Awoo.

Nickelodeon Animation Discussion

ElectricAngel

That animation is so vivid and fluid that it's hard to associate it with Hey Arnold.

I know, and that's only a 40 second clip, so just imagine how it would if been if it had happened. Instead, we got Hey Arnold The Movie, which was alright animation wise, but still didn't match what was seen in the Jungle Movie's leaked clip.

Let's be totally honest. Powerpuff Girls, even if sticking to the original formula still got stale after a while, to the point where Seasons 5 & 6 had gone through so much seasonal rot that we got bad episodes like Girls Gone Mild and Sunscream. It isn't as easy as following the original concept and hoping for the best. Actual care and effort needs to be put in and general thought needs to be in there to say ''what else can we do with these characters''. 

Keep in mind though, this is a reboot. So it's like pressing that reset button. All events that happened in the previous series (including the movie) will not transfer to this new series. So there maybe a new story on how they met The Gangreen Gang etc.

And to me, I enjoyed most episodes. Just because one or two later episodes (and PPG Rule!) were bad doesn't mean it was in a huge decline, like Spongebob. Also I didn't find Sun Scream that bad as you said it is...

Continuity is very important though. There is some continuity in the old series. I don't want a Sonic Boom in this reboot, when there is next to no continuity, because it does become stale much quicker. I'm already getting bored of Sonic Boom. @.@

===

As for Hey Arnold, never a fan of the series. I watched like 20 episodes, but never a fan of it. But it does have remember-able characters in it. Helga and her love-hate crush on Arnold haha. I couldn't forget that, and I haven't watched Hey Arnold for over 10 years.

• 4 months later...

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3716713  Just over a month after the news announcement of the Hey Arnold TV Movie, it looks like another Nicktoon is getting revived, it's none other than As Told By Ginger.Russell Hicks and Chris Viscardi exclusively told MoviePilot that Nickelodeon in working on an As Told By Ginger revival with the original creator Emily Kapnek on board, the show will focus be a continuation after the events of The Wedding Frame, when the gang is in high school and will focus on the ups and down on the life of Ginger Foutley.

Ya know. I don't really know how I should feel about a bunch of old cartoons and movies and  stuff coming back again. It might just be my poor memory, but it feels like we're getting more and more of these lately. How many are we up to? Not just from Nicktoons cause there's Samurai Jack too. 

• Thumbs Up 3

...is MoviePilot a credible source? They don't seem to give a source from where they got their information from, and I don't see the news being reported by any other site.

That and not gonna lie-the "redesigns" of the characters shown in the article look fanmade.

5 hours ago, Gabe said:

...is MoviePilot a credible source? They don't seem to give a source from where they got their information from, and I don't see the news being reported by any other site.

That and not gonna lie-the "redesigns" of the characters shown in the article look fanmade.

Not really. From what I've heard, movie pilot lets various people make articles, be it official or not.

In addition, the one who made the article in question is a random guy who makes amvish, fanfic cartoons on youtube. It's definitely not real.

On 9/4/2015 at 9:16 PM, Tara said:

That animation is so vivid and fluid that it's hard to associate it with Hey Arnold.

It's pretty much what I thought the first movie was gonna look like before I learned years after the fact that it was supposed to be a TV movie that only got bumped up to a theater release.

The teaser didn't help either, it had better animation than the movie itself and really got me hyped as a kid because I thought the whole movie would be like that:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hc5juvIaD24

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3724521 
Last year it was reported that Disney would be reviving a popular 1987 for 2017 show called Ducktales that focused on Scrooge McDuck and Huey, Louie and Dewey going on action packed adventures.

Now it looks like Disney is now reviving two popular shows for 2017, Eric Coleman, Senior Vice President of Content and Development and General Manager at Disney Television Animation told MoviePilot exclusive news that Disney will revive Kim Possible and Recess set to air on Disney XD in 2017.

