between the colon and the flag in the country listing in posts. I don't think it's supposed to look like that?

Nothing big, a nitpick really, but I've noticed that there's no space between the colon and the flag in the country listing in posts. I don't think it's supposed to look like that?

A formatting issue most likely.  IIRC, there were some difficulties importing the flags at first.

Just curious, how long until we can get some of the old themes back? It's just been a while and nothing's really been said about it. I hope it gets done soon, but I don't want to rush you guys. Just wanted to ask you because I really wanna get my "classic" Sonical on ;^;

Just curious, how long until we can get some of the old themes back? It's just been a while and nothing's really been said about it. I hope it gets done soon, but I don't want to rush you guys. Just wanted to ask you because I really wanna get my "classic" Sonical on ;^;

Unknowable at this point.  It's decently high on the list, but IPB4 being a complete rewrite of the previous software, I'm pretty sure that means Sonical has to reformatted to accommodated for that.

Ya, I know it'll take time, but I can't wait to get my Jammin' Croc, it was with us for such short a time :(