Awoo.

Can't post on the boards on my PC (posting from a different one)

Dizcrybe

For some reason, whenever I go to the post editor at the bottom of a post, it never loads. All there is is a perpetually spinning circle. I don't mean that I make a post, save it, and nothing happens; the post-builder itself never shows up.

osoOABT.png

I've tried everything I can to fix the problem. I've tried, clearing my cache and cookies, restarting my browser, restarting my computer, reinstalling Flash, updating and enabling Javascript, tricking my computer into restoring itself to before the problem occurred (as I didn't have a restore point ready), but nothing worked. This isn't just a browser problem, I tried Firefox, but it was the same there.

This all started when I uninstalled Flash 18 ActiveX because I thought it was causing Hulu not to load, so I tried to get that back, but not even that worked. This seems to be only happening with boards using this particular software, but I have no idea why or how to fix it. I'm truly at wit's end here. Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can fix it? Is there a way to fix it, or am I just stuck until my computer decides to update itself again?

I'm running Vista, using Chrome.

Edited by Kaoru Akimotobug

• Replies 5
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Tara

• Dizcrybe

• The Chairman Of The Board

Top Posters In This Topic

This is a noted problem with IPB4 in general that we're hoping will be patched sometime in the future.

I'm sure you have, but have you tried other browsers?

For some reason, whenever I go to the post editor at the bottom of a post, it never loads. All there is is a perpetually spinning circle. I don't mean that I make a post, save it, and nothing happens; the post-builder itself never shows up.

osoOABT.png

I've tried everything I can to fix the problem. I've tried, clearing my cache and cookies, restarting my browser, restarting my computer, reinstalling Flash, updating and enabling Javascript, tricking my computer into restoring itself to before the problem occurred (as I didn't have a restore point ready), but nothing worked. This isn't just a browser problem, I tried Firefox, but it was the same there.

This all started when I uninstalled Flash 18 ActiveX because I thought it was causing Hulu not to load, so I tried to get that back, but not even that worked. This seems to be only happening with boards using this particular software, but I have no idea why or how to fix it. I'm truly at wit's end here. Does anyone know what the problem is or how I can fix it? Is there a way to fix it, or am I just stuck until my computer decides to update itself again?

I'm running Vista, using Chrome.

This used to happen to me and I fixed it by reloading the page and my post was there. Try that.

This used to happen to me and I fixed it by reloading the page and my post was there. Try that.

It says in that post that the problem is that the text box doesn't appear for the post at all, so that probably won't do it.

It says in that post that the problem is that the text box doesn't appear for the post at all, so that probably won't do it.

Oh I thought he meant that he tried to post something and he pressed post and it just kept loading.