Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed

Eternal EX

I know that, but you are obviously desperate by saying the Wii version is better then the PS2 version. That's like saying a dumb person is smarter then a even dumber person.

Uh.. Shad won that arguement. Anyways 360 version pwns wii/ps2 version soo :P :P :P :P

Edited by SHADIC360©

I have the PS2 version of the game. I'd say it's pretty good, ranking above Sonic Riders and Heroes, but ranks under Sonic Adventure. (In terms of 3D games)

The graphics are sub-par and could have been touched up a little. The Daytime levels are short thrill rides with a small variety of shortcuts. Nighttime levels are decent, but are a bit too easy in terms of the fighting. Also The Great Aqueduct is pure evil.

I recently played the 360 version at Target which only had Apotos Act 1-2. The level felt like it had much more things to do, and didn't feel like you spent most of your time on an empty path. I absolutely loved the graphics even though the TV made everything a tad grainier. I really want to play it again because I was sick and a tad bit dizzy when I first played it. D:

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I played the demo of Unleashed 360 at a local gamestop and to be honest, whats so great? Turning is slippery, There was WAY TO FEW enemys, HA is fine, jumping feels slow when you go foward, Boosting is fine(Should of made it like the Wii/PS2 ver though, it gives a limited and much more fun experience), And it felt to slow, the Blur made it LOOK fast, but it wasn't really fast, and the worst, TOO MANY BUTTONS! I understand the 360 has alot of buttons, but the 2 other sholder buttons aren't used besides QTE, I enjoy few buttons but they should of just left out those 2 shoulder buttons. I know it gets better on the way, but come on! Honestly, im mixed with this. I found the Wii ver better in lvl design(sides platforming) and other things. Not saying though its a must buy, oh no. Its still good and worth the $50-60, the Wii ver is also a must buy, so im still mixed. My friend has the PS3 ver. So when I go there again, I'll try the other lvls.

OK, I played the demo of Unleashed 360 at a local gamestop and to be honest, whats so great? Turning is slippery, There was WAY TO FEW enemys, HA is fine, jumping feels slow when you go foward, Boosting is fine(Should of made it like the Wii/PS2 ver though, it gives a limited and much more fun experience), And it felt to slow, the Blur made it LOOK fast, but it wasn't really fast, and the worst, TOO MANY BUTTONS! I understand the 360 has alot of buttons, but the 2 other sholder buttons aren't used besides QTE, I enjoy few buttons but they should of just left out those 2 shoulder buttons. I know it gets better on the way, but come on! Honestly, im mixed with this. I found the Wii ver better in lvl design(sides platforming) and other things. Not saying though its a must buy, oh no. Its still good and worth the $50-60, the Wii ver is also a must buy, so im still mixed. My friend has the PS3 ver. So when I go there again, I'll try the other lvls.

The 2 shoulder buttons you mentioned that are used in the QTE(LB and RB) are used in gameplay, they are used for side stepping left and right when running. The trigger buttons(LT and RT) can be used for drifting instead of holding analogue stick left/right and B. I agree drifting isn't as accurate as in the Wii/PS2 version. No matter how well I time my drifts in the Xbox 360/PS3 version I never make it round the turn properly/fall off the edge.

The 2 shoulder buttons you mentioned that are used in the QTE(LB and RB) are used in gameplay, they are used for side stepping left and right when running. The trigger buttons(LT and RT) can be used for drifting instead of holding analogue stick left/right and B. I agree drifting isn't as accurate as in the Wii/PS2 version. No matter how well I time my drifts in the Xbox 360/PS3 version I never make it round the turn properly/fall off the edge.

OK, I didn't use Quick Step, but i just gave my opinion(didn't want anyone to kill me for saying this). Still, I love the boost in the other version. It gives the more "YOU CAN'T CONTROL SUPER FAST GAMEPLAY IN VIDEO GAMES!" Which I like. In Rush, it made sence because it was 2D, but 3D, meh.

I have both the Wii and 360 versions of Unleashed, and I'd have to say I like them pretty equally. I felt that the Wii version had the better night levels (That one is Chun-nan where you go up a waterfall is great), a better Eggmanland, a little bit tighter controls, and a much better final boss fight, whereas the 360 version had the continuous boost, the hub worlds (and thus, the side missions), and the collectible Sun and Moon medals in the levels (I really like things like that).

That's the biggest lie I have read in a long time. The control does feel slippery at first but it's much better that way once you get used to it, the rest of your post is a bunch of BS. It almost sounds like something Hillary from IGN would type up.

Edited by ShadikatRawr

I can never understand people liking the Wii version over the 360 version, I just don't get it. While I have never played the Wii version, videos I've seen make it look extremely boring and unpolished, while the 360 version not only looks tons better, the controls feel great and I can't really imagine it playing any better on the Wii.

I can never understand people liking the Wii version over the 360 version, I just don't get it. While I have never played the Wii version, videos I've seen make it look extremely boring and unpolished, while the 360 version not only looks tons better, the controls feel great and I can't really imagine it playing any better on the Wii.

I have to agree with this. I have the Wii version and the 360 version, and every time I go back to playing the Wii version to see if I like it a little bit more than before, I always remember why I didn't like it the first time and I just go back to the 360 to cheer me up. This is my opinion on what's bad about the Wii version.

-It's bland

-Levels that are full of rich colours on the 360 version are somehow dull on the Wii

-It's empty

-The boost system is fucked up

-Sonic controls awkwardly

-WAY too many Werehog levels

-Werehog levels are WAY too long

-Werehog also controls awkwardly

Daytime comparison examples:

Spagonia: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-EW7uykhRvs...feature=related

Shamar: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87M4cnBPZT0...feature=related

(Note: From what I can tell, the light/dark balance on the Wii video is fine, but the 360 video is waaaay too dark, that's just the video or TV, not the game)

Of course that's all just opinion, but I'm backing up Solid SOAP when I say that I also can't understand people prefering the Wii over 360. Especially after seeing those videos. Personally I think it would've been a better choice to port the 360 over to the Wii.

