Awoo.

The "Name Something That You Actually Enjoyed About Sonic Recently" Topic

Tara

Discovering this forum has been really awesome c: And I listened to Cash Cash's remix of Open Your Heart for the first time in ages, which really made me smile. Beautiful remix.

Sega teamed up with Cook & Becker  and out came this official art print by Paul Veer. I don't know all the details but you can read more about it on Sonic Retro. Here's the image.

SEGA_Sonic-the-Hedgehog-Paul-Veer.jpg

And it's absolutely beautiful.

Wait, is that Classic Sonic ? What is Sega up to now.....

• 1 month later...

Sonic CD's Sonic design is AWESOME! I love the balance of cuteness and maturity, it might just be the coolest looking Sonic design. One of my favorite looks for him, without a doubt.

516x361xsoniccddvd2.jpg.pagespeed.ic.V_S

Definitely a depressing song lol, to the point I even forget it's a piece of music from a Sonic game, but good lord does that not make it any less beautiful.

Secret Rings has an under rated soundtrack, in all honesty. I still haven't played it, but Runblebee was a good pick for the main music band, and having veteran Steve Conte sing this song makes it all the more (bitter)sweet.

Edited by Chaos Incarnate
  • Thumbs Up 1

Any time I see some new Archie Sonic artwork done by Tyson Hesse, it makes my entire day.

• Thumbs Up 3

Today, I watched a bit of episodes of Sonic Boom on YouTube. I got to say the show is pretty entertaining and funny, I find Knuckles to be the funniest out of all the main characters. Because he reminds me of characters like Patrick Star and Cosmo who are not that bright, but they give the viewer a good laugh! The humour in this show is pretty good, I laughed at the jokes the characters made or references the characters made from other TV series. I found almost all the characters including the new ones to be really well written, I really like Dave The Intern, I think he's a pretty good character/villain!

Finally I recommend Sonic Boom to anyone who likes cartoons or is just a big Sonicfan! Sonic Boom is a great show! :)

Edited by Guest
  • Thumbs Up 3

Yesterday, I played some SA2B multiplayer with my sister, and at one point I got a Speed Up special move and a Speed Boost box at the same time...I certainly enjoyed that c:

• Thumbs Up 3

Oh, I meant to post this. I seen the Facebook page post this the other day, I flipped out! c:

TuadLiZ.jpg 

Making a Sonic nostalgia party is always a great fun!

Last New Year's Eve I closed myself in my room, went absolutely offline, and picked my Sonic Mega Collection Plus disc... Then I played all the memorable Sonic games, such as the classic games, Adventure, Adventure 2, Heroes, Generations and All-Stars Racing (I don't have a console, so I play on PC). This technique is especially effective when you see what Sonic is turning into recently, and you feel like your childhood is being ruined by its own creators.

Also, I love to rewatch my Sonic Underground DVD, and watch Sonic X epsidoes. Taking my old Sonic toys out from the depths of a toy box is also a lovely minute. :") So when I feel like 'SEGA, why are you doing this with Sonic?', then I make a nostalgia party to chill myself, and believe in hope! :)

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm enjoying going through all the pathways in Shadow the Hedgehog. I almost have all of them. At times I even go through pathways I have already done, because some of the pathways I quite enjoy, such as 'together with Maria', and I enjoy going through all 71 missions/bosses without using stage select.

I have really grown to love Sonic Colors. Personally I think it is one of their best. I've seen a lot of talk that people arn't impressed with the new games, but I still like them. Plus we have give SEGA credit for coming out with 24 years worth of Sonic games and TV shows. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I replayed Generations today, it was rather emotional.

Somehow I felt so pulled in that SEGA did so many things right and I felt it was bizzare that they left everything, but maybe that's for another topic.

It felt so beautiful, a trip made by love for people who love the franchise. The small details, the great improvements to stages, the visual fidelity, the music. Really want another game on this quality at least. And well, if that never happens, that was such a lovely signoff, that I don't think I'll feel incomplete.

Oh and I'm real excited for Lost World on PC! I was so hyped for the game and was pretty sad about the reception but hey, I'll have my own thoughts about it soon :)

Its fun to play SA2 all over on Dreamcast after I beat it several times on GCN, I can appreciate the differences and play Chao Adventure even! (Chao Adventure is...kinda boring, though) I wish I had a second controller so I could try out two player by myself. >_>;

• Thumbs Up 1

We were allowed to dress up at my work on Halloween, I went as Sonic. It was really fun, gave me a good feeling in my heart to be one of many to represent the blue blur. Also found this awesome cover of "Reach for the Stars" by this girl on YouTube! Listen to it, you won't regret it. c:

We were allowed to dress up at my work on Halloween, I went as Sonic. It was really fun, gave me a good feeling in my heart to be one of many to represent the blue blur. Also found this awesome cover of "Reach for the Stars" by this girl on YouTube! Listen to it, you won't regret it. c:

Oh xTrickyWolfy, I love her work. She's been around for quite a long time actually, I think even VizardJeffhog did an interview of her a year or so back. But yeah, love her stuff. Her Emerald Beach rendition is awesome!

