Awoo.

To those who haven't picked a next-Gen console yet (like myself), which one are you getting?

kdotj24

I was gonna get a Wii U, but with the whole deal with the NX, I'm starting to feel like it wouldn't get as many games, and I'd only enjoy a few of them (StarFox, the Mario games, Zelda, Shovel Knight, and maybe Splatoon). After this E3, I really want an Xbox One/PC combo. There's tons of Xbox One games I want (ReCore, Ori and the Blind Forest, Sunset Overdrive, Rare Replay, etc.), AND I can keep my 360 games (I'd most likely have to trade in my 360), and possibly even my OG Xbox games! The PC would be for the Steam library, but mainly for Shenmue 3, as Shenmue 2 is my favorite game of all time.

What are you guys getting?

Having owned a 360 for the last 9 years or so, I'm gonna go with a PS4 this time. I was seduced by the white version 

2559331-5696274546-white.jpg

<3 Gorgeous.

The thing is, whilst I've enjoyed my 360, when I look back at the number of games I've owned for it, I don't think it's really that many and I question whether I got my money's worth. I remember whenever I'd go play on my friend's PS3 with him, a part of me would feel like I was missing out on things like Ratchet & Clank, Little Big Planet, Journey and most recently PT. I had a PS1 as a kid so I'd love to replay all the Spyro and Crash Bandicoot games as well, which as I understand are available on the PSN.

So with that in mind, I think it's time I went back to the Playstation. I think it's library of games will cater more towards my taste than Xbox will, based on previous experience.

I'm not in any rush at the moment though, I'm quite happy with my Wii U. I imagine I'll get a PS4 when the next multiplatform Sonic is on the way.

PS4 because of it's exclusives. I have played Playstation consoles since PS1 as a kid and I love franchaises like Uncharted, inFamous, Killzone and LittleBigPlanet. Also the controller is great to me. I will get it in autumn when Fallout 4 comes out because my PC isn't good enough to play new triple-a games but I sometimes play older PC games on it.

And if WiiU will sometime get price-drop I would also consider picking that up. It depends on many things, for example the future of Sonic-games in home consoles.

There is absolutely no point in getting a Wii U at all when Nintendo are going to announce the NX at next year's E3.

• Thumbs Up 1

There is absolutely no point in getting a Wii U at all when Nintendo are going to announce the NX at next year's E3.

As there are still many playing legacy systems thanks to hard-hitting classic titles (such as Super Smash Bros Melee), I must disagree. Though the NX is coming, a respectable stable of launch titles isn't likely to accompany that. I still remember rushing out to Walmart in the late hours of the night to get in line for a PS4 at launch. Oh, the fun I had with all... one... of my games. A first person shooter (the genre I enjoy the least), at that. I could have purchased Knack, but... the reviews weren't really too promising on that one.

Recalling the difficulty that Nintendo had with the transition to HD, I'm led to wonder how they'll cope with even greater increases in development costs and hardware strength.

• Thumbs Up 2

They said nx wont replace the wii u

• Thumbs Up 1

It's super unlikely that i'll even get a console, but if I somehow can then i'll get the PS4 just to play Bloodborne and Yakuza 0/Ishin (also because in my country Xbones and WiiUs don't exist)

As there are still many playing legacy systems thanks to hard-hitting classic titles (such as Super Smash Bros Melee), I must disagre 

Why the hell would he want to buy a next gen console to play past gen/legacy games? It's like saying "I really want a Vita so I can play PSP games!"

Seriously, if you're going to buy a next gen console, you buy it in the hope it's either going to be supported/last for a number of years, you don't buy it so you can play past gen titles or so it becomes a legacy system after a couple of years.

They said nx wont replace the wii u

"We have an Unprecedented Partnership" --- EA before they cancelled all their games on the Wii U.

"Don't knock out the Wii U just yet." --- Sega before all their Wii U exclusive games bombed on the Wii U.

"Here is the new Zelda Wii U game" --- Nintendo... before they mysteriously delayed the game to next year... when news of the NX is due. Oh this one will come to the Wii U, but it's almost certainly going to be a cross platform title.

... In fact pretty much all third party studios have abandoned the Wii U after previously saying they would support it. 

