Awoo.

Stupid Stuff From Videogame Publishers/Developers

Milo

Thank the Wayback Machine, otherwise this thread (sans the video, he was a good soldier, RIP) wouldn't had been able to be resurrected!

7fLrbOo.png

In the rising circumstances of a lot of really, really laughable things issued by the PR of videogame developers (or at least Ubisoft, anyway), I've decided to make a thread where people can post, discuss, laugh, and sarcastically snark at outrageously silly things said or done by videogame publishers and/or videogame developers. It can be old stuff, new stuff, whatever. Just remember, we're all here for laughs (for the most part), so let's not try to get things too heated, 'kay? 'Kay.

Tonight, a new one from the latest comedian on the block, Ubisoft! They claim Ass(assin's) Creed Unity can't reach 1080p on consoles because....*wait for it*...the lighting system would take up 25GB in space!

Isn't that Ubisoft guy a card? He'll be here all week! And so will the rest, once you get the ball of discussion rolling!

Edited by Gabe
  • Thumbs Up 2

Good that this got it's own thread because this stuff is very common in triple-A industry, where rationality is so rare (although indies in the end aren't really better). But I myself don't really laugh to that stuff, it just makes me sad to think that those companies think we are really so stupid to believe what they say.

Let's be fair here, Indie developers aren't much better. Do we really need to bring up Phil Fish's constant bullshit of claiming that gamers don't deserve Fez 2? or stuff like Jim fucking Sterling Son and the Slaughtering Grounds developer who acted like a 8 year old because Jim gave the developer's terrible game much deserved criticism?

• Thumbs Up 1

Let's be fair here, Indie developers aren't much better. Do we really need to bring up Phil Fish's constant bullshit of claiming that gamers don't deserve Fez 2? or stuff like Jim fucking Sterling Son and the Slaughtering Grounds developer who acted like a 8 year old because Jim gave the developer's terrible game much deserved criticism?

Yes, even if big companies do extremely stupid stuff much, some basically all the time (Konami), at least their PR-department keeps the worst things out (at least they don't get public)

Although the idea of a AAA company like, say, Ubisoft telling people to "suck my dick, choke on it" is a beautiful one

Do crappy adverts count?

Because I'd say a lot of Rayman 3's marketing was awful. They tried so hard to make Rayman look macho and the result was a load of base humour. It may have been tongue in cheek, but it's still strikes me as really obnoxious. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcN76CTQJIc

Idon'tknowhowtoaddvideosanymoreD8

And of course there's the fact Sega lost their progress on Sonic 06, not mentioning the content itself, it's a bit ridiculous to forget the concept of backup.

Edited by Amomynous
  • Thumbs Up 1

lol I wonder where Phil Fish is at now? His outburst on Twitter was crazy.

But for a more recent Twitter outburst, look no further than Randy Pitchford. Whole bunch of people have tweeted him after Jimquisition's video about a recent statement Pitchford made on Aliens: Colonial Marines. Yep, he just HAD to bring that topic up again! The guy just won't apologise for all the disaster that was Aliens, making him look like a total scumbag.

And of course there's the fact Sega lost their progress on Sonic 06, not mentioning the content itself, it's a bit ridiculous to forget the concept of backup.

what

since when did  this happen?

@Gabz Girl - Phil Fish, as far as I know, was last seen DJing a Double Fine party afterr DF had fired a bunch of people for lack of money.

Which probably also counts for the annals of "lel PR"

Edited by The KKM