Awoo.

We Bare Bears

Klinsy

Here's a topic so beary exciting  that I can hardly bear to tell you about it!

p11921875_b_v7_aa.jpg

So, there's three bears, not Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear, but Grizzly Bear, Panda Bear and Ice Bear, they're best friends and go on many adventures.

Oh, and they can talk too.

We Bare Bears is a series on Cartoon Network due to premiere today about these bears, it looks very adorable so I want to watch it.

What is your thoughts on this show?

Edited by Pink Cat

It's interesting, because all the cartoons that CN currently airs have left at least some kind of impression on me one way or the other before their initial airing.  But this one hasn't.  I mean, I'll give it a watch, but I'm not expecting to be entertained.  It kind of looks like a bear version of Regular Show.  Only without jokes.

I just started watching 80's Care Bears not long ago! Now I have possibly another thing to watch with my niece!

Actually just heard about it today from my sister and she showed me a few trailers and spots. Some of it was pretty funny, even if it seems like another Regular Show but with different animals. I'll probably go ahead and give it a watch, definitely looks better than the other stuff some channels are trying to put out there.

It was okay.

It's pretty much as I expected it would be.  It's not miserable to sit through, but it was pretty bland.  I didn't really laugh at the jokes, but didn't cringe at them, either.  For what it's worth, they do internet humor way better than other shows, but the competition isn't very stiff in that regard.  And that's literally about all I have to say about it.

So, I just got done watching it, I'm probably going to give the series another go, cause I loved the episode I saw.

The first of the two episodes is the better one but both were pretty good.

The artstyle is charming, the characters are likeable and some of the jokes made me laugh, some come to mind:

The fact the main character of that action movie's head is blocked by the dvd hole and  they only get a comment about spam for a free car on their video.

Given what I've seen so far, it's not too bad. I will say that "Viral Video" had some funny moments though. The art style is pretty good and I do like the characters so far. I'll have a better opinion when I see the rest of the episodes that'll be airing this week.

So I've watched four episodes so far and I think this show is pretty great. The third and fourth episodes in particular (Food Truck and Chloe) I've found to be really funny.

Good lord the bear's "edited" presentation of Chloe's Bears project had me in stitches.[\spoiler]

I feel this show has great promise. It's not nearly as obnoxious and meme-centered as the marketing would have one believe, instead it's a sweet little show about bears just trying to have a positive relationship with a world that fundamentally rejects their advances. It's like a weird amalgamation of The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, Over The Hedge, and Regular Show in terms of how sweet, animal-centric, and weird and fraternal it can be respectively. I've also been amazed at how big some of the laughs I've gotten from it. Ice Bear's bluntness is a show-stealer, but I think the huge climax in Food Truck had me rolling the most. Good stuff from CN. I hope it has some longevity.

• Thumbs Up 3

Love the show bucket loads, but that's probably because of Panda.

Panda is just so perfect. I'm kind of obsessed with him at this point to be frank. I mean look at my Cover Photo:

3f3aea05197bc714a2b4c6f3ab011de1.png

Maybe Obsessed is an understatement......

Feels like a splinter cell to regular show. And I enjoy ice bear always chipping in to things in third person.

A show starring a panda bear, polar bear and grizzly bear! What's not to like?

tumblr_n2nh1wiVw81tpf4kpo1_500.gif

What were we talking about again? Oh right, We Bare Bears!

Watched the episodes and all I can say is that it is fun, funny and downright adorable (esp. with the animation). I really liked the dynamic of the three bears and their characteristics that work well off one another along with the Regular Show feel humor. Maybe not as strong or great as Adventure Time or Steven Universe, but definitely an enjoyable good show on the level of Gumball and Clarence (or maybe somewhat in between or a few notches above them).

After watching some more episodes, this show is starting to grow on me. I like the animation, I especially love Panda, and it's both a lot of fun and has some good funny moments. I have to agree with AdventChild on We Bare Bears giving some Regular Show vibes.

• Thumbs Up 2

Really liked this one and the montage with Grizz's burrito and the catchy music and my word, that unexpected heartfelt adorable ending about why Grizz was so attached with the burrito and his backstory as a cub torpedoed me right in the feels. Now I want to know more about the bears' back stories.

Edited by AdventChild

• 3 weeks later...

Bumpies...

I liked the latest episode Jean Jacket. And according to their official Tumblr, that jacket actually exists and has an owner, that being Grizz's VA Eric Edelstein

tumblr_ntebzrZBTT1uzwf7co1_1280.png

Here's the link to the Tumblr page, it's worth looking http://wedrawbears.tumblr.com/

• Thumbs Up 5

This has actually become one of my favorite new CN shows. The kind of adorable innocence that it has about it combined with the simple premise of just three bears trying to get along is really enjoyable and I'll often find at least a couple laugh-worthy moments per episode. It's just really fun to watch.

• 2 weeks later...

Shush Ninjas is a really good episode about the trouble that arises in movie theaters such as inconsiderate patrons and annoying fans. Not to mention the idea of bear ninjas with those three is really cool. Really liked the Twilight parody with Panda and him shushing the Jared fangirls. Also, Grizz's epic and inspirational speech at the end with the montage of movie references (My favorites being Totoro and Inception):

This speech should be played before every movie from now on. Period.

The last episode was amazing and all those movie references as well (I have toto say that I cried a little when "The Sound of Music" appeared because it reminded me of how much my grandmother loved that movie.)

Also, they postes some pics of the storyboard of the episode Burrito in their Tumblr. Check it, specially the last panel cause it's priceless

wedrawbears.tumblr.con

Another thing worth checking out is the short Panda's Dream.

I'm not posting pics or vids cause I'm posting through a phone and it's a real pain with the corrector already

Edited by Ice Vec

For UK fans, I saw an ad yesterday. We Bare Bears is starting tomorrow on CN!

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer

For UK fans, I saw an ad yesterday. We Bare Bears is starting tomorrow on CN!

Yeah, been seeing the ads too.  I also watched the preview episode and I think it looks harmless enough.  It's not come across as a show I must watch, but I'll give it a go anyway.  Besides, that animation is just the gosh darndest, cutest thing on CN as of now :P

Yeah, been seeing the ads too.  I also watched the preview episode and I think it looks harmless enough.  It's not come across as a show I must watch, but I'll give it a go anyway.  Besides, that animation is just the gosh darndest, cutest thing on CN as of now :P

There was a preview episode?

Anyway, Gonna give it a watch tomorrow when it's on. Been rather excited to see how it is.

There was a preview episode?

Anyway, Gonna give it a watch tomorrow when it's on. Been rather excited to see how it is.

Yeah, it was on a few days ago.  Last week I think, but yeah I'm interested in seeing this, but I can't help but think it would be better if the characters were Ursaring, Beartic and Pangoro from Pokémon :P

I find My Clique to be a very funny episode and continues the continuity train by bringing back Chloe. This episode had me laughing and smiling through out from Chloe taking the bears' advice to the Grown Up party at the end. Also, Ice Bear further continues to be Boss with his charades skills, fighting moves as he kicks the training dummy's head off along with "All of Ice Bear friends are future enemies" (back story related perhaps?) to speaking fluent Korean to busting out dancing during the party.

Speaking of Korean, during the scene where they introduced her parents, it took me about a minute to realize that the mom's VA is the same as Lady Rainicorn/BMO's from Adventure Time. And then soon after this happened:

:D

Edited by AdventChild

I yet have to watch the episode. But in the meantime, look what they posted on their Tumblr

tumblr_nuhaupOItp1s4osc1o1_1280.jpg

I'm sorry, but that axe doesn't exactly screams "cute" :P