Awoo.

SSMB 2015: Your Opinion

Ryannumber1gamer

Since for some reason, only Mods and Admins can post in the announcement thread about the new look, I think it's fair if we have a thread where normal users can give their opinion on the forum change.

Well, what's my opinion on it? It's a really mixed bag. I like how Status updates are a lot more fleshed out here, with the option to like comments and statuses, and being able to report them, considering we've had issues before with statuses getting out of hand. Of course, I'm also happy that the majority of bugs are almost definitely fixed now.

But with that said, there's a whole lot of negatives as well. The theme isn't as nice as the selectable themes that fitted more into the Sonic theme, and allowing users to choose a theme that represents their favourite character. I don't know why a lot of notification options have been downright disabled which makes everything annoying. I wish we could have gotten some prior warning that our friends lists would be wiped and we'd have to start from scratch, and the board overall feels like it's lost a lot of what made it unique, 

I'm going to give it a chance though as I know the admins and mods are probably still getting used to it themselves and still getting features up and running but right now, there's a lot more negatives for me than positives.

• Thumbs Up 5

Since for some reason, only Mods and Admins can post in the announcement thread about the new look, I think it's fair if we have a thread where normal users can give their opinion on the forum change.

That's not intended at all and I'll fix it right now. Would rather you guys posted this feedback there.

Yeah, I tried to post the feedback there but there was no option for replying, so I thought it was meant to be like that.

• Thumbs Up 1

My devices are having a harder time loading the SSMB than before...any way that can be helped?

I'm sure someone with the know how can do something.

Regarding themes, Dreadknux mentioned that they will be re-added later. They are working on that. I'm also confused on the notification issues being disabled as it seems completely unnecessary, although I think this could be changed fairly easily.

I'm not completely upset regarding friends list disappearing although it is a bit of a downer. The Followers system is sort-of similar to it I guess, but it's honestly not the same. I like the status updates and pretty much everything else though. Everything feels more fleshed-out and smoother.

This is just first-impressions, but I think we as members of the SSMB should understand that this is still a WIP and that they are still working on many things as of now. I wouldn't immediately jump to conclusions yet.

• The topic was locked