Awoo.

Circular style avatars, permanent?

goku262002

Are these circular style avatars that came with the board upgrade permanent? I'm hoping not I would like our old avatar sizes back without the circular boarder.

Change your theme to Sonical.

So I have to change my theme to something I don't want to see/use in order to get my avatar back to what it was?

That seems kind of unfair, I like IPB skin it shouldn't be feature restricted.

EDIT: okay I tested it. even so, were still stuck with the same sized avatars, just without the circular boarder. I'm hoping that the size restriction can be updated to what it once was.

So I have to change my theme to something I don't want to see/use in order to get my avatar back to what it was?
That seems kind of unfair, I like IPB skin it shouldn't be feature restricted.

EDIT: okay I tested it. even so, were still stuck with the same sized avatars, just without the circular boarder. I'm hoping that the size restriction can be updated to what it once was.

The size restriction is a oddity of the switchover to the new boards - I assume you haven't changed your avatar since before the update?  Mine had been shrunk down at first too - reupload your avatar and the board will recognise the correct sizing.  The only quirk to it now (if I recall) is that your avatar HAS to be square for it to display at the maximum possible size.  Unlike the pre-update board, avatars that are longer than they are wide will just mean the board forces you to crop it down to a square anyway.

Okay so our avatar size limit is still 250x250 then?

Edited by goku262002

Not to sound blunt, but is there a reason you're using not-Sonical? I wasn't aware the default IPB skin was even selectable to be honest (probably shouldn't be, it makes no sense). Either way, we're not going to modify or update the standard IPB theme as it's not a TSS/SSMB design, so it's all a bit redundant really.

I think a decision was made a long time ago that the staff would be keeping the default IPB theme for those who preferred that skin and wanted something that didn't have Sonic plastered all over it (thereby making it a little easier to browse in public).  I'm assuming that was a carry-over from that decision.

This is an extremely basic userstyle script to get rid of the round borders on the ipb theme:

https://userstyles.org/styles/117107/ssmb-no-more-round

If you download stylish and install this it should work. It makes topic avatars slightly bigger tooo. totally not an official ssmb thing tho

i made this for you goku

Edited by Remy
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not to sound blunt, but is there a reason you're using not-Sonical? I wasn't aware the default IPB skin was even selectable to be honest (probably shouldn't be, it makes no sense). Either way, we're not going to modify or update the standard IPB theme as it's not a TSS/SSMB design, so it's all a bit redundant really.

What Tara said basically, I like this place but why do I have to have sonic plastered over everything? not only that but theirs some button changes you guys made to Sonical that I don't like but overall I like IPB skin but it sounds like your digging your heels in and IPB skin won't get anymore changes compared to sonical. whatever then.

This is an extremely basic userstyle script to get rid of the round borders on the ipb theme:

https://userstyles.org/styles/117107/ssmb-no-more-round

If you download stylish and install this it should work. It makes topic avatars slightly bigger tooo. totally not an official ssmb thing tho

i made this for you goku

Wow awesome! thank you soo much Remy!! man I hope more fixes can be made like this in the future.

but it sounds like your digging your heels in and IPB skin won't get anymore changes compared to sonical. whatever then.

That's completely correct. The theme is available as an option but not something we support, though honestly it shouldn't be at this point as the reasoning for having it there isn't the case now (alternative to deep colours/less buggy skin at the time since we were several forum updates in).

It's probably not going to stay available once more skins are added back. The new Sonical (default) is very similar to the IBS base.

why do I have to have sonic plastered over everything?

This is a Sonic the Hedgehog fansite. It's not called The Invision Power Board Stadium.

That's completely correct. The theme is available as an option but not something we support, though honestly it shouldn't be at this point as the reasoning for having it there isn't the case now (alternative to deep colours/less buggy skin at the time since we were several forum updates in).

It's probably not going to stay available once more skins are added back. The new Sonical (default) is very similar to the IBS base.

Thats a shame, its not really hurting anything by keeping the regular IPB skin unless its somehow causing the other skins to currupt somehow, I know its similar but their just allot of little changes to sonical that I don't like that IPB doesn't have, so I'm pretty comfortable with it. its clean, neat, easy to use on my ipad if I don't want to use the mobile version skin, and doesn't have that gigantic sonic stadium banner. unless its a huge security flaw to keep IPB skin activated, I wouldn't go through the trouble of removing something that doesn't seem to be bothering anyone.

This is a Sonic the Hedgehog fansite. It's not called The Invision Power Board Stadium.

I understand that, but there are allot of little changes that were made to Sonical that make it a overall unpleasent skin to use. I really didn't think it would bother you this bad Dreadknux that you found out somebody isn't using Sonical, I'm not knocking Sonical in anyway I just prefer IPB is all.

I'm not particularly bothered if you prefer the standard IPS skin. More confused that you prefer it but that's neither here or there.

What I'm trying to say, is that it's kind of redundant to be asking for minor aesthetic changes in a skin we don't actively work on and have no intention of supporting. It takes time away from improving the actual Sonic-themed skins we have here.

pleaseunderstand.jpg

Love Power, Love the Invasion Power Board Stadium.

Glory to Dreadknuxasta.

I'm not particularly bothered if you prefer the standard IPS skin. More confused that you prefer it but that's neither here or there.

What I'm trying to say, is that it's kind of redundant to be asking for minor aesthetic changes in a skin we don't actively work on and have no intention of supporting. It takes time away from improving the actual Sonic-themed skins we have here.

pleaseunderstand.jpg

Thats fine, just if you don't mind leave IPB where it is. Remy already (sort of) soft-fixed my problem and I really had no other complaints about IPB skin. unless some mind-blowing changes happen here in the future and its only restricted to sonical I think I'll be good here.

But, if you could, add the old IPB TSS banner from the old IPB skin that'd be pretty cool but thats all I ask.