Awoo.

.The Namco Museum AKA the classic Namco games topic

Klinsy

So, Namco is a pretty big name in the gaming industry, having series such as Tales, Ridge Racer, Tekken, Klonoa, Katamari, Soul Caliber, Dig Dug/Mr Driller, Galaga. Xevious and Taiko Drum Maser.

But Namco is company with a long history, so I made this topic to discuss some classics.

Mappy

Mappy is a pretty charming game but it's really difficult and you have to smart about it, use the doors to the advantages, collect stuff and avoid evil cats.

But I like the most about it is the character designs, take a look:

tumblr_n55271iAjd1qarrk2o8_1280.jpg

They're so cute, especially the Meowkies.

Bravoman and Wonder Momo:

These two are brother and sister game respectively, they are both beat em ups with a superhero theme.

If I have to say which was the better of the two games, I say Bravoman, better gameplay and more unique bizarre tone, still like Momo though.

Sky Kid:

Now, this is a cool game, you're birds but you're flying a plane, how cool is that?

Gameplay is a blast too though a bit difficult, I really like the characters in it and their designs, they got the pilot feel nailed down :

tumblr_mmez3lLfC21s99uvdo7_1280.png

tumblr_mmez3lLfC21s99uvdo6_1280.png

The Legend of Valkyrie

Now, this is something I wished became more of a big name series.

The gameplay is fun with nice combat and challenges, the world has a creative feel to it and use of mythology is nice.

I'm glad Val is still showing up in places, looking forward to seeing her in PXZ2.

There is more I didn't get to like Galixain, Rally-X and Splatterhouse, but there is just so much to talk about, Namco has an interesting history, so do you have any classic Namco game to talk about?

Edited by Pink Cat
  • Thumbs Up 2

Um... Excuse me but why is there no mention of Namco's biggest creation Pacman????????

Also I like Mappy but it's kind of a clone to Flicky on the Genesis. Or Flicky is a Mappy clone. Which ever came second is the clone.