Awoo.

The "Name Something That You Actually Enjoyed About Sonic Recently" Topic

Tara

Played some Sonic Lost World for old times sake. Still fun.

I also am almost done with beating Sonic 4 Episode 1. Managed to get all the Chaos Emeralds a while ago, and now I just have to beat Eggman.

• Thumbs Up 2

Does the realization that this year marks the 20th anniversary of Sonic OVA/Sonic the Movie count? Because listening to the South Island and Look a Like pieces from @JDHarding is making me want to watch it again.

• Thumbs Up 2

1 hour ago, TCB said:

Does the realization that this year marks the 20th anniversary of Sonic OVA/Sonic the Movie count? Because listening to the South Island and Look a Like pieces from @JDHarding is making me want to watch it again.

Man, I would love to watch the OVA again and I kinda need to as well.

I've recently started to watch all the 90s Sonic cartoons for the first time!

I finished watching AoStH and SatAM. AoStH is a good show but I don't see how people prefer it over Boom in terms of comedic Sonic cartoons, AoStH is pretty much Looney Tunes with more Looney and less Witty IMO. Though there are characters I've grown to really like, Breezie, Von Schlemmer, Robotnik Jr. and DA BEARS! 

SatAM is a really good show but it's not my top favorite Sonic cartoon for me (Boom is still up there, m8!) but it's definitely a second favorite though.

oh and I watched Underground, 10 episodes in.... I don't like it.

• Thumbs Up 2

I was going back through Generations a few days ago, and although a lot of things grated on me more than they used to (Modern Sonic's low-speed handling and Planet Wisp Act 2, among other aspects of the game), that playthrough really reinforced my affinity for Rooftop Run Act 2. From the level design and set-pieces to the music, from the background art to the surprisingly fun challenge missions, everything about it is exactly as good as I remembered. 

Not all of Generations holds up to my memory, but RR Act 2 certainly still shines through.

• Thumbs Up 3

Gonna be honest, I've enjoyed multiple characters and new anthros in the BOOM franchise,it's about time Sonic and co. weren't the only "critters" in their world again.

Main series wise... Well... Said this in my newest thread, but you can't deny it's great having the figure 8 blur returning when Sonic is running.

1 hour ago, ImPantsAtThis said:

Not all of Generations holds up to my memory, but RR Act 2 certainly still shines through.

I agree wholeheartedly. Everything about Rooftop Run Act 2 is amazing! From the music to the level design, it's just pure bliss everytime I play it. Definitely one of my favorite levels in any video game.

• Thumbs Up 2

I have been enjoying the work from the sonic modding community, its always fun to watch concepts of the sonic franchise come together. For example this vid:

Now, I was never a fan of lost world. Its level design felt of, never enjoyed the art direction and it had a bad story. But the actual gameplay mechanics was always something I thought was worth giving an extra look at. It would need some work to make me fully apreciate it, but i did get a kick of watching this gameplay concept explored in other kind of levels.

Continued my quest to 100% Sonic Generations.

Honestly, I don't find the challenges bad. I found them fun to play in, and it's really satisfying to complete a challenge to be rewarded with not only new art and music, but a new Skill like a Shield.

• 2 weeks later...

I've been playing the Advance and Rush games lately. I had forgotten how much I enjoy Sonic Advance 3 and Sonic Rush Adventure in particular, but they're all fun. Rush Adventure in particular is my favourite non-classic 2D game, and I still like it more than 1 and CD.

In contrast, I just finished CD again and... I like that game a lot less than I used to sadly.

Well theres .....uh.....there's......I got nothing. Like,really,I got NOTHING other than his costume in Super Mario maker. Seriously,other than that,what IS there to like,and no,I am not talking about generations or colors,I am talking about post-Generations,and literally,other than One costume in SMM,there is nothing that I like as of now. Lost world was the only decent thing other than the costume. Boom Wii u and runners are broken,with boom being fixed,while Runners is a clutching corpse of ads,lag,heating,crashes,and terrible gambling. If the anniversary bombs,then I'm done.

I meant glitching,not clutching.

10 hours ago, Iamaspaz said:

Well theres .....uh.....there's......I got nothing. Like,really,I got NOTHING other than his costume in Super Mario maker. Seriously,other than that,what IS there to like,and no,I am not talking about generations or colors,I am talking about post-Generations,and literally,other than One costume in SMM,there is nothing that I like as of now. Lost world was the only decent thing other than the costume. Boom Wii u and runners are broken,with boom being fixed,while Runners is a clutching corpse of ads,lag,heating,crashes,and terrible gambling. If the anniversary bombs,then I'm done.

I meant glitching,not clutching.

