Awoo.

Police Brutality Thread

CrownSlayers Shadow

http://www.rawstory.com/2016/07/final-police-officer-in-freddie-gray-case-lt-brian-rice-is/

And the Freddie Gray case closes with not a single officer being charged.

Are they even trying to hide the obvious bias in the system? Like holy shit, not even a reprimand? We know that Gray wasn't secured and that he didn't receive immediate medical attention. This is legitimately horseshit of the highest order.

Malicious at worst and negligent at best. There is no sane reason that every single officer gets to walk free.

How can one deny brutality's existence when you see something like this?

1 hour ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

How can one deny brutality's existence when you see something like this?

Because it doesn't coincide with the false reality they've created for themselves; a reality in which minorities and whites truly are on equal footing and, therefore, police brutality doesn't exist.

• Thumbs Up 2

14 hours ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

I'm noticing a trend of BLM's detractors invoking MLK, Jr. and his accomplishments. Namely, "he wouldn't be doing things like blocking freeways!"

Are you sure?

MLK, Jr. was very fond of (non-violent) disruption. Boycotts, sit-ins, even regular protests if they get large enough, all are disruptive. This is how you get people to listen. How many people honestly pay attention to picketing unless those people threaten to take their grievances to the ballot box?

I'm getting tired of the "people being inconvenienced" argument that I'm seeing everywhere. The Civil Rights movement owes a lot of its success to telling the majority that their First World Problems mean nothing. White workers going without lunch because black folks (or sympathetic white folks) were causing problems in the whites-only restaurant. White bus drivers having trouble sleeping because the protesters aren't giving money to the company and have to worry about being laid off. White people having to walk a little bit further to the back and front of the bus because a black person refused to give up their seat in the front. What a horrible inconvenience to you!

Lost your job because you were late to work due to needing to take another route? Now you have a taste of what it's like to not be hired in the first place because you happen to be black. Your quality of life was almost compromised by not reaching a hospital as quickly? Now you know what it's like to be that black parent who has to tell their child to not go outside out of fear of criminal or police violence. Late to class and it got you dropped a grade? Now you know what it's like to not have the best educational opportunities available to you.

People think it's unfair to disrupt traffic. I say it's perfectly justified given what's at stake. Those who are complicit in a racist order deserve to be inconvenienced for it.

The only way you can construe BLM's behavior as unfair is if you are convinced the black community doesn't have external problems, which has been thoroughly disproven time and time again.

But hey, it's all a vast left-wing conspiracy cooked up by college professors and people who are TOTALLY responsible for every bad thing happening to them.

Totally.

Blocking traffic does not make anyone stop and say. Aw i feel bad for them though. Honest truth if I am heading to work and your in my way im getting to work lol. Im not running late cause some people want to sit in the street.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 minute ago, Meta77 said:

Blocking traffic does not make anyone stop and say. Aw i feel bad for them though. Honest truth if I am heading to work and your in my way im getting to work lol. Im not running late cause some people want to sit in the street.

So what, you're just gonna run over protesters?

Also, the end goal of protests isn't to make people sympathetic towards you; it's more to make the powers that be do what you're telling them to just to shut you up.

2 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

Also, the end goal of protests isn't to make people sympathetic towards you; it's more to make the powers that be do what you're telling them to just to shut you up.

3 minutes ago, Dizcrybe said:

If my job is on the line and i need to be there on time i am going to get myself there. You just better move lol. They will know to move for me cause ill have the double dutch playing coming down the traffic jam

• Thumbs Up 1

Okay, first, that didn't answer my question.

Second, I highly doubt angry BLM protesters are gonna care what you decide to blast out of your car if your intent is to run then down just to get paid that week.

And like I said before, America brought this on itself. You can't continue to mistreat a group of people and not expect some pushback. Eventually enough people will decide (rightfully and justifiably) that enough is enough.

1 minute ago, Dizcrybe said:

Okay, first, that didn't answer my question.

