Awoo.

Quality variations of Sonic 1 Music for the final version of the game

Solister

Hello Guys, today I'm show the Quality Changes in Sonic 1 & 2 Music from the Original music composed by Masato Nakamura to the Final version in game. I think many of you may already know, but if you don't know, Let's Check.

Here I choice the Metropolis Zone Music (or Wood Zone), but this happens to any music from two games.

In Masa's Demo Version the music is very Slow, and you can hear knocks present in sonic 2 Beta but don't in the final. In Beta Versions the music as accelerated and you hear some differences to the Final Version. And lastly the Final game Version, The music is most accelerated and the knocks are very different to the Masa's demo and the Beta Version. I hope you liked this Topic and talk about this subject in Posts, Thanks for Reading!

You can see the Masa's Demo version in Sonic 1 & 2 Soundtrack album and you can download in SOAH City

Edited by Marcelo Malaman
  • Thumbs Up 1

Demo version meaning this is the original mix he put together when composing the music?

Yes, Masato compose the Masa's Demo Version, but the Genesis Sound Card don't support the Original music, so redid it in Sega Genesis Sound Card.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh, I see. So these are the original synthesized masters before they were chopped down to run on the Genesis sound hardware, and well before they were modified in composition for the final game. Kinda like what happened with Goldeneye:

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh, I see. So these are the original synthesized masters before they were chopped down to run on the Genesis sound hardware, and well before they were modified in composition for the final game. Kinda like what happened with Goldeneye:

exactly