11 minutes ago, Noggyjoggy said:

http://moviepilot.com/posts/3724521 
Last year it was reported that Disney would be reviving a popular 1987 for 2017 show called Ducktales that focused on Scrooge McDuck and Huey, Louie and Dewey going on action packed adventures.

Now it looks like Disney is now reviving two popular shows for 2017, Eric Coleman, Senior Vice President of Content and Development and General Manager at Disney Television Animation told MoviePilot exclusive news that Disney will revive Kim Possible and Recess set to air on Disney XD in 2017.

There's no official sources in that article to corroborate any of this, nor any other stories from other news sites online. This doesn't seem credible.

Just as well, this is the Nickelodeon thread, not the Disney thread. Make sure you're aware of the threads you're posting in in order to be on topic.

20 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

Here's the intro for season 10

This is not the intro for Fairly Oddparents for this season and seasons to come. It's more of a one-off intro/parody. They'll definitely not use this "intro" on the opening episode, as it wouldn't make logical sense as we never seen Chloe or what she's all about. They'll probably do what they did with Fairly Odd Primates, show this intro during the episode.

But most importantly, look at the title of the video that this Youtuber ripped from Nick.com. Bottom left corner on the first few seconds of the video says "Chloe's Theme Song", not the new intro of FOP.

The intro will always be the same, but they may add Chloe in the sequences like they did with Poof.

==SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH IT==

So I watched the new episode. The episode was...bad. But I actually think Chloe's alright. She's not a fantastic addition nor a bad addition, but she's a hell lot better than Sparky. Off to a shaky start, I thought she was "Little Miss Perfect", but turns out she is a lonely girl and wanted to have fun. Timmy saw that in her in the end and wanted to share his fairies.

But the episode itself was terrible. It was rushed, and many things that happened in that episode just didn't connect well. The writing was abysmal, the reason to share fairies is stupid. Vicky's appearance wasn't needed, which is a problem with today's FOP episodes, they HAVE to squeeze in Timmy's Mom, Dad, Vicky, Crocker and Foop in most episodes - and no surprise all these characters I listed appeared in this episode for NO reason with the real plot...except maybe Crocker as he introduced Chloe to us.

And there are so many predictable moments, like I just knew when Chloe wished things to go back to normal, Cosmo and Wanda were about to perform the wish...then something terrible happens to stop the wish from performing.

While Chloe is a harmless addition, I would have preferred the existing characters to share fairies with Timmy such as Tootie, AJ and Chester. The existing fanbase like these characters so it's just a missed opportunity. In fact this whole sharing thing is a missed opportunity. I don't mind Chloe, but she really doesn't bring anything exciting to the table that the past characters did (bar Sparky).

My ratings - Chloe addition 6/10. Episode itself 2/10.

To my surprise, Poof and Sparky didn't appear in this episode. But I think that's because Butch wanted to focus on just Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda for today's episode. This doesn't mean Poof and Sparky are gone for good, Poof was even seen in the modified intro. It's just weird that these two didn't appear or not even mentioned.

Speaking of the modified intro, as some of you already saw in Dejimon's post above that was shown in today's episode for the opening. As I said in the previous post above, it's most likely a one-off intro. The 95% of the sequences were taken from THIS episode, and Timmy wanted to share his fairies in the end. Therefore showing this intro throughout the season wouldn't make sense.

EDIT: Also another thing that bugged me in tonight's Fairly OddParents episode, is when the anti-fairies were loose and had their 2 minute screen time, why is Foop the only one talking to the main cast? Whatever happened to Anti-Cosmo and Wanda, Butch hellloooo??? They haven't appeared for over a season, perfect chance for them to have a cameo, but nope. You decided to choose only Foop. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because his opposite, Poof didn't appear in the episode! You didn't think this through properly, writers. 

• Thumbs Up 1

8 hours ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

==SPOILER ALERT FOR THOSE WHO WANT TO WATCH IT==

So I watched the new episode. The episode was...bad. But I actually think Chloe's alright. She's not a fantastic addition nor a bad addition, but she's a hell lot better than Sparky. Off to a shaky start, I thought she was "Little Miss Perfect", but turns out she is a lonely girl and wanted to have fun. Timmy saw that in her in the end and wanted to share his fairies.