Second, I highly doubt angry BLM protesters are gonna care what you decide to blast out of your car if your intent is to run then down just to get paid that week.

And like I said before, America brought this on itself. You can't continue to mistreat a group of people and not expect some pushback. Eventually enough people will decide (rightfully and justifiably) that enough is enough.

No to me all i see is a group of people. my people at least some wanting a handout and special treatment. And anytime someone singles them out oh loe and tear drops they stopped me cause im black.

Plenty of statistics have been posted in this thread and others proving that black people are targeted by cops and given harsher treatment than white people on average. Being obstinate about the evidence and mocking the situation because you can't relate to it doesn't invalidate those facts. Why not try actually looking up some non-partisan studies or books or something to support your stance instead of literally contributing nothing?

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

If my job is on the line and i need to be there on time i am going to get myself there. You just better move lol. They will know to move for me cause ill have the double dutch playing coming down the traffic jam

Well, let's say they don't and you run them over.

You won't have to worry about getting to work again for a number of years. But I don't think that's worth the consequences.

• Thumbs Up 3

7 hours ago, Meta77 said:

No to me all i see is a group of people. my people at least some wanting a handout and special treatment. And anytime someone singles them out oh loe and tear drops they stopped me cause im black.

Asking be to treated with the same respect that white people are =/= equal treatment.

You've basically just admitted you don't think black people deserve any better.

Plus running people over is attempted homicide at best. It is REALLY not something anyone should seriously consider.

The people who say "lol they deserve it" (which is sadly quite a few) are just proving Black Lives Matter's point. You don't attempt to kill people because they inconvenience you.

Yeah, losing your job sucks. But it's never enough to justify murder.

Then there's the chance you can probably just take an alternate route anyway.

8 hours ago, Meta77 said:

Blocking traffic does not make anyone stop and say. Aw i feel bad for them though.

Doesn't need to. You're not the person they want.

But it will most likely convince you to ask politicians to do something about it. Here are your two options:

1. Have protesters forcibly removed, possibly violating free expression and the right to peaceful assembly, while also alienating moderates who begin to think "screw this" and turn to violence. After all, if this can't get the majority to listen, what's the point? It's understandable for people to develop a "just burn this shit down" attitude when it becomes apparent you don't give a damn about them and you're not going to make any changes.

2. Recognize brutality is an issue, as all the data clearly shows, and make concessions. Should these concessions actually be serious, THEN you can criticize BLM people for blocking roads once they don't have a leg to stand on. I have no doubt there will be at least some people who will never be pleased, because there are unreasonable people in every group.

• Thumbs Up 3

4 hours ago, Conquering Storm's Servant said:

Well, let's say they don't and you run them over.

You won't have to worry about getting to work again for a number of years. But I don't think that's worth the consequences.

I would not murder anyone. if your blocking traffic highly doubt ill be able to hit 60 going down the road. But again i will get through. Hopefully I could get the cops to pepper spray or something. Ironic i think.  Noting will change by annoying people. The plight today versus protest back 60 years ago are so night and day. People use it a lot. Back then again as i said before people were hung up in trees, shot on trips in the woods, kept out of schools, made to go to the back of the restaurants, etc. Today, noting, honestly most the cases cops have been involved in something have been what probably 8 major cases? That whole hands up dont shoot fiasco when it was finally proven he never had his hands up. Im just saying its not as rampant as "young" people are making it out to be. Ive talked to older people while with younger people and the anger i see in the older people of the young doing this amazes me some days. BUT regardless its not my battle honestly if you or they want to keep sitting in the road by all means go ahead.

1 hour ago, Meta77 said:

But again i will get through.

You are still injuring a person through an act of willful malice. You deserve to be charged.

Hopefully I could get the cops to pepper spray or something.

Thank you for proving this thread has a reason for existence. Pepper sprayed for protesting? That's absurd.

Noting will change by annoying people.

