Awoo.

SEGA/Sonic characters in Disney's Wreck-It Ralph 2

DaddlerTheDalek

I'm usually not of fan of movie sequels, majority of them seem to disappoint me. So I don't have alot of hopes with this movie. :/  In terms of cameos, I guess more sonic would be nice but I expect it to be at a minimum. Mario showing up would be cool, having both sonic and mario in a film together. 

I doubt that Sonic will even appear in Wreck It Ralph 2, thanks to the Sony/SEGA movie deal. Look at what happened with Spider-Man, he could not even appear in the MCU because Sony were adament about Spidey's filmography being exclusive to them, not even cameos or references were allowed. The same will probably happen with Sonic and it's a shame because what little we would see of Sonic in WiR2 would probably by eons better than whatever they are cooking up at Sony Pictures if the studio's track record is anything to go by. 

Whenever Sonic's not onscreen, all the other characters should be asking "Where's Sonic?".

I don't really want them to expand on Sonic in the movie. I prefer him having a cameo to small role.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Chuckle 1

I doubt that Sonic will even appear in Wreck It Ralph 2, thanks to the Sony/SEGA movie deal. Look at what happened with Spider-Man, he could not even appear in the MCU because Sony were adament about Spidey's filmography being exclusive to them, not even cameos or references were allowed. The same will probably happen with Sonic and it's a shame because what little we would see of Sonic in WiR2 would probably by eons better than whatever they are cooking up at Sony Pictures if the studio's track record is anything to go by. 

Oh god I forgot all about that. Goddammit Sony :(

They could always parody "The King of Kong," though, by having Litwak's be the hosting location for a Fix-It Felix Jr. World Record Competition, and it would give us a look at OTHER versions of the Nicelanders, like how the Litwak's Nicelanders LOVE Ralph, while the OTHER Ralph and Nicelanders stick to their roles, and the other Ralph is just plain jerky. Plus, the attending players would get wise, with the Litwak's Fix-It Felix Jr. Machine having that bonus mode with those homeless game characters, including Q*Bert. Unless the Nicelanders simply say that they go to Classic Mode, no Bonus Stages with the additional characters.

Edited by YoshiAngemon

• 11 months later...

tumblr_o9lih9Hsjc1qi8pxqo1_1280.jpg

Ohhh boy! This time the movie's gonna focus on these two and other characters doing adventures on the internet?!

Can't wait for the memes that surface from this!

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't see Sonic getting more relevant in a movie where videogame stars just make cameos, but hey, I wouldn't complain at all!

• 2 weeks later...

Oh....doesn't look like they'll be focusing that much on games in the next movie, that's disappointing. 

Wow, the internet?
Hate to sound cynical but they should have just made it another video game based sequel, I can only see this becoming extremely outdated if they reference funny internet memes that get old after a week.

I kinda hope it's just Sonic again but done in a cute way to tie in with the whole "traveling the internet" thing, like he's regarded as the fastest way to get around from site to site. Having a minor role is probably the biggest I'd want for him, since it's of course not "Wreck-It Ralph 2: Sonic's Story" haha. Having some just sight seeing of other Sonic or SEGA characters around would be neat as well though. I'd really die to see Opa-Opa flying around

• Thumbs Up 1

• 8 months later...

I just hope that Sonic returns at all in Wreck-It Ralph 2. Even if it would be a smaller cameo than in the first movie.

I would expect Sonic to appear in Wreck-it Ralph 2... if we weren't already getting a proper Sonic movie from Sony in the same year. Sony are pretty grabby with IPs too, so I doubt they'd let Sonic anywhere near another animated film from a competing studio.

• 7 months later...
On 20.3.2017 at 8:09 PM, Ayliffe said:

I would expect Sonic to appear in Wreck-it Ralph 2... if we weren't already getting a proper Sonic movie from Sony in the same year. Sony are pretty grabby with IPs too, so I doubt they'd let Sonic anywhere near another animated film from a competing studio.

Well. Paramount has took over the Sonic movie and the new release year is 2019. I'm still hoping for a little Sonic cameo in Wreck-It Ralph 2 next year..

• Thumbs Up 1

I don't care if they don't even get any dialogue, but I would love to see Tails, Knuckles, and Amy actually show up for real, even if it's just a background cameo. It would be fun to see more than just pictures of them that are easy to miss. It's obviously too much to expect more scenes of Sonic though. If Sonic does show up again, it will likely be very limited. Despite limited screen time, Sonic still got a decent amount of cameos, compared to the other cameos, maybe not as much a Q-bert, but still.

There is a more likely chance Sonic could show up in the sequel, since Ralph is traveling through the internet, that means he could be likely to stumble across a few Sonic characters here and there, who knows? So far, the Disney princesses from the past are confirmed for a cameo. I'm surprised there hasn't been a teaser trailer yet.

• Thumbs Up 2