Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed

Eternal EX

I can see the eggman game but I can not tell what the other thing says. It kinda looks like BIG but it is really hard to tell.

It looks more to me like NiGHTS Into Dreams

Actually, it's NiGHTS Journey of Dreams.

Is that for real? Because if it is, it's awesome.

Do you guys remember the two Dreamcast cameos in Sonic unleashed? Well, i'm not sure if any of you knew that, but there are two discs near the Dreamcast and i actually know what they are!

The first one is "Sonic adventure" with Eggman on the cover for some mysterious reason and the second disc is .. Well, you better see for yourself!

sonicunleasheddreamcast.th.png

sonicunleasheddreamcast.th.png

16867815.jpg

Whoa, that's a good find! :blink: I had never spotted those before!

Loving the Sonic Adventure game with the Dr Eggman cover (if only they really had made an Eggman Adventure!) but NiGHTS Journey of Dreams? That's a bit of an odd choice... especially as it wasn't even on Dreamcast. Very strange, but a nice reference nevertheless.

I'd rather he had been playing Sonic Shuffle though. I mean, someone has got to give that game a bit of love! :P

A-ha! So NiGHTS did end up having a cameo appearance in a recent Sonic Team-produced Sonic the Hedgehog game! Quick, somebody inform the NiGHTS into Dreams community! From my understanding they haven't spotted anything since Shadow the Hedgehog.

Eggman Adventure is total awesomesauce by the way. I want a copy. Now.

Edited by HunterTSF

Sorry to shift back to the original topic, just I haven't been on here since the old forum and I recently have been playing through Sonic Unleashed again on my PS3.

I gotta say I absolutely love Sonic Unleashed. It's hugely underrated in my eyes... I love the werewolf Sonic stages almost as much as the Sonic Sonic stages and I really hope they do more games like it (though not necessarily featuring the werewolf) and keep using this "Hedgehog Engine"...

• Thumbs Up 4

I just got the Wii version a few weeks ago, and at first I loved it. Then I played the night time stages. I hated it. Then I got to another daytime stage. I loved it. Then I started reading about the differences between the PS2/Wii and the PS3/360 versions. I now hate Dimps for being really lazy.

I don't have a PS3 or a 360, and I was hoping for a lengthy game like Sonic Adventure. But Unleashed feels really short... Sometimes when I play it, I feel like it was a waste of money. And I only got it for $20 at Toys R Us. I hate how they didn't even try to make the two versions similar. I hope the next 3D main series Sonic game actually has a Wii version that resembles the PS3/360 versions, like Sonic & SEGA All Stars Racing.

EDIT: Earlier today I reached Eggmanland on Sonic Unleashed. I thought it was kinda hard. I just watched a video of Eggmanland in the 360 version, and I am very jeaslous at the moment. And I hate Dimps.

Edited by Chaos Rush

Yeah, I remember being quite underwhelmed with Unleashed Wii myself. It wasn't a crappy game like Sonic '06 or anything, but it felt very...shallow. I can't even recall any traditional platorming moments for Sonic in the Daytime Stages, and the Nighttime Stages felt overly simplistic. Pretty soulless.

Thankfully, I believe future Wii games will be more similar to their HD counterparts. In addition to Sega All-Star Racing, the Wiiware version of Sonic 4 is also appearing to be the same as the PSN/XBLA versions. Just with less graphical output and some motion (PS3 has that too).

Edited by Tentomon

Thankfully, I believe future Wii games will be more similar to their HD counterparts.

Well, I'm really hoping for that. Sonic 4 is 2D, so that's understandable. I'm not sure of how the Wii version of Sonic & Sega All-Stars Racing looks exactly the same as the 360 and PS3 versions, but that's what someone said on Youtube. And besides, Dimps wasn't involved.

I'm REALLY hoping that the next 3D main series Sonic game has absolutely nothing to do with Dimps. They ruined Sonic Unleashed for Wii users like me, they made Sonic Adventure look like a really long game.

Heh, well Dimps is making Sonic 4. So perhaps they learned their lesson about straying away from the main version. Besides, I believe all Dimps did was design the Daytime stages. That's still a pretty big deal, but they weren't responsible for all of the differences in Unleashed Wii.

