Awoo.

BlazBlue Centralfiction (JP Arcades - November 19th 2015)

Junko

Main things of note:

• New playable characters: Hibiki Kohaku and Naoto Kurogane (from Bloodedge novels).
  • First location tests on July 19th and 20th
Edited by Kyoko Kirigiri
  • Thumbs Up 2

HYPE.

Hibiki looks epic. And I love the new followups and artstyle.

EDIT: Phantom/Nine is as good as announced to be playable really

Edited by Ice Prince Jin

Only 2 new characters?

Oh well, but hot damn theirs a ton of stages in this one, they brought back all the rest of the stages, touched them up some along with a couple of new stages, might be the Fighting Game with the most stages.

Only 2 new characters?

Oh well, but hot damn theirs a ton of stages in this one, they brought back all the rest of the stages, touched them up some along with a couple of new stages, might be the Fighting Game with the most stages.

There are actually 3, Nine is at the end of the trailer. I missed her too.

Only 2 new characters?

Characters are a lot of work to make effectively, they only got to the roster they have now by taking it step by step.
Besides, it's Arc. Expect DLC characters.

Goddamn this game looks so hype right now. I'm already seeing the changes to my main and it looks awesome.

I hope they continue to story too though its kind of a why not thing.

Naturally I'm hyped as hell about this. Blazblue is back and better than ever! Can't wait to follow progress and promotional material about this. :D

Dang, and I just bought CP:E for PS4!  Whelp, guess I'm saving up.

Edited by Taokaka

This game isn't going to available outside of Japanese arcades any time soon so there's really nothing to worry about as far as saving money goes. I'll be entirely honest and say that I thought Kurogane was a brand new character before people said that he was from Bloodedge Experience. I think he's interesting tho'. I never liked Hibiki but the way he plays is cool at least.

Still mainly going to play Noel tho'.

I'm really excited about Hibiki because I always liked offensive mixup; but because he's like Seth, I'm probably going to have to work harder.

This topic is lacking in information, so I guess I'll just info dump based on the Famitsu scans.

http://shoryuken.com/2015/07/16/famitsu-details-blazblue-central-fictions-newcomers-updated-mechanics-and-more/

Famitsu Details BlazBlue: Central Fiction’s Newcomers, Updated Mechanics, and More

420 shares

Early this week, Arc System Works announced the latest and supposed final chapter to the BlazBlue series, BlazBlue: Central Fiction. If you’ve been clamoring for more information on the title, wait no longer! The latest issue of Famitsu gives you a full dose what’s new with BlazBlue.

From Weekly Famitsu, Issue 2015/07/30:

The Conclusion of the Azure Story! The Final Chapter of the Battle Begins!

The 2D versus fighting game series BlazBlue is known for its highly strategic gameplay and grand story. The latest entry in the series will launch in arcades this winter! BlazBlue: Central Fiction marks the conclusion of the story surrounding protagonist Ragna the Bloodedge. New systems, new characters, and an “azure story” at its greatest scale in series history thrusts the fierce battle to its climax. The first batch of information brings you details the new story and renovated fight system.

bbcf-famitsu-01

The Stage of Battle Returns to Kagutsuchi!

bbcf-famitsu-14

Central Fiction’s story moves the previous game Chronophantasma’s setting from Ikaruga to the place where everything started, Kagutsuchi. In a world of unease where the events of the past seem to be repeating themselves, what will the protagonist Ragna see? A new, unknown chapter of BlazBlue begins!

Renewed Battle System and Graphics

The stages, game screen graphical elements as well as battle system that is the fight’s core have been renewed, further polishing up the quality. Character illustrations have been newly drawn by Arc System Works artist Yuuki Katou.

The character select screen and versus screen get a makeover.

The character select screen and versus screen get a makeover.

Over 50 stages from Ikaruga and Kagutsuchi make appearances. This truly is the series's culmination.

Over 50 stages from Ikaruga and Kagutsuchi make appearances. This truly is the series’s culmination.

bbcf-famitsu-03
bbcf-famitsu-04

bbcf-famitsu-05
bbcf-famitsu-06

New System 1 – EXCEED ACCEL: Super Moves During Overdrive

Two new systems have been added in Central Fiction that will change the face of battle. The first is Exceed Accel. It’s a super move performed by pressing all four buttons while in Overdrive, a temporary power-up of the unique Drive abilities. If the attack connects an exclusive cinematic initiate as you land massive amounts of damage.

bbcf-famitsu-07

A new option has been added to Overdrive. It has easy inputs, activated by simply pressing all four buttons simultaneously.

New System 2 – ACTIVE FLOW: The Bolder the Attack, the Greater the Advantage!

If you continue to take active actions like hitting the opponent with attacks, the character will enter Active Flow state. While active, attack damage is increased and the regeneration of the Burst Gauge, used for Overdrive activation, quickens.

bbcf-famitsu-16

The change in the vitality gauge’s character icon indicates that Active Flow is active. Exceed Accel is also greatly strengthened and the cinematic becomes extremely flashy.

Two Newcomers Make an Impactful Entrance!

Two new characters join the Azure Story’s battle! Fitting additions to the culmination, bringing the character count to 30.

bbcf-famitsu-08

Naoto Kurogane

Voice: Nobunaga Shimazaki

Protagonist of the novel BLAZBLUE Bloodedge Experience. He’s a current high school student who carries the “Hunter’s Eye” in his left eye, joining Central Fiction as a stranger from another world. He’s a standard-type character who fights with Bloodedge and his fists.

