Awoo.

SEGA/Sonic characters in Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

DaddlerTheDalek

Mario :U

Seriously though, I'd like to see Tails, Knuckles, Amy, and Shadow, along with maybe Blaze and Silver for good measure.

• Thumbs Up 4

Knowing that the one Sonic arcade game that showed up in Litwak's Arcade was Sonic: The Fighters, I expect characters from there. Like Knuckles, Metal Sonic, etc. (Maybe even the return of Fang, Bark and Bean.....Naaah.)

• Thumbs Up 1

I really hope Sonic has a bigger role in the sequel. And I think it would be cool to at least have Shadow or Amy in there. Heck I've already imagined Amy hanging out with some of the other characters in the arcade.

• Thumbs Up 5

I know Moore and Iizuka had said they wanted to give Sonic more of a plot-relevant role, so I'd be very interested to see where they take the film.

It also makes me ponder if they'd make it more of an actual crossover in that case, though; if Sonic is getting removed from cameo status, it stands to reason some of the others might as well.

I think Tails and Knuckles are inevitable as characters if they bring any.

I'm just curious where the plot will take things... online gaming, I suppose?

• Thumbs Up 3

Mario and Luigi of course! =] Also, if the sequel is more about console gaming I'd love to see Sora appear in the background or something. It's a Disney crossover thing, so why not?

EDIT: Oh err..Sega characters you say? XD;; Well, Sonic, Eggman and a few others of the cast would be nice to see but for other Sega characters I'd go for obvious arcadey ones like Ulala and Amigo.

Edited by Gabz Girl
  • Thumbs Up 1

well last time they had great suport to the movie with Sonic's cameos.. so some people wanted to watch it.....  maybe this time they'll get Mario and Luigi..

but it would be nice to see Sonic and Eggman again around there...

about other SEGA characters... i guess Alex Kidd deserves a little comeback..  as a forgotten character and forgotten mascot .. :D

they announced Frozen 2!?!  ahh! no way DX

• Thumbs Up 2

I'd probably be fine with just Sonic and Eggman having cameos like in the first film.

If anything I think it'd be interesting to see Ralph interact more with the other members of the Bad-Anon meetings like Bowser, Eggman, and Clyde, or maybe even give some support to new members like a Galaxian ship or something.

• Thumbs Up 3

What I want more than anything is too see Mario and Sonic to have a scene together. That was a HUGE missed opportunity in the first one if you ask me.

I'd like to see Sonic and maybe some other Sonic characters have a more pronounced and plot-relevant role, as others have stated, but I'm not banking on that.  Hedoesn't have to be a show-stealer or anything, mind you.  It would just be really interesting to see what Pixar would do with him.

I'd like to see Sonic and maybe some other Sonic characters have a more pronounced and plot-relevant role, as others have stated, but I'm not banking on that.  Hedoesn't have to be a show-stealer or anything, mind you.  It would just be really interesting to see what Pixar would do with him.

it's made by Disney. Not Pixar. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be down for Sonic, for sure - hell, it might even make me want to go see the movie itself. Tails and Eggman would be must haves if they want to add characters outside of Sonic, but I wouldn't see an issue with characters like Knuckles and Shadow making appearances too. 

• Thumbs Up 1

it's made by Disney. Not Pixar. 

My mistake.  It has that style to it, so I merely assumed it was Pixar.  Still would be interested to see what Disney would do with it, though.

Definitely would be nice to have more sonic and hopefully get Mario into this too. Definitely need a scene were both of them interact with each other. 

Hopefully we get some action with eggman too, we've seen how he is in sonic boom. Definitely need his humor in the movie in some form.

If there was to be any sega character, I would probably choose Beat from jet set radio since that's the only sega series I really enjoy.

But I guess the likely ones would be amigo or ulala which still would be cool to see anyways.

Edited by jords

They'll never cover PC gaming that's for sure :(

It's

:( know Moore and Iizuka had said they wanted to give Sonic more of a plot-relevant role, so I'd be very interested to see where they take the film.

It also makes me ponder if they'd make it more of an actual crossover in that case, though; if Sonic is getting removed from cameo status, it stands to reason some of the others might as well.

I think Tails and Knuckles are inevitable as characters if they bring any.

They'll never cover PC gamng that's for sure :(:(:(

It's obvious that Sonic and Eggman's gonna show up, but i think that Tails and Knuckles would get a cameo, while Amy would just be mentioned without actually appearing.

I don't think characters that haven't had a game in over 20+ years or haven't made a huge splash in pop culture are likely to appear.  So as much as I love Vectorman, I wouldn't count on him.

I think that Sonic and Eggman would definitely have decent roles. Maybe they could even have the villains this time be a group of actual video game villains that go after Ralph or something.

In such a scenario I could see Tails, Knuckles, and maybe Amy/Shadow get cameos (not major roles). I'm not sure about other SEGA properties.

Oh, I also expect Mario and Luigi to at least get cameos this time, if not full story roles.

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of small background cameos, anyone is game (no pun intended) really.  Wreck-It Ralph had plenty of VERY obscure stuff if you were willing to look at all the crowd scenes.