But the episode itself was terrible. It was rushed, and many things that happened in that episode just didn't connect well. The writing was abysmal, the reason to share fairies is stupid. Vicky's appearance wasn't needed, which is a problem with today's FOP episodes, they HAVE to squeeze in Timmy's Mom, Dad, Vicky, Crocker and Foop in most episodes - and no surprise all these characters I listed appeared in this episode for NO reason with the real plot...except maybe Crocker as he introduced Chloe to us.

And there are so many predictable moments, like I just knew when Chloe wished things to go back to normal, Cosmo and Wanda were about to perform the wish...then something terrible happens to stop the wish from performing.

While Chloe is a harmless addition, I would have preferred the existing characters to share fairies with Timmy such as Tootie, AJ and Chester. The existing fanbase like these characters so it's just a missed opportunity. In fact this whole sharing thing is a missed opportunity. I don't mind Chloe, but she really doesn't bring anything exciting to the table that the past characters did (bar Sparky).

My ratings - Chloe addition 6/10. Episode itself 2/10.

To my surprise, Poof and Sparky didn't appear in this episode. But I think that's because Butch wanted to focus on just Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda for today's episode. This doesn't mean Poof and Sparky are gone for good, Poof was even seen in the modified intro. It's just weird that these two didn't appear or not even mentioned.

Speaking of the modified intro, as some of you already saw in Dejimon's post above that was shown in today's episode for the opening. As I said in the previous post above, it's most likely a one-off intro. The 95% of the sequences were taken from THIS episode, and Timmy wanted to share his fairies in the end. Therefore showing this intro throughout the season wouldn't make sense.

EDIT: Also another thing that bugged me in tonight's Fairly OddParents episode, is when the anti-fairies were loose and had their 2 minute screen time, why is Foop the only one talking to the main cast? Whatever happened to Anti-Cosmo and Wanda, Butch hellloooo??? They haven't appeared for over a season, perfect chance for them to have a cameo, but nope. You decided to choose only Foop. Which doesn't make a lot of sense because his opposite, Poof didn't appear in the episode! You didn't think this through properly, writers. 

Honestly, why couldn't Wanda or Cosmo become the fairy for Chloe? I mean honestly, why does Timmy need to share? He literally has three Fairy Godparents.

21 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Honestly, why couldn't Wanda or Cosmo become the fairy for Chloe? I mean honestly, why does Timmy need to share? He literally has three Fairy Godparents.

====

Because Cosmo and Wanda are married, and I personally wouldn't want Cosmo in any way to be my only fairy. They are the only couple that I know of in Fairy World that isn't anti, and the ONLY couple to have a baby. (Shows how Timmy is lucky)

Poof is still a baby, so he's not ready to handle things on his own without his parents.

Sparky isn't sensible either. The only sensible and responsible fairy Timmy has is Wanda.

So it makes sense that Timmy is probably the first godchild to share because of these reasons. However how they reached a fairy shortage is stupid and lazy from writers.

18 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

Because Cosmo and Wanda are married, and I personally wouldn't want Cosmo in any way to be my only fairy. They are the only couple that I know of in Fairy World that isn't anti, and the ONLY couple to have a baby. (Shows how Timmy is lucky)

Poof is still a baby, so he's not ready to handle things on his own without his parents.

Sparky isn't sensible either. The only sensible and responsible fairy Timmy has is Wanda.

So it makes sense that Timmy is probably the first godchild to share because of these reasons. However how they reached a fairy shortage is stupid.

Yeah, but considering it's Jorgan Von Strangle, I have high doubts he would actively give a shit about Cosmo's stupidity, especially if there really was a fairy shortage that would force them to share fairies. If it was really at that point, I honestly don't think you could be stupid enough to make people be picky about using you or not.

