Awoo.

I am So Emotionally Exhausted

The Conductor

Hmmm...now I don't mingle alot on these forums but the people I do talk too will know that I am a fairly kind and emotional person (tooting my own horn but bear with me). Recently I am just feeling so tired and I just don't care about any thing, nothing really gets me excited and jumpy and I just feel like I am done and that if I died tomorrow I wouldn't mind...which is worrying 'cause I am only sixteen...

And it is making me feel isolated (which I will admit is largely my own fault) and it is in turn making me feel suspicious of people.

So have any of you had problems like this?

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Mollfie

• The Conductor

• CapnCloudchaser

• Double Agent Motobug

Yeah, this happened to me last year (so, at your age). It's just something I figure we go through in our lives... The way I got out of it, was to find something I was really interested in before, and get back to it. In my case, I got back into a certain style of music, and tried making my own music again, which actually turned out for once.

As for isolated....yeah, I know that feeling too, but I haven't found a cure for mine just yet, so I'll keep looking.

With your age you could always focus on schoolwork. Try to find a college you could go into, work on getting your grades up higher/or the same, and look for a program of study you could go into! :3 Once you have a goal set for the long run you will work hard knowing that it'll make your life better once you finish it.

Also, see if you could join a sports team or something. School's there to help you, unlike what other people think otherwise. :P

My problem is like yours but I found out it's the internet for me. XD Being an admin and all the internet has to offer I found it hard to seperate from the computer. Somedays you just have to set limits on what you know what the problem is so it won't keep on persisting. Hope any of this helps ya comrade! : )

Edited by Aokiji

I think everyone goes through this sort of feeling at some point, you just have to work through it. If you're feeling really bad then I'd advise talking to a professional about it, they might be able to offer you more advice and help (also it's completely confidential).

My issue is that I get depressed pretty easily, however nowadays I know how to deal with it before it can get a hold. So I do understand how you feel. If you ever want to chat feel free to PM/AIM/MSN me.

Do you really feel like this ALL the time? At the age of 13-20 or so everyone gets bucketloads of teenage angst. It's just a phase you go through - things WILL get better.

The important thing is to do things you love... and I mean REALLY love. These will either cheer you up, or if you still feel bored and uninterested during these activities, you should definately start thinking about getting help, even if only on a personal level (talking to friends or online friends etc). Being bored and uninterested in life with even your most loved pasttimes can be a key sign of clinical depression, which IS considered a mental illness.

Don't meant to sound too doom and gloom there, but I just wanted to pinpoint it's seriousness while you still have the sensibility to be vigilant against your sadness enough to make a post here about it. =)

Hope things can get better for you soon.

Sadly because everyone is different we all have different coping mechanisms. Now I am 21 and I am a fairly laid back individual but recently I have felt fairly similar when I get fed up I tend to find it is me doing too much of the one thing. So. I break my routine, for example I was fed up with the internet so instead of being online as often as I am I go offline play some computer games, watch some films, go to the cinema, you know I just mix it up a little and it takes away my drained feeling.

Perhaps you are just sick of the routine? Try giving it a shuffle and it may help you out.

Just recently Cap'n.

Also thank you all for the advice - I do currently attend regular therapy after two failed suicide attemps so during my next session I will bring this up.

I still suggest that if this is something that's been going on a long time then bring it up with you psyc.

I hope things improve, I'm always around if you want to chat with someone whose been through it too.

Edited by Mollfie

Just recently Cap'n.

Also thank you all for the advice - I do currently attend regular therapy after two failed suicide attemps so during my next session I will bring this up.

Has this happened before then, or have your attempts been recent? :\

Also, long term depression tends to last longer than a few weeks, in which case it could be chemical, so anti-depressants or more natural remedies could be helpful. But if you're in therapy for other reasons, it could be a psychological manifestation of your mood? Either way, exercise can be really helpful.

I believe just doing things you love would feel better. If I get depressed, I just play one of my favorite games, watch a good movie, or talk to my closest friends.

If that doesn't work, then I can't help you there. I doubt playing Sonic 1 destroys any suicide thoughts.

I'm not helpful.

I think if you didn't die then any suicide attempts are successful, because you're still alive.

My feelings of isolation are usually helped by people that understand me. I have a few friends that can take my mind off anything I might be worried about, and help me maintain my sanity when things look grim. They don't even know they do it, but since I can tell them anything they've always been there to help. If you have anyone like that, spend time with them.

I think life goes through up and down cycles. Nothing mystical, just sometimes I'm down on luck and sometimes I couldn't be luckier. Even when I'm feeling shitty and can't do anything to change my situation, I try to tell myself that I'm still alive and things will look up. They always do, in a matter of time. I believe whatever doesn't kill me only serves to make me better.

Edited by Badnikz

Badnikz shares my view on how you automatically some days will feel really happy, while others you simply start feeling down and how nothing is fun, and how such days sometimes may become weeks and months.

It is tough. I have been through something similar before, it can also be quite unhealthy. I think that one huge cure for this can be to hang out with some friends, spending a lot of time with them. Another thing to try out would be to grab a game which you used to play on ie. Sega or Super Nintendo, which you used to love a lot when you were younger (those games are now downloadable). That may help you enter the same joy and mood as you had when playing them earlier, or at least making you feel a little better.

Despite you maybe feeling that contacting some friends or start playing a game will be sooo boring, or you just feel that you won't enjoy it at all at the moment, particularly if you have not played that game so often recently, just do it. It might not work for you, but it is definitely worthy a try: I keep thinking that I simply am not in the mood to play any game at all. Although, once I just force myself to simply start playing the game for five minutes, I at once notice that this is actually really much more fun than I remembered it would be. If you are down or not feeling like doing anything, you may often simply 'forget', no matter how hard you try to see the fun in a game, how fun it is to play it.

Yeah, maybe a little silly post, but I think it could help you out, as it does with me occasionally. Good luck. :)

^ I do find that sometimes forcing yourself to do something, even if you don't want to, does you alot fo good because you start to enjoy it after a bit. It's like you forget how fun something is until you try it again.

Dude, I know what your going through. I also understand your suicidal feelings, but I know suicide is bullshit, you'll get out of it. Also why have you been feeling isolated, How?

Umm... I'm also curious if you're getting like this over girl. Kinda hard for me to explain...