Awoo.

Sonical (Retro) Returns!

Chris

Looks like the Sonical theme is fixed. The icons and banner at the top of the page now appear.

Well the banner's fixed now, but the symbols are still messed up on my end. Isn't it a problem with the site not reading a specific font type? Fiddled around with it in inspect element on my computer, and that seems to be the common element that makes the magnifying glass and arrows themselves instead of random symbols.

Anyways, the new skin looks great, but the main page for the forum looks just a little bit messy right now with the shades of blue on the sub-forums behaving in a pattern of light and dark shades, imo. A fair bit of borders exist that don't appear so obvious in either the white format of this forum or the old sonical format; think it might also contribute to the front page looking a bit messy.

So glad to have a blue theme once again, though.

Header should now be working again and the right fix should be in place so it doesn't break again during an update. Some colour changes as well after feedback about particular sections being harder to read than others. :)

• Thumbs Up 4

Finally the posting box is loading with my internet again :U

Sonical being back is nice. Not a fan of the blue used behind posts, though. Any chance of that getting darker and/or less saturated?

So, more like this:

yE0t3B8.jpg

instead of this:

yM4GICQ.jpg

Though, I may be largely alone on this :-/

Now, more importantly, we need Catfish back!

Finally the posting box is loading with my internet again :U

Sonical being back is nice. Not a fan of the blue used behind posts, though. Any chance of that getting darker and/or less saturated?

So, more like this:

yE0t3B8.jpg

instead of this:

yM4GICQ.jpg

Though, I may be largely alone on this :-/

Now, more importantly, we need Catfish back!

Nah, we need something that isn't mere shades away from sonical, we need Jammin Croc back!

Wish we could do a poll or something to put in some input on what themes we would like back first XD, though all have merits of course

I've been considering messing around with the post background colour, but I'm fairly confident in saying that it shares that CSS entry with a few other locations on the theme. If I change it, I may have to do more repairs than I'd like to (where separating CSS entries isn't an option).

As for a poll: I'm aware of the popularity of each theme. Having a vote would only serve as a formality and not a guarantee because I design these based on my interest. Sonical was the first due to it being the default for such a long time, but the next could be either a returning or new design as long as the colour scheme works. I'd like to let Sonical sit for a while before digging into another as it allows me the time to fix bugs.