Awoo.

Sonic Dreams Collection

Phos

Lol, those are some pretty good models for what's supposed to look like a Dreamcast tech demo. Their website is also a bit peculiar .  XD

The games are all batshit strange, but what's up with the Eggman Origins game? Does it work at all?

The games are all batshit strange, but what's up with the Eggman Origins game? Does it work at all?

The joke with the Eggman Origins game is that it's supposed to be a Dreamcast MMO but since Dreamcast's online capabilities have ceased to be a thing it's not supposed to work.

• Thumbs Up 1

This is the most bizarre thing I've seen in a while. Although I am glad this ships Sonic and Rouge. As should everybody.

Everyone meaning nobody as usual, but why would anyone even create something like this? Like, joking aside, it's just weird and creepy and I'm wondering why they choose this franchise to use with it. Like, I'd argue that Mario is the series that needs to have more attention called to it's fucked up bits, because on average less attention as a whole is payed to it. Plus, then you'd have an explanation, because drugs. Sonic doesn't eat chaos emeralds. They probably taste like...well, rocks. Or glass.

This whole game feel like a personal project I shouldn't be looking at lol. I got near the end of the Sonic Movie Marker and I literally couldn't stomach the final level at all so I quit. I did find something interesting from playing My Roommate Sonic:

v8D1lV9.jpg

Not sure what the password could be use for though.

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone meaning nobody as usual, but why would anyone even create something like this? Like, joking aside, it's just weird and creepy and I'm wondering why they choose this franchise to use with it. Like, I'd argue that Mario is the series that needs to have more attention called to it's fucked up bits, because on average less attention as a whole is payed to it. Plus, then you'd have an explanation, because drugs. Sonic doesn't eat chaos emeralds. They probably taste like...well, rocks. Or glass.

It seems more of a parody of the Sonic fanbase than the games themselves.  The tumblr page and game script is pretending that it's a leak, so I think the idea is it's pretending that Sega hired a group of deviantArt-types to make Sonic games back in the late 90s and tried to sweep it under the rug after seeing what they were actually making.  Which is frankly fucking hilarious to think about.

Yeah, but even if you're being ironically disturbing and creepy, you're still being disturbing and creepy.

Yeah, but even if you're being ironically disturbing and creepy, you're still being disturbing and creepy.

I highly doubt the guys behind this thing really care what other people think of them.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah, but I thought Zineth was awesome, and Perfect Stride looks cool too. The fact that they're planning to get that second one on Steam might be affected by this in terms of popularity.

Yeah, but I thought Zineth was awesome, and Perfect Stride looks cool too. The fact that they're planning to get that second one on Steam might be affected by this in terms of popularity.

I'm sure that's something they're not really worried about if Arcane Kids is fine with having their name on that Busby 3D thing they put out a while ago.

On a somewhat related note, I never thought I'd ever see anything like this in my entire life.

pU9pGGj.png

Edited by Clewis

Saw it on Retro can't link directly due to mobile...

But how to get Eggman Origins to work...

Okay, the super secret way to get Eggman's Origin to work:

- In the game's files, go to Extra Data Files>Unsafe File (use at own risk)>Corrupted Data and launch SegaNet.

- There, put "mjstudio" in as username and "wh1t3Glove" as password, and log in. Not sure if the other options matter but I selected SegaNet as protocol anyway.

- Once it's launched, start Sonic Dream Collection and go into the character creator, make your character and upload it to SegaNet

- You can now select your character in Eggman's Origin and play it. Enjoy(?).

I saw a video on Tumblr about this. My friend tagged it with my name :S

Sonic's eyes melding was weird...

Considering that we've already gone this far into the depths of hell with no chance of escape, we might as well go deeper.

That's like saying that a knife has been set next to your heart, may as well shove it in there and get it over with instead of choosing not to stab yourself

Here's Eggman Origins

You can finally use your "OC" in an explorable map, but that's all I can really say about it. It's truly a sight to behold, just like the rest of the game.