Awoo.

Tomazo art topic

sonicDX

Hello!

It is almost Easter! Let me wish a very Happy and Peaceful Easter to all of you with this paper-pencil drawing! Make sure to spend a lot of time with your family, friends and loved ones! I hope you will find some chocolate eggs as well! :)

MLo5ksQ.jpg?1

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 2

Haha, what a fun pic! :) I love the bunny-eared chao and the scene with Knuckles and Rouge. I also like how Shadow's smiling with a happy chao on his head. He may be dark and brooding, but perhaps he has a soft spot for chao, just like how he has that dark chao buddy in a lot of Sonic Channel wallpaper.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Haha, what a fun pic! :) I love the bunny-eared chao and the scene with Knuckles and Rouge. I also like how Shadow's smiling with a happy chao on his head. He may be dark and brooding, but perhaps he has a soft spot for chao, just like how he has that dark chao buddy in a lot of Sonic Channel wallpaper.

Thank you! Yes, I thought to make Shadow happy on this picture, since it's a holiday drawing, and to show that he can be kind in the depths of his soul. :)

Hello there!

I hope you had a very happy and peaceful Easter holiday, spent with your loved ones! :) But I think most of us has also heard the horrible situation that happened to @Mikyeong, and I would like to wish very fast recovery to herself and her family this way again. -_-

I have finally finished the first Tails Practise Page, I hope you will like it! On this page, I was especially focusing on expressing the emotions of Tails, following his identity, and to bring more life into him. The next practise subject will be Knuckles! Please tell me your opinion, and stay tuned for the next artwork! Thank you! :)

Tails PP1.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Hey there! I hope you all are doing well!

I have finished the Practise Page of Knuckles, and I am really satisfied with the finished sketches. I am also glad because I could make this Practise Page faster than the other ones, and it was really fun to draw it. I focused on physical movements this time, and I hope you like it! Please leave your feedback or suggestions in a comment, it means a lot to me! Thank you! :)

Have a nice day/night! ^_^

Knuckles PP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

8 minutes ago, TheRatchetFanBoy said:

Your drawing of Knuckles looks very good, It looks like you've put a lot of effort into it. Which is an awesome thing, good job! ;)

Thank you very much for your feedback and continued support, I am very glad you like it! ^_^

• Thumbs Up 1

12 minutes ago, TheRatchetFanBoy said:

Why, you're welcome! I always love to support people on what they love to do.

That is a really kind a valuable virtue! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Coolness, you're getting pretty good at these sketches! :) Some of them even remind me of art in the Sonic comics. Your Knuckleses are especially solid. Good work!

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Coolness, you're getting pretty good at these sketches! :) Some of them even remind me of art in the Sonic comics. Your Knuckleses are especially solid. Good work!

Thank you so much for your feedback! I really appreciate it and it means a lot to me! :) Sonic comics, you say... to be honest, I am trying to learn technics from the Sonic comics! And after I have finished the Practise Pages, I plan to make comics! I am really glad you like my art and follow my activity, thanks again! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello!

Now I have finished the Practise Pages of Sonic, Tails and Knuckles, I made a colour test of Team Sonic! My goal was to investigate what colours and effects can I do with simple pencils. I think I managed to reach my goal! I hope you like it too! :)

Next time, we will go pink with some more Practise Pages! Who can be the next character? :o

TS ColorTest.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

I love using colored pencils myself! Looks like you've gotten a pretty nice effect with them. Also, that Tails pose is super adorable.

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

I love using colored pencils myself! Looks like you've gotten a pretty nice effect with them. Also, that Tails pose is super adorable.

Thanks, I am glad you like them! I am also surprised about how good the effects became. I'm not praising myself, I meant it looks great in my opinion, although I thought pencil drawings would have a bad quality, even scanned. This is good news! :)

Hi!

When I said 'We will go pink on the next Practise Page' in the previous post, I was wrong, because I forgot that I make these sketches without colours. So here comes Amy Rose, the hammer-swinging heroine, who never leaves her friends in the need of help! She can be kind, but don't make her angry, because that hammer can hurt! :blink:

I hope you like these sketches, and please don't forget to leave your feedback for the poor artist... tell me your thoughts concerning this Practise Page! Next time, we will have a quite dark look on everything. :)

See you around!

Amy PP.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Hey there!

I have made the final decision for my first Sonic comic, and I have already started making concept art for it. However, this doesn't mean that I will stop making Practise Pages, I can't practise enough! I am writing down a few details about the comic, more coming soon!

It's title will be Sonic Airspin. It is based on a sport called Ultimate, which is a teamwork based sport, where the players play with a flying disc. The comic will be like a Sonic spin-off, inspired by games like Sonic The Hedgehog Golf, Sonic Riders and other sport/party spin-offs of the Sonic franchise. The characters will have new designs (don't worry, not as bad as Boom) inspired by Sonic Riders. It will be a traditional black-and-white comic made with a lead pencil on paper. I plan to start the comic soon.

You can read more about the sport Ultimate here.

