Awoo.

Good Things About Bad Sonic Games.

The Chairman Of The Board

On August 23, 2016 at 5:48 PM, Niko said:

And I absolutely loved Shadow the Hedgehog's soundtrack too.

When I read this I started laughing because the first thing I thought of was when I was watching ClementJ642's LP of Shadow and how he kept saying how bad the soundtrack is and the only rememberable song (besides the themes, like "All Hail Shadow", "I Am All Of Me" etc.) was Westopolis (and you know why). 

All Sonic games have competent soundtracks, so I won't cop out with that.

First of all, I think Heroes and Unleashed are good games. So, I won't include them. And I despise Sonic CD, but I know the game is good to most people so I won't go into that.

Shadow- I really like the concept of the levels having multiple objectives. Some of the missions are quite fun, and the character interaction with people like Amy, Vector and Maria showed some character development. Having Eggman being a "Hero" and a "Villian" at the same time was fun. The SA2 references showed some real continuity, which is rare in this series. Also, I like Shadow.

Sonic '06- Shadow's story arc was great. The open ended level design could have worked with some better physics. Amy was an underrated badass. Blaze got a 3D appearance! Eggman's reaction to Shadow after Radical Train.

Secret Rings- Unique level tropes(I wish Secret Rings had a level in Generations so much), some of the level design was okay. Secret Rings could really use a non-motion controlled remake imo.

Sonic Unleashed....on the Wii/PS2- Okay, so THIS version is bad. I like that Sonic's controls are tighter and easier to handle, though. Very streamlined. The Werehog levels are short and sweet, also. Not as time consuming.

Black Knight- Not even really a bad game overall, just a shame it couldn't be on a console with normal controls. Great art design, interesting story, and the optional playable characters were handled really well, imo.

Sonic Colors DS- The cameos are cool.

Lost World- Classic badniks are a welcome sight. Some of the levels are genuinely excellent. I like the level tropes as well, lots of variety.

Bad things about Good games could be a fun topic, as well. Let's tear apart the games we love!

On 01/09/2016 at 8:25 AM, The Chairman Of The Board said:

When I read this I started laughing because the first thing I thought of was when I was watching ClementJ642's LP of Shadow and how he kept saying how bad the soundtrack is and the only rememberable song (besides the themes, like "All Hail Shadow", "I Am All Of Me" etc.) was Westopolis (and you know why). 

I think it was the themes that were in mind.

But yeah, the themes are good, level tracks not so much. Some of them do veer into corny/edgy territory but it doesn't bother me all that much.

I will never get over Never Turn Back.

Almost Dead can get lost though.