Really damages my opinion of videogame reviewers as well...

Edited by ENVY16

It's simple actually.

1. They don't own a 360 or PS3 so they'll say anything to justify their purchase.

2. The 360 one was harder than your average Hannah Montana game so they gave up.

^ I never said that though. I said both versions deserve a buy. I just thought turning felt a little slippery and other things. I never tried the Werehog yet though.

That's the biggest lie I have read in a long time. The control does feel slippery at first but it's much better that way once you get used to it, the rest of your post is a bunch of BS. It almost sounds like something Hillary from IGN would type up.

Are you seriously trying to make it sound like slippery controls are better? You're get used to a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

And I love the way you're telling people what to like. As opinionated (Actually, I'm just always right) as I am, I don't do that.

Are you seriously trying to make it sound like slippery controls are better? You're get used to a problem that shouldn't be there in the first place.

And I love the way you're telling people what to like. As opinionated (Actually, I'm just always right) as I am, I don't do that.

Everything is an opinion. Like slippery controls, I don't find them slippery...except on ice where I'm meant to slip and slide.

Never found them slipper at all, took to them quite quickly.

The only thing that works better controls wise in the Wii version is the drift. I own both, yes the drift in the Wii version is much better.

Edited by speedfreak

Exactly. I felt Sonic to control near perfectly on 360/PS3, but the Wii version had him playing like a Supersonic Brick. Contrastingly, the Werehog was like a bar of soap in the Wii game.

Exactly. I felt Sonic to control near perfectly on 360/PS3, but the Wii version had him playing like a Supersonic Brick. Contrastingly, the Werehog was like a bar of soap in the Wii game.

And heres my opinion of the Werehog being slippery(Even though its so easy to control), Werehog was never meant to be fast so He's slippery. Its not much, but its enough.

Everything is an opinion. Like slippery controls, I don't find them slippery...except on ice where I'm meant to slip and slide.

Never found them slipper at all, took to them quite quickly.

Not slippery? What about the way screeching does fuck all? Actually I don't even know if you can call it screeching because it sounds like Sonic's shoes have felt soles. If you build up any speed at all, you can barely turn without the drift. That's more of a case of being unresponsive than slippery, but the point is they're pretty bad. You barely ever have to turn though, because the stage does all those things for you. It's pretty responsive for accelerating, though that doesn't make avoiding the cheap hits/deaths any easier.

I got both wii and 360 version

For me in long terms the wii version is far more memorable and has a big place in my heart.

There is something about the controls and something about the game that i like. It feels weird at first as stated above(the 360 version was far worse with the weirdness) but when used to it, it feels smooth, the turns feel nice, the drift move is far more better and feels nice.. i really dont know.

Level design is easy i know but i can imagine a far more polished wii version with harder stages like eggmanland... i mean this is where i really thought i was playing an awesome sonic game that i havent played for long.. this feeling shouldve been through the whole game. Too bad they didn't care much about it.

Werehog stages were more fun,, the werehog stages had more atmosfeer. This makes me think about chun nan at the big waterfall, i hope someone knows what im talking about. Something like that is nowhere in the 360 version. Or adabat.. adabat night is beautifull in the wii version.

Sonic stages feel more sonic in the wii version

Eggmanland was far more awesome on the wii but that is because it was a whole sonic day stage.

It's something hard to describe.. although i love the 360 version, i got more love for the wii version. I know for sure if the wii version had more day levels it would easily be much better than the 360 version.

Edited by Jaouad

Since this wii vs 360 conversation isn't going anywhere, can we change subjects a little? I mean yes wii had it's UPs and Downs ( i say more Downs than Ups) and same goes for 360, (my missing shamar level?) but both games are better than freakin black knight, secret rings and OMG 06.

Anyways, I tried the wii version at my friends house and here is my short summary. ( i only played one stage plus the adventure area.) Sonic/nighthog are both fairly ehh in controls. I didnt have trouble with the once stage I played. The adventure area wasnt great. Hell I think it sucked. I kept going back to the starting menu when I was trying to change continents (maybe it was because they didnt get very far?) I missed walking around in the 360 compared to clickin a person and reading -_- lame as crap.

NOW for the level. It was sonic vs the giant robo chaser. At first it was okay since I knew it was going to be an easy task. But it took forever to get rings and the robo was SOOOO predictable. And I hated getting rings boosting and not being able to stay in boost mode. I beat the chaser fairly fast. Then it was time for the final stretch. Swear I pressed the boost button like 6 times, that was sooo annoying. I get to the Giant ring and decide to test out the drift. -_- I saw absolutely no difference in the 360drift and Wii drift.

Heh, I just saw this funny SU review Here.

I lol'd. See, sonic is beloved in the eyes of the children. ^_^

ME AND SHADOW GIVE IT AN 9

Reminds me of when I was a kid. :)

-The boost system is fucked up

-Sonic controls awkwardly

I would like to point out that these two points are opinions. I did feel that the 360 version was the better version overall, but I think both the boost AND the controls in the Wii version were fine. I guess it's a matter of being accustomed to one over the other.

Edited by OvErLoRd

I'm almost certain that the Wii version reviewers are just less critical against the Wii version for the sole reason that, even for a downgraded version, it's still pretty good, and it makes better use of the Wii's capabilities than the 360/PS3 version does for it's respective consoles. As a single game, with no outside context such as console differences and space issues, Unleashed PS360 is better on most counts.