If you read Tara's opening post you would have known that posts like these are absolutely not acceptable. These particular bullet points highlight this:

Snarky responses like "Sonic didn't sleep with my mom today" or "Sonic sucked a little less than usual" or what have you will be removed on sight, and disciplinary action will be taken depending on member history and severity of the insubordination.  Just don't be an asshole, I guess is what I'm trying to say.

Negativity that exceeds what is necessary for background information or to help better understand an overall point will be generally frowned upon.  Acceptable- "Although it is riddled with problems, some concepts in Sonic '06 were very interesting to me."  Not acceptable- "Sonic '06 was a bag of donkey doodoo and it should be thrust into the fires of Hell. Also, just fuck it.  But like the soundtrack was okay."

If you can't be bothered to think of anything genuinely good to say then we have literally every single other topic on the boards suited for those purposes.

• Thumbs Up 7

For me the best thing lately has been the newest volume of the Runners soundtrack.  It's weird how it's one of those albums where all the songs are kinda "samey", they all have this same vibe to them, but listened individually they're all super pleasant and uplifting.  There's also now enough songs to use it as a custom soundtrack on some more traditional Sonic games... if you're okay with a lack of climactic final boss theme anyway.  I used the time attack theme for that purpose as a sort of "kicking ass" upbeat final fight theme.  The rest of the songs were fairly easy to apply to another game via trope matching, or just what fit musically.

I have Dreams of an Absolution on the brain these days.

I am enjoying the happy memories of having a paragraph written about one of my Sonic 1 runs in the Guinness book.

I am finding the behavior of Chaos (X version) so cool that I want to use him as inspiration for some of my characters.

As I mentioned before, I have a higher appreciation for how Jay Snyder handled Mephiles.

• Thumbs Up 1

The most recent main Sonic game to impress me was Generations, 5 years ago. In terms of spin-offs, I did enjoy All-Stars Racing Transformed which came out 4 years ago.

Here's to hoping the 25th Anniversary title will be somewhat decent.

Replayed SADX and enjoyed it for the large part, especially with some of the mods.

Tried out Runners and, excess ads aside, it was pretty fun. I unlocked some characters the slow, free way, though I could argue that makes it even more satisfying.

Also watched most of the remainder of Boom I hadn't seen last year and enjoyed most of it. A lot of episodes I thought would be pretty lame were actually a lot of fun (eg. Battle of the Boy Bands).

• Thumbs Up 1

5bba52f55877e8926647b2281d460727.jpg

I just got finished with 100% completing Sonic Unleashed Wii about 20 minutes ago. Every medal, illustration, music track, movie, secret document, mission, and S-Rank. I think I'm going to 100% complete Sonic Colors Wii next.

• Thumbs Up 5

I'll occasionally listen to any of my physical copies of Sonic music. Just listened to the entirety of True Colors: Vol. 2 the other day which featured various characters themes. Some of which I actually listened to the first time. Few of them were great, but nothing pales in comparison to hearing Ungratify and Look-Alike once more.

And I'll occasionally watch any Sonic-related stuff like Unleashed's opening, the Riders 1 anime intro, or NotW. Especially if I'm ever in a bad mood or had a rough day.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 2/15/2016 at 6:29 AM, Lime/Key/Parvati-Pai said:

I have Dreams of an Absolution on the brain these days.

This is easily the second best of all the Sonic songs. Only reason it's not the best is because of Erazor Djinn's dope ass rock theme.

EVERY SINGLE DROP OF ALL YOU GOT 

• Thumbs Up 1

15 hours ago, GuyWithThePie said:

I just got finished with 100% completing Sonic Unleashed Wii about 20 minutes ago. Every medal, illustration, music track, movie, secret document, mission, and S-Rank. I think I'm going to 100% complete Sonic Colors Wii next.

Good luck! Are you gonna try getting every S-rank? If so, then may God help your soul.

Don't worry, I already took care of that.

Every medal, illustration, music track, movie, secret document, mission, and S-Rank.

2 hours ago, GuyWithThePie said:

Don't worry, I already took care of that.

Actually, I was asking about Sonic Colors's insanely difficult S-ranks.

recently i've been playing Sonic triple trouble..

i once got all the emeralds on that game.. but now i wanted to relax.. and just pass through the game.. again..

i discovered that if you don't collect the emeralds.. Nack scapes.. and then he trolls you at the ending.. XD ..

and also i've been listening to some Sonic music videos with music that doesn't belong to the franchise hah

recently i saw this video and i just love it!! 

• Thumbs Up 2

23 minutes ago, Adamabba said:

Actually, I was asking about Sonic Colors's insanely difficult S-ranks.

Colors is literally one of the easiest Sonic games to S Rank. All you need to do is milk those Colors Bonuses like crazy, the only time I felt it was a bit tricky to S Rank was the Frigate Skullian bossfight in Asteroid Coaster.

I had more trouble to get the S Ranks in Lost World's Time Attack.