Awoo.

The Lego Batman Movie

Klinsy

DARKNESS! NO PARENTS!

So, 2014's The Lego Movie had a lot great characters, but the best of them all is ... Princess Unikitty.

But Lego Batman was cool too! And he's getting his own movie!

Starting Will Arnett as Batman, Micheal Cera as Robin and Zach Galifianakis as the Joker, this movie explores all eras of Batman film history, from the 1980's/1990's film series to the Dark Knight trilogy to maybe the Adam West movie and Mask of the Phantasm and Ben Afleck new version of the character.

Whatever it is, we should expect it to be dark and brooding.

Edited by Pink Cat

The Lego Movie is tied with Wreck It Ralph for my favorite movie.... Ever. Knowing that there's a plethora of Lego Movies coming out made me really happy when it was announced. Out of all the Spin-Offs, Ninjago is the one that interests me the most but that doesn't mean I'm excited for the Lego Batman movie!

I'm not exactly a DC nerd though, so I have to do my research or some of the jokes will fly completely over my head.

My dad is a huge Batman fan and he loved Will Arnett's Batman in the Lego Movie so I'm sure he'll love this spin-off too.

Part of me got a little tired of Batman's"lolbatman" schtick after a while, but the more fun side in me thought it fit with the tone of the movie, and I couldn't help but wonder what Batman's world would be like and how other Batman characters would act in this universe

With that said, I was actually very pleased to hear the news when it first came out, and the idea of one big parody of Batman movies sounds very clever! I look forward to seeing it when it comes out.

• Thumbs Up 1

There already kind of was a Lego Batman movie, but it was Direct-to-DVD. I've seen it, and it's basically all the Lego Batman 2 cutscenes with added scenes.

Whatever this may be, I'm interested. I'll wait till we actually have something, though.

• 2 months later...

Don't know how to feel about this to be honest. I wasn't exactly a fan of the over the top Lego Batman in The Lego Movie. It worked there because Emmett and the other characters were there to bounce off him and make jokes at his expense because of how over the top he is. I'm not sure I'd want to see an entire movie of him without the other characters.

• 8 months later...

We also have a first look at the sets for the movie!

The Batmobile: 

tumblr_oaok9tlWfe1rir6lho2_1280.jpg

Joker's Notorious Lowrider:

1469108299144.png

I like how this new Batman Minifig comes with the molded utility belt.

There will also be a Story Pack for LEGO Dimensions based off the film so Sonic can be a part of the movie! :P

• Thumbs Up 5

Watching the latest trailer... I can officially say I'm sold on the film. The idea of one big Batman parody (All while using the actual characters, rather than expies) and combining it with the creativeness of the Lego Movie makes it sound like it'll be a lot of fun to watch.

Also, Robin looks adorable in this movie... I'm just saying. :P

• Thumbs Up 3

I don't watch superhero movies (well, except for Big Hero 6 and The Incredibles, but I think those are different), but I'm gonna have to make an exception for this one, because this looks freaking hilarious. Like the guy above me, I can safely say I'm sold. In fact, now that I can actually afford to go to theaters, I might even make this one of the few I will plan on seeing on the big screen (along with Trolls and Moana).

I died laughing on the first teaser

Heres the second one

Seriously though, those trailers look really good! Hyped to see this!

• 2 months later...

well some new sets have been revealed by lego and in order of price they are

BN-QC148_LEGOjp_J_20161003155542.jpg

the Mr.freeze ice attack set for $19.99

BN-QC150_LEGO_0_J_20161003155846.jpg

the batcave break-in set for $99.99

and finally

BN-QC159_LEGO_2_J_20161003162547.jpg

the Arkham Asylum set which includes 12 minifigures and a total of 1,628 pieces for $149.99

• 5 weeks later...

New trailer! Gives us more of an idea of the plot as well. It's gonna be about Batman's loneliness as a hero, and his overall formation of the Bat Family, and we've got our first glimpse of Barbara Gordon, which means Batgirl and Commissioner Gordon are likely in too!

• Thumbs Up 3

2 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

New trailer! Gives us more of an idea of the plot as well. It's gonna be about Batman's loneliness as a hero, and his overall formation of the Bat Family, and we've got our first glimpse of Barbara Gordon, which means Batgirl and Commissioner Gordon are likely in too!

Man, I'm loving this trailer! Can't wait to see it when it comes out!

And Batgirl has already been confirmed through set pictures...

1469108299144.png

...And the LEGO Batman Movie Story Pack for Dimensions.

ldf17_08.jpg

Really liking the visuals and animation here. It looks even better than it did in The Lego Movie, which already looked good. I also love how nerdy they made Robin looked, lmao. I wasn't interested in this at first, but I think I might give it a watch when it comes out.