Released Concept Art:

AirSpin CA1.jpg

Have a nice day! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, TheSilverFanBoy said:

How exciting, I'd absolutely love to read your comic when it's all done! I'm looking forward to more art from you, buddy! 

Thank you, I will do my best and it is awesome to have a supporting friend! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello!

I brought new concept art for the Sonic Airspin Comic project! I have been practising drawing the new designs of the characters. I hope you will like it! :)

AirSpin CA2.jpg

Edited by SonicDX

Your new designs are looking good! I also like how you're imitating Tracey Yardley's art style.

• Thumbs Up 1

18 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

Your new designs are looking good! I also like how you're imitating Tracey Yardley's art style.

Oh, how did you find out that my exemplar is Tracy Yardley? I really love his art style, and I am trying to create my own by learning his techniques and combining them with mine. And thanks for your support, I am glad you like the new designs, I hope you will like the comic as well! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone who have followed this topic,

I have something to announce. To take it short and simple: I won't make the Sonic Airspin comic; or I could say I won't make Sonic art anymore, at least not soon. Nothing bad has happened to me, I have just realized that making Sonic fanart is 'just' a way to practise drawing, but I won't really get further with doing it. I am seriously interested in arts, and I think it is not only about drawing cartoon hedgehogs, which are even not my idea. Even though, I could say that this announcement is a good repute, because I will make 'more advanced' and own art from now, which is not the copying of an existing franchise and idea.

To put it clear: I will start my own comic series, which has no relation to Sonic the Hedgehog, so it would be pointless to post those works in this topic. I also think my activity will lower on this forum either.

For you who have supported and inspired me a lot, @SilverFB and @Monkey Destruction Switch, I would like to really thank you for your supporting words, they mean a lot to me, and I found great friends while sharing my artwork here! Thank you very much! :)

Okay, this post is getting too touchy, and I won't leave SSMB, only this topic, so I'll stop typing here. :P If anyone is interested in my future works, please check my DeviantArt account! Thank You again! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

For the record, posting non-Sonic related artwork in the Showcase is 100% fine! It's OK if you decide to stop posting here, but you don't have to just because you're not interested in making Sonic fan art anymore. ^-^

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2016. 05. 03. at 1:02 AM, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

For the record, posting non-Sonic related artwork in the Showcase is 100% fine! It's OK if you decide to stop posting here, but you don't have to just because you're not interested in making Sonic fan art anymore. ^-^

Okay, I think I will use this topic to share future artwork then! :)

• Thumbs Up 1

Hello!

So now I have decided to stop making Sonic fan art, I would like to introduce my comic project, Feine The Cat! Since this forum has a nice community, I thought to share my works here too, but I won't release many details, since I can only post sketches and composition art about this project for now. So I would like to hear your opinions or suggestions about it, and I hope you will like it! :)

Sketches about possible character designs for the comic:

feine_the_cat___character_sketches_by_ex

Emotions and poses of Feine, the main character:

Feine is the founder of the Sunset Squad, the team that is fighting against the Darklings and their leader, Albian. Feine is the main character in the comics series, and the reader sometimes can read his thoughts. Feine is quite shy and even wordless, and he is trying to always make the right decision. He wishes to make good things, silently, respecting the different opinions of other people. Feine is an ideal main character; he tries to look like he is determined and strong, but he is often unsure, and has many questions inside his head.

feine_the_cat___concept_art_by_expressio

Edited by SonicDX
Added some information about Feine.
  • Thumbs Up 5

So cool! Feine has a really cute design and I love that robot! I'm so glad you decided to share and am excited to see more. :)

• Thumbs Up 1

17 hours ago, Monkey Destruction Switch said:

So cool! Feine has a really cute design and I love that robot! I'm so glad you decided to share and am excited to see more. :)

Wow, thank you, I am really happy you like it! ^_^ I was a bit unsure if sharing non-Sonic artwork is alright, but I am glad I can share them here as well! I have been dealing with arts more seriously recently, I went to comic cons, met artists and talked with them, and I realized that I want to do much more than simple fanart, I would like to create my own characters, worlds and stories, sharing love and other feelings. I also decided to stick with mostly traditional drawing techniques (in pencilling and inking), using possibly less digital work, only for colouring and other things. I think the digital methods can't replace the traditional ones, for example I enjoy drawing into my sketchbook in the garden way better than sitting in front of a computer with a graphical tablet.

But I got too deep into it, excuse me! ^_^ Let me thank you again for your continued support, I really appreciate that you still like and follow my artwork! :)

As a new important character is introduced as Feine's friend, meet Georg (yes, I didn't forget that an 'e' is missing)! Being a bit casual and unperceptive, but having a great heart, he always lightens up the situation with his punky style and (sometimes black) humor! You are interetsed how? Stay tuned! ;)

georg_the_cat___concept_art_by_expressio

P.S.: If you are seriously interested in this comic project, please visit my DeviantArt account more regular, because I am announcing more details, and/or earlier than on SSMB, since dA is my primary account! Thank you for understanding! :)

Edited by SonicDX
  • Thumbs Up 4