Awoo.

Sonical (Retro) Returns!

Chris

I really like the colors of blue added. Granted, I'm way more used to the white theme but this looks really nice. Everything is much darker, so it's actually much easier to read text now compared to old Sonical

It looks really great!  Happy to see it's returned, and with some nostalgic touches as well. =D

Edited by Tara

It looks nice but I think I'm not used to it because I'm used to all the white from the other skins. Looks nice though!

I'm browsing on my phone & there's a large section of grey background from the newest topics downward. Can this be fixed?

So I assume it's cool if we use this thread to point out discrepancies with the new, old theme?

Capture.thumb.PNG.bc4f16f9e25409795a1411

The statuses still show the little white triangle, instead of the dark blue.

I'm browsing on my phone & there's a large section of grey background from the newest topics downward. Can this be fixed?

Mind posting a screenshot?  I didn't get that when browsing on mobile during the testing period.

So I assume it's cool if we use this thread to point out discrepancies with the new, old theme?

Capture.thumb.PNG.bc4f16f9e25409795a1411

The statuses still show the little white triangle, instead of the dark blue.

On it. *Fixed

Absolutely (and it should be fixed already!). That's what a feedback topic is for.

With regards to the post earlier about the status response button, that one is going to take a little bit due to how the forum is designed. I'm aware of it!

Edited by Chris
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mind posting a screenshot?  I didn't get that when browsing on mobile during the testing period.

It does seem to be gone now, but I had the issue when I initially switched themes :S. 

Takes off sunlasses

My eyes.....they can rest now....

Also, we have the ranking icons and a new easy on the eyes theme...what's next =o ?

Edited by Jetronic
  • Thumbs Up 1

Capturere.thumb.PNG.0a5e1a11df848ccb25af

So this one technically isn't an error or glitch or whatever, but for me, the color behind the reputation text is a little... off-putting. It kind of clashes with the overall design of the Retro theme. It looks bad imo.

Capturere.thumb.PNG.0a5e1a11df848ccb25af

So this one technically isn't an error or glitch or whatever, but for me, the color behind the reputation text is a little... off-putting. It kind of clashes with the overall design of the Retro theme. It looks bad imo.

This one is an interesting situation. It uses the same CSS as the user details section per post, so I'd have to either separate the two or modify the post colour a bit.

I'll look into it and see what would be easier.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've grown used to the white theme over time.....

But I missed Sonical more, switchin' to it now! Welcome back, you blue checkered theme! Oh, how I missed you!

Looks great!

I've really missed the original Sonical theme. The blue background has a nice feel to it.

Thanks Chris <3

Think I'll be using this even though I adapted to the white eventually.  Very nice and feels more "SSMB" to me due to being used to it for so long.

The only critique I'd say is that the Sonic Battle artwork on quote boxes feels out of place in an otherwise very neutral theme.  Sonic's Dreamcast era artwork in the banner and the classic artwork behind posts are so iconic, whereas Battle was just this one little odd spin-off game for the GBA.  It was a cool-ass art style, but due to what an obscure little thing it was, it just doesn't gel with the rest of the aesthetic, imo, it's a bit too much of a "noisy" art style.

Edited by JezMM
  • Thumbs Up 1

fd28684b69a064f75c048c7ac5e3b008.png

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? All the button graphics are replaced with empty squares and the banner is gone.

This issue has presented itself because of a forum software upgrade. It's actively being worked on but IPS support has been notified.

No theme data is lost - it's just unable to pull the images.

• Thumbs Up 2

fd28684b69a064f75c048c7ac5e3b008.png

Anyone else having this issue or is it just me? All the button graphics are replaced with empty squares and the banner is gone.

I'm having this right now too, but it wasn't like that at first. It's probably a bug created while fixing some issue with the theme.

Awesome job Chris, thanks for the hard work, <3

I've gotten a little used to white since the upgrade, so it's kinda back to the drawing board getting used to blue again haha. Shouldn't be to hard though as it's been my theme for the past 10 years or so lmao.

Chris you beautiful bastard! Thank you so much! You have no idea how  much I've missed this theme <3

Sonical, my old friend, it's been so long *pats screen affectionately* :')

That glitch with the icons at the top is still happening. When will that be fixed?

Considering it was a problem with IPB themselves, then it's probably going to be a little bit longer than a few hours before it's fixed.

With the theme, I know that the reputation count under our profile pics are still green, but they look a bit grey with the blue background. Are you able to give the reputation a brighter green?

I'm so happy that this came back! Thanks for making this possible! :D

I am also getting the problem of the missing banner, and the search icon has turned into a weird, (but cool) flame symbol. As the others said, I think the reputation button is better off being full green...

Another tiny suggestion, but do you think the colors of the popular banner (That's the small ribbon which is green ish with a white star) should be slightly changed to match this theme? (Excluding the star)?