Again, the Civil Rights era disagrees with you. All those tactics we see as "better" had the same goal in mind: telling white people to cram their first world problems where the Sun didn't shine. And it worked.

People use it a lot. Back then again as i said before people were hung up in trees, shot on trips in the woods, kept out of schools, made to go to the back of the restaurants, etc. Today, noting,

Blacks still have to deal with vastly limited opportunities. Many of them are stuck in crime-ridden areas with no real hope of escaping.

You say there's nothing comparable, but you're wrong. America is more segregated now than it was after desegregation began in the mid-1960s. White folks, non-racist as they are, have simply developed a habit of leaving communities that start to turn black. The overall white sentiment is there's no problem with marrying blacks or going to school with them... but they don't want to live in the same neighborhood as them. 

There's a huge subset of Americans wallowing in despair with no hope of changing it as a result of past and present stratification policies, and you're telling them that there's "nothing" wrong with the situation.

honestly most the cases cops have been involved in something have been what probably 8 major cases?

Those are the ones that get publicized. Blacks are shot by police at a much higher rate than whites.

Now, in fairness, accounting for violent crime rates, you actually get an even number of shootings, possibly more whites getting shot, actually. But that assumes every shooting is for a violent crime, and it looks like that's not the case.

Furthermore, it doesn't even have to be about police shootings, those are just the most visible because, well, someone died. Blacks are still subject to far more punishment for the same crimes and far more likely to be assumed of wrongdoing.

That whole hands up dont shoot fiasco when it was finally proven he never had his hands up.

Okay, point there. The Michael Brown case does show where the anti-brutality movement needs to develop more tact.

Im just saying its not as rampant as "young" people are making it out to be.

Which has been thoroughly disproven by others in this thread time and time again through data.

BUT regardless its not my battle honestly if you or they want to keep sitting in the road by all means go ahead.

You say it's not your battle when you said you'd run a protester over if necessary. Sounds like it is.

• Thumbs Up 3

Again, @Meta77 do you actually have any actual proof that there are negligible to no differences between the way blacks and whites are treated in the judicial system or are you just taking out of your ass and shitting on black people because you're comfortable? There is literally no use in discussing this issue with anyone if you're not even going to try to educate yourself on the nature of the problem.

• Thumbs Up 2

3 hours ago, Meta77 said:

. BUT regardless its not my battle honestly if you or they want to keep sitting in the road by all means go ahead.

Then why bother making it your battle to build up a stink over the matter in the first place?  

Surely you could easily circumvent inconveniences without having to rely on methods which come as more aggressive than this protest which hasn't even really stooped to outright violence in the first place. 

On 08/09/2015 at 9:05 AM, Tornado said:

How does an autopsy report conclude whether or not a vehicle was in motion when someone was shot inside of it?

On 08/09/2015 at 9:05 AM, Tornado said:

How does an autopsy report conclude whether or not a vehicle was in motion when someone was shot inside of it?

Its the shattering point. Saw as if you punched out your windows.  the glass edges would show it.

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-way/2016/07/19/486581466/police-and-black-lives-matter-hold-a-cookout-and-praise-rolls-in

Seems at least one BLM chapter has adopted a new tactic: replacing protests with parties. In this case, the police chief and an activist got together and thought it would be a good idea to defuse tension and humanize each side to the other.

I hope this goes nationwide. I want to tear the "BLM are cop haters" argument apart, and this would be a fantastic way to start that.

Hopefully more frequent fraternization will assist in addressing issues. I can only hope that it would make both sides keep a closer eye on allies who step out of line.

• Thumbs Up 4

Clearly those uppity cop killers are only doing it to ensnare these angelic law-abiding servicemen and women into a mass poisoning.

• Thumbs Up 4

@Meta77 young people are usually the ones to instigate change and actually do shit, so not sure why "older people agree with me" is any ground to stand on. The older people get, the more inconvenienced these things are for them usually, so of course they'll be more likely to side with the opposing opinions that these protests are useless or bad.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, KHCast said:

@Meta77 young people are usually the ones to instigate change and actually do shit, so not sure why "older people agree with me" is any ground to stand on. The older people get, the more inconvenienced these things are for them usually, so of course they'll be more likely to side with the opposing opinions that these protests are useless or bad.

