Awoo.

A Sonic game designed by Takashi Murakami? What do you think?

antyep

For those of you who don't know, Takashi Murakami animated Summer Wars, Digimon Our War Game, and Digimon Story Cyber Sleuth (I think). He also made wonderful gems like Superflat, a commercial in Japan.

Can you imagine his surreal designs in a Sonic game? At least for levels. The plot could be Eggman trapping Sonic and friends in some weird internet world. The zones designed by Murakami could give out some weird but wild moments.

Just saw part of Superflat. It seriously reminded me of that Digimon movie with how it was animated.

Anywho, I think it'd be cool if he designed a Sonic game. Playing safe hasn't seemed to work for the blue guy these days, so might as well go full tilt nuts.

• Thumbs Up 1

OH. MY. DOCTOR. YES!

Seriously I would by that game in a heart beat just for Murakami's amazing work. The man inspired to go pursue visual art full on and really stick to my guns as an artist. 

Wait, he animated Summer Wars and Our War Game? Don't you mean Hosoda? Just because the internet in those movies is based on Superflat visuals, doesn't mean it was Murakami doing them. Murakami is one of the biggest names in superflat (which from his point of view is arguably not a movement at all), but it doesn't mean everything that's superflat is his.

This kinda just sounds like a level.  It could be a fun thing to bring in guest visual designers for such things.  

Wait, he animated Summer Wars and Our War Game? Don't you mean Hosoda? Just because the internet in those movies is based on Superflat visuals, doesn't mean it was Murakami doing them. Murakami is one of the biggest names in superflat (which from his point of view is arguably not a movement at all), but it doesn't mean everything that's superflat is his.

...oh my god you're right. Though his work was inspired by Murakami's work, Hosoda indeed made those animes. Argh!! This is why we need to thoroughly research these things. But yes, either Murakami or Hosoda help design a Sonic game.

My mistake, people.

Not sure about an entire Sonic game being designed by Murakami, but one stage at least would be awesome to see. Murakami is one of my favourite artists, love his trippy colourful animu style stuff.

Yeah I could see some really trippy levels working in a sonic game,

maybe this could be the true sonic adventure 3, without actually calling it sonic adventure 3 because its too late for that of course.

https://www.sendspace.com/file/4mbipm

Yes, that was what was interesting about Sonic Adventure 2 is that it was partially a successor to CD in having soundtrack that was moody in various ways, similar to Jet Grind/Set.  i think a game focused on Sonic & Knuckles... or any two-four characters that worked for them... that played like the above song sounds would be very excellent. 

^__^ 

i do think that the next several games from Sonic team will surprise us. ^_^   there is a lot of potential at this point, all of the possible missteps have already been worked through.