A Comment from Nobunaga Shimazaki, the Voice of Naoto

This fiery boy who perfectly fits the image of “The Protagonist”. Each of his moves are really cool and as a game character he’s very straightforward. For those interested in knowing more about hit, please also check out the novel.

bbcf-famitsu-17

Naoto is a standard-type character who fights with his bare hands. He has a play feel with no peculiarities, making him easy to pick up.

Drive Ability: Bloodedge

Naoto’s Drive ability is Bloodedge. He can unleash slashing attacks with a blade formed of his own blood. One feature of the Drive is that the attacks have normal and charged versions. The normal versions have long range, but charged the attacks reach even farther and have a guard crush effect. Try fighting using the two forms of attack skillfully.

bbcf-famitsu-18
bbcf-famitsu-09

Unique Ability: Enhancer

Enhancer is a unique ability that alters special moves when performed while dashing. The attacks gain new effects such as multiple hits.

bbcf-famitsu-10

bbcf-famitsu-19

Naoto’s hair turns white!? Taking advantage of the novel’s setting, white-haired Naoto also appears in Central Fiction, bridging the media with a shared story universe.

bbcf-famitsu-11

Hibiki Kohaku

Voice: Mitsuhiro Ichiki

Hibiki, who appeared in the previous game Chronophantasma’s story as Kagura’s outstanding secretary, joins the battle. He’s a technical-type character with tricky attacks using his offshoot.

A Comment from Ichiki Matsuhiro, the voice of Hibiki

Sorry for the long wait. Hibiki finally makes his battle debut. I had a hard time waiting myself. When the game launches, please have fun with Hibiki’s signature tricky actions. And let’s face off in the arcade.

bbcf-famitsu-20

In Chronophantasma, Hibiki served as a support to Kagura, who revolts against the Librarium.

Dive Ability: Double Chase

Hibiki’s Drive is an offshoot move. Pressing the D Button unleashes the image in front of him. Combining this with directional input, Hibiki can take over the image, moving his actual self forward.

bbcf-famitsu-12
bbcf-famitsu-13

bbcf-famitsu-21

Hibiki splits into two and unleashes a rush attack. The player can freely choose which image to control.

Special Move: Zanshoukyaku > (Follow-up) Senba

Hibiki nimbly leaps into the air. From here, he can branch off into a variety of moves. Senba unleashes a countless number of projectiles from above!

bbcf-famitsu-23

Hibiki’s advantages are his surprise teleportation abilities and his speed. Combine his speed with Double Chase and freely move about the stage, vertically and horizontally!

bbcf-famitsu-22

Hibiki’s Exceed Accel, Sakuougi “Haraebina”. Hibiki uses the swords in each hand and instantly minces up the opponent!

Sources: Famitsu Online, Weekly Famitsu via Kurushi

Looks like we're goin back.

• Thumbs Up 3

Probably won't experience exceed accel much since I don't find myself activating overdrive too often.  Though attack flow I might like since I tend to play more on the offensive as Tao.  I wonder if the attack flow will also count Tao's "Tao Plus Two" in overdrive mode.  Could be fun seeing the damage rate increase at double the speed.

Originally when this was announced I was like nah fuck another blazblue, not interested, not going to play it, but reading that famitsu update and legit everything in there sounds interesting. I really like the sounds of both those two characters and borrowing anything from UNIB is a great idea. Especially if it's to reward offensive play.

Not too keen on exceed accel, it sounds like GG IKs- impractical as shiiiiit.

Originally when this was announced I was like nah fuck another blazblue, not interested, not going to play it, but reading that famitsu update and legit everything in there sounds interesting. I really like the sounds of both those two characters and borrowing anything from UNIB is a great idea. Especially if it's to reward offensive play.

Not too keen on exceed accel, it sounds like GG IKs- impractical as shiiiiit.

Its ok Remy, we know nobody loves the blue ;_;

I dunno, it sounds more like UNiB's Infinite Worths to me, but I'd laugh if they ended up being hilariously impractical and useless.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Famitsu's got a new preview of the game up, translated by Niche Gamer.

The game is getting an “exceptional update” to the core story of the game, giving a lot of volume for the scenarios of each character.

Following the passage of time, continuation scenarios are going to be presented. There will also be new modes added like score attack, as well as sparring mode, the latter of which you can view below:

blazblue-central-fiction-10-21-15-4.jpg

With sparring mode, settings for gameplay conditions is possible. More information is coming in the 11/5 issue of Famitsu. As we covered in our previous report, the cast of returning characters in BlazBlue: Central Fiction is as follows:

Amane, Arakune, Azrael, Bang, Bullet, Carl, Celica, Hakumen, Hazama, Izayoi, Jin, Kokonoe, Litchi, Makoto, Noel, Platinum, Rachel, Ragna, Relius, Tager, Taokaka, Terumi, Tsubaki, Valkenhayn, μ -No.12-, ν -No.13-, and Λ -No.11-.

Three new playable characters are coming to the game as well: Naoto Kurogane, Hibiki Kohaku, as well as Konoe A. Mercury.

BlazBlue: Central Fiction is launching sometime later next month in Japanese arcades.