Likewise explains the conservative nature of American politics, since we currently have an unbalanced age pyramid and older people are more likely to vote (due to being retired or otherwise not having as much work to do as younger people).

I wouldn't be surprised if we get on a bullet train towards more progressive policies on policing (and in general) at some point in the next decade as aging takes its toll on traditional thinking.

Oh yeah, this happened.

An autistic man’s therapist was shot and wounded by police in Florida while lying on the street with his hands in the air.

Charles Kinsey, who works with people with disabilities, was trying to get his 27-year-old patient back to a facility from where he wandered, North Miami assistant police chief Neal Cuevas told the Miami Herald.

Cuevas said police – who were responding to reports of a man threatening to shoot himself – ordered Kinsey and the patient, who was sitting in the street playing with a toy truck, to lie on the ground.

Kinsey, who is black, lay down and put his hands up while trying to get his patient to comply. An officer fired three times, striking Kinsey in the leg, Cuevas said. No weapon was found on either Kinsey or his patient.

A lawyer for Kinsey, Hilton Napoleon, gave the Herald a video showing the moments leading up to the shooting. It shows Kinsey lying in the middle of the street with his hands up, asking the officers not to shoot him, while his patient sits next to him, yelling at him to “shut up”.

“Sir, there’s no need for firearms,” Kinsey said he told police before he was shot, according to the paper. “It was so surprising. It was like a mosquito bite.”

Police have not released the name of the officer who fired the shots.

The real clincher? The guy asked the officer why he shot him. His response? "I don't know."

I dare someone to defend this.

• Thumbs Up 8

Thank God he's recovered at least (I assume, based on him giving testimony).

Wouldn't it be tragic irony if the living victim sees justice, when the dead ones hardly ever do?

4 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

I mean, what's the big deal, especially since he lived? Back then when black people had REAL problems, he could've been hung. Praise the Lord that we have made progress.

2 hours ago, Raccoonatic Ogilvie said:

Wouldn't it be tragic irony if the living victim sees justice, when the dead ones hardly ever do?

You don't have to worry about that happening since the cop who body slammed an Indian man and partially paralyzed him was acquitted too. And yes, this was on video. At this point I'm wondering what cops have to do to a civilian to actually get thrown in jail aside from going on a raping spree.

• Thumbs Up 1

5 hours ago, Dizcrybe said:

Oh yeah, this happened.

The real clincher? The guy asked the officer why he shot him. His response? "I don't know."

Well when you really think about it, it's actually his fault for getting shot. Seriously what kind of idiot would lie down on the ground with their arms up when the police tell them too. Furthermore the police had every right to shoot that man. If he was taking care of people who had disabilities well then obviously he must have had a disability himself. He could've snapped any moment and pulled out a weapon or starting beating the living hell out of that cop and the cop would've been completely defenseless. And when the patient just sat there telling him to shut up, it doesn't matter if he was autistic, it was harassment. Besides the police were getting reports of an armed man trying to shoot himself. So naturally they'd want to save that person life. That's what good upholders of the law do. That's why they were so quick to the trigger, they had to save his life. The cop saying I don't know was obviously sarcasm. Even if it wasn't it was just an honest mistake and the man was doing his job. Nobodies perfect. I'm sure that if it was a mistake he feels terrible about it. We can let him off the hook right, everybody deserves a second chance right? Innocent until proven guilty? Honestly it's so dumb how every time one of these stories pops up we always blame the cops.

Honestly Dizcrybe you really need to check your privilege and do something about your racist attitudes and cop blaming mentality.  

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm already seeing people that agree the cop was in the wrong saying he simply just needs to be fired and that's it. The caller apparently deserves all the charges. Smh