Jump to content
.   .

Nickelodeon Animation Discussion

Recommended Posts

You know, Fairly OddParents used to be one of my favorite Nick shows. Now it's been turned into...this. Why is the addition of a new character, a new MAIN character, necessary at this point? If changing the entire plot of your show is your way of keeping the show fresh, then you really need to rethink some things. And it's funny how they keep adding in characters when they've flanderized the hell out of the characters they already have.

 

35 minutes ago, Applejack1973 said:

Let's revive every 80s and 90s show.

Well, every 90's Nickelodeon show wasn't good...*cough Rocket Power cough*

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Clearly Butch Hartman and writers continuously run out of ideas. Get Butch out of the writers please. Next week's episode "Mayor May Not" is another episode focusing on Timmy's dad. To heck with Timmy's dad. I seriously think FOP is on a tight budget. Reusing the boring unfunny characters (Dad and Crocker huge offenders) over and over, disappearance of Poof and Sparky...

I don't think anybody has said this yet, but Timmy has become an asshole in these first two episodes. Selfish, rude and unlikable. What have the writers done to Timmy? Are they trying so hard to make us like Chloe more?

Also, Chloe Carmichael so reminds me of Susie Carmichael from the Rugrats/All Grown Up. They virtually have the same name (same surname), both goody-goody two shoes, generally well liked by the public, best grades in their education...only Susie is a well written character over Chloe at the moment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

Clearly Butch Hartman and writers continuously ran out of ideas. Get Butch out of the writers please. Next week's episode "Mayor May Not" is another episode focusing on Timmy's dad. To heck with Timmy's dad. I seriously think FOP is on a tight budget. Reusing the boring unfunny characters (Dad and Crocker huge offenders) over and over, disappearance of Poof and Sparky...

I don't think anybody has said this yet, but Timmy has become an asshole in these first two episodes. Selfish, rude and unlikable. What have the writers done to Timmy?

Also, Chloe Carmichael so reminds me of Susie Carmichael from the Rugrats/All Grown Up. They virtually have the same name (same surname), both goody-goody two shoes, generally well liked by the public, best grades in their education...only Susie is a well written character over Chloe at the moment.

I'm pretty sure that's the entire point. They're trying to make Chloe into Butch's pet so to speak, and by doing so, they need to make Timmy look like the biggest prick ever in order to make Chloe look so much more better and perfect in comparison.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, Ming Ming Yuigahama said:

Clearly Butch Hartman and writers continuously run out of ideas. Get Butch out of the writers please. Next week's episode "Mayor May Not" is another episode focusing on Timmy's dad. To heck with Timmy's dad. I seriously think FOP is on a tight budget. Reusing the boring unfunny characters (Dad and Crocker huge offenders) over and over, disappearance of Poof and Sparky...

I don't think anybody has said this yet, but Timmy has become an asshole in these first two episodes. Selfish, rude and unlikable. What have the writers done to Timmy? Are they trying so hard to make us like Chloe more?

Also, Chloe Carmichael so reminds me of Susie Carmichael from the Rugrats/All Grown Up. They virtually have the same name (same surname), both goody-goody two shoes, generally well liked by the public, best grades in their education...only Susie is a well written character over Chloe at the moment.

Well if you want to be technical Tiimmy was showing shades of being an asshole in previous seasons(and it became prominent in Jimmy/Timmy 3) now that they introduced Chloe they're just going all out. Though I will admit was a little nicer in this current episode near the end. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Eeeeeeeh.

I'm sure I'll be alone on this, I don't really blame Timmy for his actions in the episode (I haven't watched the second one).

I mean, the poor kid had to be genuinely miserable for a chunk of his life to get his fairies, with a murderous babysitter, parents so neglectful they forget to feed him, an insane teacher and absolutely miserable grades, and constant bullying alongside having very few friends. Chloe's problems amount to "One person doesn't like her, and occasionally she messes up but no one actually cares when she does", yet she gets fairies. I'd be monumentally ticked off, too. And his actions did just amount to trying to not let her have fairies, it's not like he actually hurt her.

Not that I'm saying he took the right actions, just that I see where he was coming from and have a hard time disliking him over it.

Then again I'm not exactly a fan of the character, so I'm not an unbiased source.

 

Unless we're talking about some other act of meanness. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

I'm pretty sure that's the entire point. They're trying to make Chloe into Butch's pet so to speak, and by doing so, they need to make Timmy look like the biggest prick ever in order to make Chloe look so much more better and perfect in comparison.

I think Timmy is the new Angelica. But I like Angelica unlike this S10 Timmy so...

On February 5th, Girly Squirrely will be airing. Chloe joins the Squirrely Scouts. Now this would be a perfect opportunity to see more Chester, AJ, Elmer and Sanjay but I'm going to take that this episode focuses on Timmy's dad and probably Chloe too because of the episode title. So it will be like the Dimmsdale Tales episode, Timmy, the fairies, Timmy's dad (and Chloe) will be doing all the talking while the rest of the scouts don't say a word. Or not appear at all.