• Thumbs Up 1

I get so much enjoyment just going back and reading up on development of all the games in the series on sites like Retro, it just relaxes me and takes me back to what I did when I first fell deep into the Sonic series, learning as much history about the franchise as I could, even to the point of being able to lecture people about it, even if they don't really care. ^^;

• Thumbs Up 1

Along with the natural joy that comes to me seeing a new episode of Sonic Boom on TV, I also gave this classic tune a listening to last night for about..2 hours on repeat.

• Thumbs Up 3

After looking at Federation starships on Deviant Art recently. I looked at Sonic characters that was very enjoyable to see people's interpretations of Sonic and his friends.

When sonic boom started on Cartoon Network I recorded them and still have some of them on the Sky box. I look forward to new episodes in the future.

I enjoy my First4figures Sonic figures they are very good quality and great to look at.

Edited by Marmitecashews

• 2 weeks later...

Not only do I speak highly and often of Sonic at my workplace, but I also got the opportunity to dress up as him for Halloween recently!

With that being said, one of my managers for some reason told their son (who also happens to be a big fan of Sonic) that I loved Sonic, and he drew me a picture.

This kid, someone I don't even know, drew me a picture of Sonic. He's only 10, and he's actually pretty good!

ImlMYUR.jpg?1 

It melted my heart, and I can't say I completely understand why. I don't even know this kid, but I guess he was just happy to draw me a photo of Sonic! I'm keeping it in my memory box, along with all my other Sonic stuff. c:

I edited the picture to take out names and stuff like that, I'm sure you can tell.

• Thumbs Up 4

After finding a guide to tell me the order to read everything in, I've been absolutely eating up all of the old Archie comics lately. Although I'm not about to jump to their defense and say that they're really... like, good, I've been enjoying them a ton despite that. Maybe it's just because I've been starved for new Sonic stuff, but reading through all of these stories I haven't been able to experience before has been lovely.

Plus, some of the early art is just silly, and I'm actually probably gonna be a little sad when it starts to improve.

2222.thumb.png.c5d94e6780261efc6c542c985

Outside of that, I've also been catching up on the current Archie comics. Gosh, they are legitimately incredible. Ian Flynn's ability to pull together all of these elements from various Sonic media and tie them together in a way that makes sense is amazing.

CLKS6ByWIAADG5Z.thumb.png.7ce1d94664afae

They even remembered this guy?! From Spinball? It's the little stuff like this that makes me the happiest.

• Thumbs Up 5

Right now, the comics are my primary means of enjoying Sonic. I actually got back into it earlier this year after having not read a comic in years.

I don't collect the single issues though, just the trade paperbacks. So unfortunately I've found myself having to deal with Archie's obscene delays. But what I have read so far, I'm really enjoying. I've got all of the available Archives, Sonic the Beginning, Saga series, the post reboot trades, and most of Sonic Select and Universe. I'll admit not all of it's great, anything involving that Skunk, or pre Flynn Knuckles is kind of a chore to read through.

I probably shouldn't be excited about this considering the delays, but Archives is approaching the point of the comics where I jumped in at issue #110, and I can't wait to get back to that point. I really loved that particular story even though it was such a simple one.

Collecting these Sonic trades has actually sparked me to get back into collecting comics in general. I even had a book shelf built last month.

Something unrelated to the comics that I've enjoyed is the Sonic Boom show, which a friend of mine watched with me. I consider that an achievement because it's like pulling teeth to get this particular friend to watch anything that isn't a youtube letsplay. I bond with people by watching things with I like with them, and Sonic happens to be responsible for us being friends in the first place so it was kind of a special moment to me since he's distanced himself from the Sonic series as of Unleashed. He loved the show for the record.

• Thumbs Up 2

I liked the franchise TRYING to be serious again via the Eggman sacrifice scene in Lost World.

...TRYING...

And the whole figure skating in the game was neat.

As a grown man, I have no problem admitting that I love the Sonic Boom cartoon. It's charming, hilarious, and makes me feel like the little kid who just loves Sonic the Hedgehog again. No additional bullcrap needed or required.

• Thumbs Up 1