But you are right, the whole fairy shortage thing is stupid, considering they literally have the ability to turn any creature into a fairy if they really needed to, the short where Timmy wishes himself into a fairy, and Fairy Idol both show that any creature, even Norm can become a fairy, so the idea of a "fairy shortage" is rather stupid in of itself. 

Speaking of Fairy Idol, as I mentioned in the statuses, I just realized something. Danny Phantom's Ultimate Enemy special, and FOP's Channel Chasers special were both released around the same time, and both feature plots where the main character had turned into a villain and had a major hand in causing destruction for their whole town, Dark Danny in Danny Phantom, and the masked villain in Channel Chasers. Characters are then sent back that end up warning the younger version of themselves, Clockwork sending back future ghosts to attack Past Danny, and Future Timmy going back to attack Younger Timmy for instance. This then leads to a battle between the past/future versions of each other.

26 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Yeah, but considering it's Jorgan Von Strangle, I have high doubts he would actively give a shit about Cosmo's stupidity, especially if there really was a fairy shortage that would force them to share fairies. If it was really at that point, I honestly don't think you would be stupid enough to be picky.

But you are right, the whole fairy shortage thing is stupid, considering they literally have the ability to turn any creature into a fairy if they really needed to, the short where Timmy wishes himself into a fairy, and Fairy Idol both show that any creature, even Norm can become a fairy, so the idea of a "fairy shortage" is rather stupid in of itself. 

Speaking of Fairy Idol, as I mentioned in the statuses, I just realized something. Danny Phantom's Ultimate Enemy special, and FOP's Channel Chasers special were both released around the same time, and both feature plots where the main character had turned into a villain and had a major hand in causing destruction for their whole town, Dark Danny in Danny Phantom, and the masked villain in Channel Chasers. Characters are then sent back that end up warning the younger version of themselves, Clockwork sending back future ghosts to attack Past Danny, and Future Timmy going back to attack Younger Timmy for instance. This then leads to a battle between the past/future versions of each other.

Jorden acts stupid, looks stupid just like Boom Knuckles, but he isn't really stupid. He knows leaving Cosmo as a solo godparent will cause nothing but trouble to the earth. Cosmo is like a brainless kid and that's why he has to stay with Wanda. You can't leave him alone with a godkid...ever. There were even times before in previous episodes that Cosmo and Timmy were without Wanda and it ended up in great chaos that Cosmo couldn't fix. Wanda came later to the rescue. 

And why does he have to be picky when he can just force Timmy to share his fairy family. Done, sorted, move on to the next kid. Also Jorden knows how close Timmy, Cosmo and Wanda are together, it'll be heartbreaking and they will feel incomplete without them together as we have seen in past episodes.

We've seen episodes where Jorgan has recalled Cosmo destroying entire cities (and even being responsible for the sinking of Atlantis at one point, I think), so I think it's sufficient to say that Jorgan is aware of bad Cosmo is as a... well, anything, and how he'd need to have Wanda to balance him out.  It would seem kind of out of character with that in mind.

With that being said, though, it would provide some far more interesting character interactions and developments than if they were separated, not to mention be a startling change in status quo.  But we all know it could never happen.

• 2 weeks later...

So I watched the second episode of FOP. I can't believe it. I was wrong. That rubbish theme song is here to stay for the entire season. Butch, what are you thinking?

The episode is okay, it's certainly better than the first. However as usual, you'll find Timmy's dad who added nothing beneficial to the plot except making unfunny jokes. Oh and Crocker. Tired of these unfunny characters of Dad, Mom (even though she didn't appear) and Crocker.

Chloe? She's the focus of this episode....well sorta. Crocker, Catman and Timmy's dad sorta took over halfway through...I think for the first number of episodes, Chloe is going to encounter Timmy's old pals and foes for the first time.

But what stood out for me in this episode again is the disappearance of Poof and Sparky. Where are they? Not even mentioned. This is a worry. Okay, I'm glad Sparky's gone but at LEAST tell us why did he leave. But Poof? Poof's adorable and I just don't understand why Cosmo or Wanda didn't say any word about their own baby for two episodes now.

