Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed

Eternal EX

360's drift takes way too long to actually make you start turning, it forces you to instead of learning how to use the drift into just learning the turn in point.

I haven't tried the Wii version, but it's drift just looks like a sharper turn, which makes me question "Why not just add the extra turning ability to Sonic's base turning ability instead of making it it's own thing?"

Ehh, it's another facet of how Sonic is a slave to momentum in this game. 06 had none, and that didn't work at all, but they went way too far in the other direction, and now he can barely turn at all.

You just suck at games if you can't drift right in the 360 version. PRACTICE, and don't ever go playing any non Sonic Team actual SEGA(not the shovelware) games, you would die, they are much harder then drifting in Sonic Unleashed 360.

Take your fanaticism somewhere else.

Edited by Phos

I actually find Sonic's drift on the Wii a little too tight, I end up crashing into walls all the time. I prefer the 360's anyway. Something more satisfying about using a trigger to do it. Maybe I'm just used to it because I play that version more often.

I've never had a problem with it anyway. You barely need to use it outside of bonus levels on the 360 anyhow. The single turn near the start of Empire City is the only place where failure results in death, and I just took that bit slow the first time anyhow.

The trick is to start turning a half-second before you hold the drift button down, and then you'll get a decent tightness to it.

I've never had a problem with it anyway. You barely need to use it outside of bonus levels on the 360 anyhow. The single turn near the start of Empire City is the only place where failure results in death, and I just took that bit slow the first time anyhow.

The trick is to start turning a half-second before you hold the drift button down, and then you'll get a decent tightness to it.

Yeah, once you figure that out there is no problem at all. Though if you are coming off the Wii version, it is much more of a daunting conversion. You come in expecting the drift to get you out of the tight spaces and get frustrated by how different the mechanics are. You pick up the Wii drift just about instantly, while the PS360 one takes some talent.

Its actually quite appropriate when you consider the differences in difficulty between the two.

That being said I heavily prefer the button layout for controlling the drift and quick step on the PS3 pad (especially the QS).

You just suck at games if you can't drift right in the 360 version. PRACTICE, and don't ever go playing any non Sonic Team actual SEGA(not the shovelware) games, you would die, they are much harder then drifting in Sonic Unleashed 360.

Nope that is not it. Im actually pretty good at drifting,, yes that is me. Someone like my 12 year old cousin would frustrate himself into the screen.. now we dont want a 12 year old do that.

Bits like the skyscraper act 1 where you have to drift so perfectly you dont fall of.

or the mazuri act where its all about drifting

that isnt polished.. That is like them saying here this stage is made for the drifting, we know its a bit unpolished but only the real die hard can do this so fuck you ahahahah

wii drift feels nice and in future games id rather see them taking it from the wii version

WII FTW

Edited by Jaouad

• 1 month later...

I found the day stages on the Wii impossible to pass well at first. I hated them. I loved the night stages, because I love beat-em-up games. At first, I would have said 4/10 day, 9/10 night.

But...

I got a lot better at the day stages, and now they're ridiculous fun. I play them over and over. The night stages I still love, but I only played them again to get items, because they were pretty long to play for the heck of it.

I still love beat-em-up.

Plus, I don't see the problem with Chip. He's adorable.

Day: 8/10

Night: 8/10

I found the day stages on the Wii impossible to pass well at first. I hated them. I loved the night stages, because I love beat-em-up games. At first, I would have said 4/10 day, 9/10 night.

But...

I got a lot better at the day stages, and now they're ridiculous fun. I play them over and over. The night stages I still love, but I only played them again to get items, because they were pretty long to play for the heck of it.

I still love beat-em-up.

You would probably both love and hate the 360 version intensely. The day stages are harder on the 360 as they have more platforming and obstacles in them, whereas the night stages are much LESS platformy and have a much more fleshed out combat system than the Wii version (there's something like, 40 or so combos in the game and a good few cinematic quick-time-event finishing moves too).

• 2 weeks later...

Three days ago, since I had this game in December I finally platinum this game on the PS3. The hot dog missions were a pain in an ass to me and f**k, I needed a LOT of practice in Eggmanland. Failed like 300 times until recently I beat it without dying....and I can do the other hot dog missions easily...it's just Eggmanland. =/

Bought it after awhile.

I have a dislike for the Moon and Sun Medals. Its is a pain to collect and it slows down the game a bit too much at times. The Werehog isn't a serious pain but everything about him is repetitive, the battle music, the moves and the stages seem way too much of the same but the Boss Battles were ok.

The day stages are alright but the difficulty is a bit annoying at times and kind of ruins the fun in stages when they go over the edge and I still haven't made it to Eggmanland and I am not looking forward to fighting the final boss and his high difficulty.

I did notice the framerate drops too.

PS3 Version btw.

Edited by Shade737

I got Sonic Unleashed for the 360 and Wii, and believe me, they're very different. THe Xbox 360 version was easiest though, but Eggmanland took me about an hour to do! The Wii took a bunch of lives and about 10 minutes of my life, but they were both fun and hard. The last level on the 360 took about 9 minutes and the Wii bugged the snot out of me, it was too hard. But I made it!

But...

I still love beat-em-up.

Tell me, what's it like in Bizarroworld? Y'know, the world where everything is the reverse of what's here?

I guess this shows that both Unleashed games have their strengths and flaws. The 360 version with its awful Sun and Moon medal collecting, and the Wii version with the unfair amount of Werehog stages. =]

Which reminds me (again), I need to get the 360 version soon. -w-;

I'd rather collect medals WHILE I'm playing the game, than sit through 10,000 consecutive Werehog stages. And to be honest, the medals aren't difficult to find 99% of the time. What you'll struggle with is the bonus content.

I don't think the Sun and Moon Medal collecting ITSELF is bad. The problem is that you -need- to collect the Sun/Moon Medals to progress in the game. If it was only for getting unlockable extras and not opening up the stages further on in the game, I don't think it would be as bad and people wouldn't hate it as much.

I'd rather collect medals WHILE I'm playing the game, than sit through 10,000 consecutive Werehog stages. And to be honest, the medals aren't difficult to find 99% of the time. What you'll struggle with is the bonus content.

Actually, Some Missions/Extra Missions make the ratio fair.

No, they don't. You have to play through several full length Werehog stages (which are longer than Hedgehog stages) to progress, whereas you need to play through only 1 Sonic stage and one or two short missions.

It's true. Even after unlocking every Wii Day stage (which requires nothing less than like, 98% completion), there are still more unique Werehog stages than there are Day ones.

^ And yet critics have a thing against the Werehog, but still give a higher rank to the game with more Werehog levels. :huh: [/semisarcasm]

Edited by VirgoTheCougar

Also, would you want one 20-30+ min Werehog lvl each in the Wii version or (In total) less then 18-22 min werehog levels? Im not trying to push things down peoples throats but still.

^ And yet critics have a thing against the Werehog, but still give a higher rank to the game with more Werehog levels. :huh: [/semisarcasm]

When has IGN ever done the hedgehog any justice? (post DC era)

Well, I felt they were pretty generous when it came to Secret Rings and Sonic Battle. Can't think of much else, though I still find it hilarious that they insulted their own staff in the SA2B review.

When has IGN ever done the hedgehog any justice? (post DC era)

Well they did give Sonic Heroes an 8 rating...the Gamecube version that is.

Then they suddenly started hating on it. Except for the handhelds. >.>