Awoo.

Chao Garden Online

GreggSchaffter

Well, it has been two years since I began developing it(and then stopped working on it because of college).

poster.png

I am finally developing it again. Chao Garden Online. I am developing it in Unity 3D and it will be a browser-based game, which will get rid of compatibility issues. However, I will try to release for specific platforms for those who do not have browsers capable of WebGL or are having problems loading it in the web browser version.

Basically, there will the personal Chao Garden, where people will raise their Chao(s), and then there will be the world garden, which will allow people to interact with each online. However, the world garden will not be required to interact as there will be other ways, such as visiting other people's gardens to play minigames with each other and raise your Chao's.

It isn't released yet, but the above picture is an image from the development phase of Chao Garden Online. Just wanted to announce that I am finally working on the project again, and in a more viable engine.

• Thumbs Up 4

will it have chao karate and chao race?

Yes it will. It will have all the games that existed in the Sonic Adventures 2 and Sonic Adventure DX.

Interesting.

How similar will it function in comparison to to the Adventures Chao Garden? And you talk about visiting other gardens, is that reflected by character avatars? if so, what do they look like?

Jesus man, you're gonna murder someone's eyes with all that bloom. Might wanna tone that down. Like, a lot.

• Thumbs Up 2

Interesting.

How similar will it function in comparison to to the Adventures Chao Garden? And you talk about visiting other gardens, is that reflected by character avatars? if so, what do they look like?

While I am not going to release any other images at  the moment, they are going to look like regular sonic characters that you can customize with different features. 

Jesus man, you're gonna murder someone's eyes with all that bloom. Might wanna tone that down. Like, a lot.

Will do. :P

• Thumbs Up 1

Did you ever post this on a forum called Chao Talk? Something about this seems familiar, but then again in the Chao communities a ton of "I'm working on a Chao game!" posts come up and fall to the wayside to never be heard of again, so I might be thinking of another individual, haha. However by having a screenshot you're way ahead of almost every other one I've seen! Which is to say I am very excited by the sounds of this.

Did you ever post this on a forum called Chao Talk? Something about this seems familiar, but then again in the Chao communities a ton of "I'm working on a Chao game!" posts come up and fall to the wayside to never be heard of again, so I might be thinking of another individual, haha. However by having a screenshot you're way ahead of almost every other one I've seen! Which is to say I am very excited by the sounds of this.

I haven't heard of Chao talk, but I did apparently make it into the tssznews:

http://www.tssznews.com/2013/03/13/fan-made-online-chao-garden-in-the-works/

Which is actually what inspired me to continue the project from two years ago, except working with a different engine. I know it has been 2 years, but I hope this revives the project. I think this one will continue to be developed.

I was always a fan of Chao Garden, which is why I wanted to work on the project in the first place, but college got in the way of things and decided to wait till I had a steady life till I could get working on it. Now that it has subsided mostly, I am continuing progress on something I loved. Hopefully people feel the same sentiment.

Once I get the development ahead of the ball curve, I will be posting video developments showing progress.

Edited by GreggSchaffter
  • Thumbs Up 1

While I am not going to release any other images at  the moment, they are going to look like regular sonic characters that you can customize with different features. 

Will do. :P

Hope there's Eggman, to add a little variety to the heavily dominated furry-world. Unless you simply meant "like Sonic characters, but none of the official ones.." In that case, I would really like the Pixar-esque humans. I would more than likely choose the human avatar, just dress him up in an Eggman jacket, though may change the color of it.

When a game allows customization of character, I like to have as many options as possible.

• Thumbs Up 1

so you are going to have both version's of chao race? SA2b's chao race, and SADX's chao race were completely different.

so you are going to have both version's of chao race? SA2b's chao race, and SADX's chao race were completely different.

It isn't going to be a complete rip off of the original games. It most likely is going to be a mix of the two with various differences.

It isn't going to be a complete rip off of the original games. It most likely is going to be a mix of the two with various differences.

then don't go with SADX's at all. Other than the way the tracks look. SA2B's better in terms of gameplay. SADX's was just........ omg....

• Thumbs Up 1

I'll be first in line to play this. I have always wanted to see this come to fruition ever since I was a kid during the Sonic Adventure/Dreamcast days. Please let me know when/where I can download this when you are done!

Edited by GOAT

the only real problem I see with this is though..... are you going to make a new chao garden engine completely? Because remember, the way to raise your chao was to go kick butt through action stages in sonic adventure, and go through multiple levels in SA2.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, soniaX said:

So are you still working on this?

GreggSchaffter hasn't been online since 2015, so you aren't likely to get an answer.

• 3 years later...