This kind of ruins the episodes for me, because it's like they are acting nothing happened, like Poof never existed - which doesn't make sense since we saw Foop in the opening episode of the season.

I almost forgot I had this thread open. I saw the first 2 season 10 episodes too. Kinda weird how they are sticking with the theme song though. You'd assume it's only for the special. Unless that is, Chloe's temporary. 

Now I don't have much to say for the show other than it is a small improvement. So far we haven't seen Sparky or Poof.. yet Foop is still here because?? Anyway, it's a little late where I live now so I can't think properly enough to write a full review but honestly, the episodes felt a bit boring. There wasn't anything too funny nor anything too offensive. It's like some of the new Spongebob episodes. It just exists because it's popular and to take up air time. 

One complaint I do have though is how much of a spoilt brat Timmy is in these episodes. Every time he's on screen he's just annoying, and his voice is really starting to irritate me. I get that the writers needed a conflict since he's sharing his fairies, but still. It could've been handled better. For instance, if they really wanted to separate Timmy and Chloe, they could have each get one fairy godparent. Within two episodes we could see how Timmy's wishes and life is affected by having only Cosmo or only Wanda (which I believe we've seen a few times in earlier seasons), and the same with Chloe. Maybe even have an entire episode focusing on just Chloe or just Timmy. Having both together and having Timmy always act like he does now will get tiring really fast. 

Edit: Wait I forgot to mention, now with Sparky and Poof gone, the writing feels like it's improved a bit. If they were included in the Chloe episodes, I feel the cast would've been way too crowded. But Poof is still in the opening song from what I remember, so that only further helps my current theory that Chloe is temporary. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Edit: Wait I forgot to mention, now with Sparky and Poof gone, the writing feels like it's improved a bit. If they were included in the Chloe episodes, I feel the cast would've been way too crowded. But Poof is still in the opening song from what I remember, so that only further helps my current theory that Chloe is temporary. 

Butch said Poof and Sparky are still part of the family, and he said he wants to focus on Chloe. So eventually Chloe is going to meet Sparky and Poof for the first time. Like in the recent episode, now she knows Crocker is a fairy hunter.

I used to like Mr. Crocker and Timmy's dad in the earlier seasons, now I hate them. The writers are shoehorning these two characters in to every episode to make unfunny jokes and slapsticks. We already have Cosmo for that.

Crocker was a fantastic villain to Timmy seasons ago, now he is a joke. It got to a point that I rather have Chloe from now on then seeing a peek of Crocker and Timmy's dad.

10 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

Butch said Poof and Sparky are still part of the family, and he said he wants to focus on Chloe. So eventually Chloe is going to meet Sparky and Poof for the first time. Like in the recent episode, now she knows Crocker is a fairy hunter.

Sooo, I take it this is supposed to be a slow re-introduction then? The only reason I can think of them doing this is to slowly reel in old fans that dropped out of the series. I guess only time will tell how this season will go on. Sadly, as we've seen it's not off to a great start. 

You know it's funny ever since they introduced poof the series for some reason keeps focusing on Timmy's dad(can we please give him a name?). In terms of characters have you noticed that we haven't seen Trixie and Tootie since season 7? I just find that to be jarring as hell. As for Chloe she really hasn't added anything for the table I don't hate her but I don't like her either. And her story doesn't make any sense. She speaks several different languages, she won a noble peace prize for being nice, she's friends with the president of the united states, she strong enough to judo flip Jorgan what the heck and everybody likes her because she helps them. But later the episode reveals that her helping people leads to disaster which is why nobody wants to be friends with her which contradicts everything that was just established especially when you take into consideration she made a great first impression with everybody at her school and she invited them to her house and she helped Timmy's dad become rich..er and his mom look stunning. Seriously Remmy Buckaplenty had a better reason to be miserable because his parents weren't around that's and interesting thing we never saw Chloe's parents. This show sometimes.