And March 4th, we are going to see the Return of the L.O.S.E.R.S.! You know the sequel to When Losers Attack episode, when Crocker formed a group containing Foop, Dark Laser & Vicky to destroy Timmy? But remember at the end of that episode, Vicky left the group and Timmy's dad "joined?"

So more of Crocker and Timmy's dad guaranteed in that episode! Can't wait!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Shouldn't Chloe be a Creampuff instead of a Squirrely Scout? You could actually probably make a fairly interesting plot out of the two being in separate troops that keep running into separate problems so Cosmo and Wanda need to keep popping back and forth and ultimately can't help with everything.

Them being in the same group seems like it's kind of squashing potential a bit. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Shouldn't Chloe be a Creampuff instead of a Squirrely Scout? You could actually probably make a fairly interesting plot out of the two being in separate troops that keep running into separate problems so Cosmo and Wanda need to keep popping back and forth and ultimately can't help with everything.

Them being in the same group seems like it's kind of squashing potential a bit. 

I really think its budget cuts.

Yes Chloe should be with the Sugar Cream Puffs, but then that means they'll have to animate Mom, Tootie and several unknowns...(on top of Timmy, dad, fairies etc.)

For some reason Butch doesn't like to put Tootie in the series anymore. We haven't seen her for seasons.

Plus, here's the most important thing - if she goes to Cream Puffs = less of seeing Timmy's dad, which Butch doesn't want.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Let's bump this shall we?

You all know that Nick is looking to revive Hey Arnold as a TV movie right? That's not the only thing they're looking to bring back.

http://variety.com/2016/tv/news/nickelodeon-legends-of-the-hidden-temple-hey-arnold-2016-tv-upfront-1201719422/

That's right; Legends of the Hidden Temple is getting a movie of its own. Live action that is, which makes perfect sense after all. Expect Olmec, Temple Guards and hopefully the SHRRRRIIIIIINE OF THE SIIIIILVUUUUUR MONNNNNKEEEEEEEEEEE to make an appearance as well. I loved watching this on GAS back in the day (is 12-13 years or so ago back in the day) so I'm looking forward to how they handle the series' notable quirks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Correction, TWO Hey Arnold TV movies! 

Honestly, at this point they might as well make it a cinematic film, like they intended. 40 minutes is the average TV movie so two could easily be an 80 minute feature film. Ah well. I'm not sure if it was confirmed that the TV movie(s) will be the once scrapped Jungle Movie, but from the looks of the concept art, I'm pretty sure it's a safe bet at this point. 

I heard the news about the Hidden Temple movie too and.. er.. it's odd. I mean, I liked watching it as a kid. In fact, it was the only Nick game show to make it on Greek television so I never had exposure to other ones until last year actually. But still, I don't see why they'd make a movie... It just sorta screams nostalgia pandering. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Dejimon11 said:

What the hell are they going to do with Legends of the Hidden Temple? It's a game show not something that would make a movie.

Well I think the format of Legends can be made into a movie based on the materials it has going for it. 

  • Group of people 
  • Mysterious temple
  • danger and secrets within

Its basically going to be Indiana Jones: Nickelodeon Edition. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Rocko special is looking pretty good and in spirit of the original so I'm quite excited for that. I think my only complaint is how weird it feels seeing the animation done digitally. And that will go away after I get used to it. Tom Kenny also sounds more like Zeke from Billy Dilley than Heffer. But it's not too far off anyway, still a good performance. 

Kinda surprised we didn't see at least some rough animation for Hey Arnold since it's coming out first. Been curious to see what it looks like in motion. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ElectricAngel said:

The Rocko special is looking pretty good and in spirit of the original so I'm quite excited for that. I think my only complaint is how weird it feels seeing the animation done digitally. And that will go away after I get used to it. Tom Kenny also sounds more like Zeke from Billy Dilley than Heffer. But it's not too far off anyway, still a good performance. 

Kinda surprised we didn't see at least some rough animation for Hey Arnold since it's coming out first. Been curious to see what it looks like in motion. 

Well, it's old, but likely gonna be in the movie. Here's the original animation for the Jungle Movie.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Ryannumber1gamer said:

Well, it's old, but likely gonna be in the movie. Here's the original animation for the Jungle Movie.

 

Yeah I've seen that but I don't know if they'll go with animation that smooth. Since this is now a TV project I'm assuming the budget will be much smaller. If they do manage to get beautiful animation like that it'll be great. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, ElectricAngel said:

Yeah I've seen that but I don't know if they'll go with animation that smooth. Since this is now a TV project I'm assuming the budget will be much smaller. If they do manage to get beautiful animation like that it'll be great. 

I'm hoping for the best personally. Rocko looks so good and in-character with it's usual animation, so I'm hopeful that The Jungle Movie might attempt to emulate the animation style of the original movie.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, antyep said:

Well I don't know if anyone knew but....

AND THIS!!!

 

These just need to come out right now! My hype meter is off the charts!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, Ryannumber1gamer said:

MY HYPE IS RISING, OVERFLOWING

Haha, it's nice to see that damn near every character that's showed up throughout the series is here including one shot ones like lockjaw and pigeon man. And jesus, they carried him all the way to Notre Dame?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

You must read and accept our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy to continue using this website. We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.