For bigger cameo roles though, like that of Sonic or Q-Bert or Zangief, it's hard to say.

The creators have stated they had the full rights to use Mario last time (they had Bowser after all, it's not like he's a seperate IP!), but they just couldn't find a place to put him in the film that really respected his ridiculous legacy in gaming.  Sonic - being a huge name but not THE hugest, somehow fit the PSA system a little better (and by extension that allowed for plenty of small cameos to exist that wouldn't disrespect him as a character etc).  I think they've said they'd really like to try and work Mario into the sequel PROPERLY if they can, like not just find a place for him but write him in from the off.

That was the implication from what I've seen/read from the creators over the years anyway, naturally plans can change.

I think the creators said this is exactly where they want to go with the sequel.

There was also an entire cut sequence from the first one in which Ralph found himself in a Sims/Facebook game parody where everyone did nothing but relax by the beach, customise their outfit and go to parties etc (with the only real form of gameplay being giving other characters "LIKE IT!"s to increase their level and yours.  At first Ralph loves the easy life but eventually decides he needs to do what's right and go back to Sugar Rush to help Vanellope etc.  It's a pretty fun scene, if anyone owns the home release of Wreck-It Ralph go and give it a looksie in the special features (all just storyboard animation of course).  Anyway it was still cut, so we might see some of these concepts resurface.

• Thumbs Up 1

In terms of small background cameos, anyone is game (no pun intended) really.  Wreck-It Ralph had plenty of VERY obscure stuff if you were willing to look at all the crowd scenes.

For bigger cameo roles though, like that of Sonic or Q-Bert or Zangief, it's hard to say.

The creators have stated they had the full rights to use Mario last time (they had Bowser after all, it's not like he's a seperate IP!), but they just couldn't find a place to put him in the film that really respected his ridiculous legacy in gaming.  Sonic - being a huge name but not THE hugest, somehow fit the PSA system a little better (and by extension that allowed for plenty of small cameos to exist that wouldn't disrespect him as a character etc).  I think they've said they'd really like to try and work Mario into the sequel PROPERLY if they can, like not just find a place for him but write him in from the off.

That was the implication from what I've seen/read from the creators over the years anyway, naturally plans can change.

I think the creators said this is exactly where they want to go with the sequel.

There was also an entire cut sequence from the first one in which Ralph found himself in a Sims/Facebook game parody where everyone did nothing but relax by the beach, customise their outfit and go to parties etc (with the only real form of gameplay being giving other characters "LIKE IT!"s to increase their level and yours.  At first Ralph loves the easy life but eventually decides he needs to do what's right and go back to Sugar Rush to help Vanellope etc.  It's a pretty fun scene, if anyone owns the home release of Wreck-It Ralph go and give it a looksie in the special features (all just storyboard animation of course).  Anyway it was still cut, so we might see some of these concepts resurface.

If  they're going for online gaming for the sequel then i REALLY hope that they don't go after WoW because having to put up with the 372846284 WoW "parody" just gets really annoying.

If  they're going for online gaming for the sequel then i REALLY hope that they don't go after WoW because having to put up with the 372846284 WoW "parody" just gets really annoying.

Well they could always go for MOBA'S like League of Legends or Smite. Heck they could even go for Neopets if they want to.

Edited by Johnny Boy

WRECK IT RALPH 2 CONFIRMED!

I'd like to see Sonic and Mario interact for once, and no NOT BOOM SONIC the modern sonic that appeared in the first film.  

If Bowser appeared in the film, why not Mario?

I don't think characters that haven't had a game in over 20+ years or haven't made a huge splash in pop culture are likely to appear.  So as much as I love Vectorman, I wouldn't count on him.

The purple rhino enemy from Altered Beast made a random cameo in Wreck it Ralph, so you never know. =] In fact there were quite a few obscure ones in the first film already like Dig Dug and Joust, but they were mostly in the background.

There was also an entire cut sequence from the first one in which Ralph found himself in a Sims/Facebook game parody where everyone did nothing but relax by the beach, customise    their outfit and go to parties etc (with the only real form of gameplay being giving other characters "LIKE IT!"s to increase their level and yours.  At first Ralph loves the easy life but  eventually decides he needs to do what's right and go back to Sugar Rush to help Vanellope etc.  It's a pretty fun scene, if anyone owns the home release of Wreck-It Ralph go and give it a looksie in the special features (all just storyboard animation of course).  Anyway it was still cut, so we might see some of these concepts resurface.

Ah yes, I remember that. It was called EZ Living 2. It was funny, but I didn't like that dudebro character very much so I'm kinda glad they cut it in the end. Also what the hell was its endgame gonna be? Maybe dudebro guy was gonna end up with Calhoun instead of Felix? A mystery. I'd like to see some elements of the game return in the sequel though, especially the LIKE IT! thing.

TBH I don't really want a lot of Sonic focus in WiR2. It isn't a story about actual video game characters, much less the Sonic series in particular. Putting much more focus on the cameos would distract from telling the story they're trying to tell. Just have Sonic, Eggman, maybe Tails at the most, in similarly minor roles as before and that'd be plenty.

• Thumbs Up 3