Regardless, I doubt Dimps will be making the next 3D Sonic since their busy with with Sonic 4: Ep. 1-3. Can't guarantee that though.

Edited by Tentomon

I wouldn't hold your breath... Wii games are created separately for a reason. If they could just port the HD versions they would, as it'd be quicker and cheaper, but in this case for example the "hedgehog engine" is a next-gen piece of software which makes full use of high-end processors to stream enormous levels without having to break them up with loading screens (you have to consider, running at 300mph, Sonic's levels are actually colossal in size, they just go past quickly)...

I actually didn't mind the Wii version of Unleashed, I just thought it was stupid how you had to do 'missions' (collect rings, time attack, etc.) and then three or more night levels at a time.

I do wish people would stop referring to developers as "lazy" though, it's such a naive thing, reserved almost exclusively for internet-dwelling video game fans... It's business, there's no fatigue involved. There's different strategies and ways of spending the budget, not whether or not they can 'be bothered'.

@DistantJ - Well, when the only "next-gen" console you've got is a Wii (that would be me), then after getting Sonic Unleashed (I just got the game a few weeks ago), I first thought it was okay. And then after looking at a list of all of the content not present in the Wii/PS2 versions that are in the 360/PS3 versions, and some Youtube videos, I feel very "cheated". I would like to play the "real" Sonic Unleashed without getting a 360 or a PS3, but thanks to Dimps (and Nintendo's stupid decision to make the Wii use last-gen graphics) that never happened.

I wouldn't hold your breath... Wii games are created separately for a reason. If they could just port the HD versions they would, as it'd be quicker and cheaper, but in this case for example the "hedgehog engine" is a next-gen piece of software which makes full use of high-end processors to stream enormous levels without having to break them up with loading screens (you have to consider, running at 300mph, Sonic's levels are actually colossal in size, they just go past quickly)...

I remember someone saying that the Wii can handle the Hedgehog Engine (thought it would have to be a little downgraded to work), but not the PS2. If that is true, then I hate Dimps even more.

Edited by Chaos Rush

Yeah but in all fairness, dude, you can't feel cheated by the devs, it's the console, the Wii isn't made for that kinda stuff... I mean it'd be like blaming Birdseye that you can't cook their fish fingers in your toaster when you didn't buy an oven.

Though I don't think it's 'Nintendo's stupid decision', in fact it was one of the best decisions they've made, business-wise, they made something which they make a profit off of, and sell to a whole bunch of people (to be fair, they'd lost most of us gamers around Gamecube time).

I seriously doubt the Wii could handle the Hedgehog Engine... In fact I'd go so far as to say I don't believe it for a second... It's a highly memory-heavy thing which creates enormous environments and some amazing lighting... It was designed to make Sonic possible on a HD system basically (I mean look what happened without it in 2006...) but perhaps a Wii-exclusive engine could have been done, I mean, there's nothing stopping developers from taking the assets, say, the level maps etc. and moving them into a different engine, cutting down the detail etc. though due to the size of Unleashed's levels I'd imagine the route they went down was the only option really. They may only last 5-10 minutes but there must be miles and miles of terrain there, I mean about halfway through Adabat you realise how much ground you've actually covered and it's immense, and I think using loading screens like in Sonic '06 to break it up would ruin it.

• Thumbs Up 2

Edited out:

The thing is, The Wii version could of had Mazuri & Empire City, but because PS2 disks can only hold 2.5 GB with dual being 5 GB while Wii disks can hold 4 GB with dual being 8 GB, Dimps & SEGA wanted to make it fair and made both versions almost similar. The next main, multi-platform Sonic game might not get ported to the PS2 because the PS2 is possibly going to be discontinued (As much as it pains me).

Edited by Pearl
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Bad Quality Post 2

Edited out:

Anyway, does anyone else know how to play as the Werehog with the Wiimote+Nunchuck? Here's a tip: Shake it like a drumstick in a rhythm-like pattern.

