Awoo.

Police Brutality Thread

CrownSlayers Shadow

Well, I must say that I do absolutely get where the anger is coming from.

That said, I must admit that in some ways this is getting out of hand. There are some police headquarters getting hit that don't really deserve this. Heck, my city in particular wasn't one rife with police brutality or such a corrupt force.

But sadly, after a peaceful march in the city protesting the George Floyd case and many other cases, things out of no where, allegedly started by people not even from the city became an outright violent riot.

This is unfortunately the double-edged nature of the current predicament. When the actual well-meaning forces are getting caught unfairly in the crossfire.

honestly I don’t sympathize with any police departments since all police are apart of a overall corrupted institution that has oppressed for decades that rarely has instances of police holding eachother fully accountable for said corruption. The concept of a “good cop” imo does not exist when those “good” cops are either silent, or defensive until it becomes some national issue. Only then will they make sympathetic emotional posts or gestures. When all eyes are on them. The examples I posted are official police being told by higher ups to do this stuff, with ICE, National Guard, etc all in on it, and Trump is only further enabling their behavior, especially when years back he even said to “rough up thugs”. they aren’t small patches of “otherwise fine police”. It’s entire precincts in massive states with anyone that may have a problem with it staying quiet and not attempting to do anything till it’s too late. And that shit has been going on for, again, decades. Let’s not forget frisking still goes on in many places still, and it was being treated normally for the longest time. This is the inevitable end point. It always was gonna go this way if they kept pushing and didn’t  make any real effort to change. Especially when the last time BLM worked with police to make body cams a thing, shit officers just turned them off regardless and continued to do what they were doing before. So I say a couple likely insured buildings being burned down isn’t nearly as damaging, as the shit for years they’ve been doing to US citizens, by terrorizing communities, murdering people in the name of “justice”/“fear” incarcerating people on false or exaggerated charges, etc. that institution is in need of a ground up reform, or just needs to be thrown the fuck out.

But anyway, that aside, yeah, peaceful protesting is only one form of protesting. A form that often isn’t even good enough for minorities to do without being told they’re doing it wrong, so people shouldn’t really be shocked that things start to escalate when that’s proving to be ineffective.

28133E98-B6BB-4D21-BF78-6D949BA13ADC.jpeg

Edit: god there is new information and cases of police corruption almost every 5 minutes, it’s so difficult and exhausting to keep up with to share. I’m gonna take a break, but before I do that, here’s this little gem 

Are we in a fucking dystopian movie or something? 

• Thumbs Up 4

Welcome to the Fascist States of America.

Freedom to assemble? Gone.

Freedom of the press? Gone.

Freedom of speech? Gone.

• Thumbs Up 3

"Liberal" Democrat Governors pretty much unanimously calling in National Guard units to support the police now even as evidence mounts of police mishandling.

You see, now that the primaries are over, they're free to do this to people because they know they'll win most people over with "but Republicans are so much worse" come November.

• Thumbs Up 1

Seems like the police departments are finally starting to drop the hammer on some of the cops who were having just a little bit too much fun wailing on people during this. Everyone who was even in the frame of that Atlanta disaster where the two kids got tased and dragged out of the car when they were trying to get home was apparently either fired or dumped on desk duty pending investigation. The guy who made absolutely sure to neutralize the threat posed by the old man with the cane supposedly is too.

• Thumbs Up 4

32 minutes ago, Tornado said:

Seems like the police departments are finally starting to drop the hammer on some of the cops who were having just a little bit too much fun wailing on people during this. Everyone who was even in the frame of that Atlanta disaster where the two kids got tased and dragged out of the car when they were trying to get home was apparently either fired or dumped on desk duty pending investigation. The guy who made absolutely sure to neutralize the threat posed by the old man with the cane supposedly is too.

Guess we’ll have to see how long they crack down on them. I really hope this isn’t like every other time and police only do this for show as the protests are at their highest, and then once people move on, go back to business as usual. This outrage feels a lot more long lasting and impactful tho compared to previous attempts at voicing our concerns, so again, we’ll see. Maybe this will spark some long lasting needed changes to the police institutions 

• Thumbs Up 1

The store that called the police on Floyd has announced they will no longer be involving police in nonviolent incidents.

NYPD is doxxing the mayor's daughter now.

Meanwhile we're seeing politicians donating everything they received from police lobbies to bail funds, mutual aid, etc.