Also don't forget how Nintendos release schedule for the Wii U this year and next is utterly pathetic, there is nothing coming for it except Amiibos, the last direct was nothing but DLC content for first party Wii U games and 3DS support. 

Who seriously believes this 'it won't replace the Wii U' line? 

It really isn't about playing next-gen titles, so much as it is that an existing platform has a relatively decent and still-relevant collection of titles to play already, the price of the system itself sure to be far less than a competing machine that has yet to come into its own right. That, coupled with continuing support from Nintendo themselves, makes it as worthy a purchase as the new hardware, at least initially. Buying in early to a system whose future is uncertain is a mistake I've made sure not to repeat since my time with the PlayStation Vita. And given the relative drought of games for basically all new platforms launched in recent memory, I probably wouldn't buy into any of them less than a year and a half out of the gate anyway.

I do know that Smash 4 and Splatoon make the U a worthy purchase in my eyes. What I don't know is if the NX will provide me with any titles worthy of the same praise as the previous two anytime soon (or anything about the NX at all, for that matter).

Now's a good time to get a Wii U, especially due to the popularity that Smash, Splatoon, and to a lesser extent MK8 are enjoying. We still have plenty of major titles coming soon, such as Super Mario Maker, Xenoblade X, Star Fox Zero, and Woolly World if you're American. SMM is looking to be the game of the year for me; I was barely interested in it at first until its showing at the NWC where I and countless other people had fallen in love with it.

We also don't know if the NX is backwards compatible. If Nintendo is serious about putting out another console that can place itself alongside its competitors once more, then PowerPC and the gamepad are things they would surely have to drop support for, especially since they refuse to sell gamepad replacements. Last I checked, the Wii U is the cheapest of the big three consoles out now, and it has an extremely rich line-up of first party titles that has more than justified my purchase at this point. If you like Nintendo games, you can't go wrong with it.

Edited by Sean
  • Thumbs Up 6

I'm pretty sure Playstation 4, Wii U and Xbox One are "current gen" now, not "next gen".

Anyway, I have no interest in getting any of them, but if I had to choose, I'd go for PS4 seeing as it's the most popular and has the most games, IIRC.

Edited by Diesel

Playstation 4. I'm much more drawn to its lineup of games(until dawn hell yeah!), and Kingdom Hearts 3(which will to me feel much better playing on a Sony system lol). I'm not really interested at all in the Xbox One outside of Sunset Overdrive and Halo 5. Lot of JRPG's that I wanna check out that will be on ps4. 

Truth be told, I haven't been paying much attention to What's the LATEST AND GREATEST shiny new thing this Generation.. =/ Then again, I'm nowhere near done clearing my backlog either.. =/

That being said, though, I think I want the WiiU. Seems so far it's got the most must-play exclusives. Also, POKKEN. POKEMON FIGHTING GAME. YESYESYES.

To be honest, the only thing swaying me to get the XBone or the PS4 is Kingdom Hearts 3.

The last home console that I ever owned was the Nintendo Gamecube but sold it due to financial problems. For this generation of consoles I am leaning towards the PS4 for a number of reasons: First is that I already use a Dualshock 4 on my PC so my muscle memory is already familiar with the layout, another reason is the number of exclusive games that are available on it that interest me, finally it is because it is region free that I can play blu-rays/dvd's from other regions as well as games from other regions so I don't have to shell out even more cash just to import a system that plays import games.

The PS4 for tradition's sake. I had all the PlayStation home consoles. The PS1 is my favorite console of all times, not only a big part of my childhood, but a introduction to my favorite games and franchises. It's the one I had most fun playing ^^ The PS2 had great games too and I had lot of fun with it aswell. The PS3, which I own right now, is still proving itself, but I can't discuss it's quality, especially exclusives, I love Uncharted, The Last of Us, GoW, and so on. It's also a very usefull thingy, as I use Netflix and Crunchyroll daily. Not to mention free online play. So yeah, when the time is right, I'll go with the PS4.

( because in my country Xbones and WiiUs don't exist)

I agree that Xbones should not be sold in Indonesia, or the government won't be happy because it will cause the electricity crisis there.

It doesn't matter that WiiUs don't exist in Indonesia, but I already bought one in Singapore last year. Sometimes, I don't want to see any content that contains spoilers.

I'll wait for PS4 Slim or buy the current model someday.