Edited by Pearl
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Bad Quality Post 1

I've had the Wii version ever since it came out, and I always loved the day stages. It pretty much felt like Sonic Rush in 3D, which is great in my book. The werehog was...meh. Those levels can be fun at times, but once I beat the game I never touched them again. All in all it's a good game, but I grew jealous of watching the 360/PS3 version on Youtube.

Which brings me to my birthday two weeks ago when I got a PS3. And I bet you'll NEVER guess what the first thing I rented was? [/sarcasm]. Just...wow. The PS3 version honestly blows me away. The night stages are vastly improved and are a lot more fun. A huge combo list, hidden rooms, slightly better platforming, better controls; I still would have preferred the werehog never existed, but it's not bad for what it is. But the day stages...hot damn I'm in love. Not only are there are more of them then in the Wii version, they're substantially better. That's saying a lot considering how much I loved them in the Wii version. They're faster, longer, and best of all they actually have Genesis-style platforming sprinkled throughout. (Eggman Land's design felt like it came straight from Scrap Brain Zone) As for the hub worlds...meh. They're certainly better then the lame menu's in the Wii version, but they still feel largely unnecessary. They're all filled with townspeople with distinctive personalities and problems, but since this is a Sonic game and not an RPG, I really don't see the point.

But there are still a couple things I think the Wii version does better. I think the controls in the day stages feel a bit better. Drifting especially feels more intuitive and less clunky. I really prefer earning the Sun and Moon medals based on your ranking so you can open some optional areas instead of forcing you to scour every inch of the game to find them just so you can unlock the next level.

So, my verdict:

Wii version: 7.5/10

PS3 version: 8.5/10

Shame I'm only renting the PS3 version right now. I'll have to buy it soon.

Edited by Speederino

Whoa, that's a good find! :blink: I had never spotted those before!

Loving the Sonic Adventure game with the Dr Eggman cover (if only they really had made an Eggman Adventure!) but NiGHTS Journey of Dreams? That's a bit of an odd choice... especially as it wasn't even on Dreamcast. Very strange, but a nice reference nevertheless.

I'd rather he had been playing Sonic Shuffle though. I mean, someone has got to give that game a bit of love! :P

Well im super stoked about that find! B)

I played one and a half levels of Werewolf Sonic, then downloaded completed Data so I could play all the daytime stages without having to stomach that horrid feature again.

Feels good man! :)

Sonic Unleashed is just about my favorite 3D Sonic game. I've played the Wii version and the 360/PS3 version, but to be entirely honest I didn't like the Wii version at all. I couldn't stand playing as the werehog on that version of the game.

Although ultimately the idea of the werehog was silly, I have no complaints with the 360/PS3 versions of the game. Exploring towns, the day stage difficulty, and even the werehog I had a lot of fun with.

I dunno if anyone's already said this, but I don't think the Night levels would be so long if the forced enemy battles weren't in them, because one reason they took quite a while was because of the moments where you had to defeat all the enemies to pass. Maybe if they didn't have the forced battle moments, the levels wouldn't be as long.

I dunno if anyone's already said this, but I don't think the Night levels would be so long if the forced enemy battles weren't in them, because one reason they took quite a while was because of the moments where you had to defeat all the enemies to pass. Maybe if they didn't have the forced battle moments, the levels wouldn't be as long.

That's true. Dragon Road Night Act 1 (360/PS3) is the perfect length if you ignore all the optional fights. I think in that stage you're only forced to fight about 2 or 3 times as well. But even without the fighting, there's little substance. It's like "grab a ledge, balance on a narrow path, grab a pole" etc etc etc.

http://tinyurl.com/c...ffykittensnews2

Remember those leaks from Unleashed two years ago well....

T'SSZ brought up the two year old leak story up yesterday about Miyuki Friedman and sorry to say but this article is uncalled for it's like he wants that person who by mistake(not sure on that) leaked out a video & images from Unleashed sacked from her job(that the feeling i'm getting off this) and it's pretty heartless & sad that if he wants that to happen to her sacked over a few leaks why is targeting this out of date story just because lack of Sonic 4 news bah if that case that just stupid, this is just plain uncalled though & stupid in my eyes :\.

what you all think about this ...?

Edited by Foxy Boy

• 1 year later...