Police departments are quite possibly othering themselves during all this, actively intimidating the people who are supposed to be their superiors. Executives and legislators across the country should honestly pass bills to fire everyone in these departments and create new bodies that understand their place in the constitutional hierarchy.

• Thumbs Up 1

There’s something fucked up and infuriating yet funny at the same time about law officials encouraging us to peacefully protest, only to then put undercover cops in crowds to start shit, make shit eating smirks at protestors and laugh at their chants to goad them into fighting them, and send armed forces to attack crowds not doing anything wrong. Here’s an example of the latter!

These racist ass mothafuckas just lookin so red in the faces when they were exposed lololol! This was seriously therapeutic cause you just know they know what’s about to happen 

I've been watching cops openly beat the fuck out of people of all shape, size, color and age all week in the name of keeping the peace.

If this doesn't lead to police reform, nothing will. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Some police departments (and every police union) need to be straight up dissolved at this point, so irrevocably has the trust been broken, so deep and all-pervasive the corruption has become. Their abhorrent paramilitary culture of racist brotherhood superiority can't just be eliminated by firing the latest offenders to get media attention; root and branch change to recruitment, training, discipline, the existence of police unions, etc., are desperately needed.

Police officers are supposed to be exemplars of the ideal citizen, to be held to high standards, akin to those which we should be holding our politicians. But on both counts, we have allowed cultures to develop within both their ranks, since their inceptions (listen to the Dollop podcast episodes on the L.A.P.D....), that all too often lead to their being the opposite of a reasonable expectation of even basic decency.

Beyond sickening.

Okay, now this is awesome.

4 hours ago, KHCast said:

holy fuck he did NOT hold back, this is awesome 

Please tell me this whole town hall was them getting dragged on the level of this and the "I YIELD MY TIME, FUCK YOU" guy, because if so I need to consume it all.

12 hours ago, KHCast said:

holy fuck he did NOT hold back, this is awesome 

That quote at the end just spells it out; cops dehumanize non-cops and desensitize themselves to justify what they're doing. If they didn't, they would not be able to look at themselves and say what they're doing is in any way moral or right.

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/2020/06/03/politics/de-blasio-cuomo-nypd-floyd-protests/index.html

"We do not want heavily armed people who are not trained for the circumstance and not from here because that can lead to an altercation, that can lead to loss of life that would take the current crisis and make it much, much worse," he said.

But enough about the NYPD.

• Thumbs Up 3

I’m seeing people bring up this a lot lately 

101966361_3261014663918730_7704630300583

it’s an out of context statistic that doesn’t account for things like “how many of these people were innocent”, “how many of these people had weapons on them and were trying to retaliate”, etc. people that post it are trying to be disingenuous and discredit the black communities protests as “making a big deal out of nothing”. Basically, racists are primarily using it to try and create doubt regarding BLM’s honesty on the subject of police brutality towards marginalized groups.

The fuck is "unknown"? Did the cops shoot them so much that there wasn't any skin left?

• Thumbs Up 4

Possibly mixed race? I take it “other” is others races like asian, middle eastern, Native American, etc.

https://www.oregonlive.com/nation/2020/06/white-supremacist-group-posing-as-antifa-called-for-violence-online-twitter-says.html?utm_source=facebook&utm_campaign=theoregonian_sf&utm_medium=social&fbclid=IwAR0WNI3-51axk7K-pOBAWQ2aMyTrVOtZsU0V25ZYomO1Ax8FEBuETMDpXk4

White supremacists are infiltrating and posing as BLM and Antifa and stiring shit to make those groups look bad. Not surprised, but it seemed to work since the narrative has one again been turned to many to blame the protestors 

https://amp.cnn.com/cnn/us/live-news/george-floyd-protests-06-02-20/index.html

A black New York Senator was pepper sprayed and assaulted by cops. Even crazier that this isn’t the first incident in the last few days:

https://amp.theatlantic.com/amp/article/612436/

Cops really be out here abusing the heck out of their power.

It angers me to no end. They claim to protect and serve, but do the exact opposite. Also, even if there are “good” cops, they still chose to work for a corrupt system. One or two “good” cops won’t change how messed up the system is. 

This thing has completely jaded the fuck out of me when it comes to cops. I've never loved police due to my own bad experience but seeing the absolute brutality of the police in the US has just blown my mind, they don't care at all, protestors, press, on camera, off camera, whatever. They're shooting people in the fucking head with rubber bullets and gas grenades.