Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed

Eternal EX

Oh wow. Thats kinda cool! I may try that one day when I get really really really bored.

You know, when I first started playing Unleashed for the Wii, I was like "Man, is running all this game is good for?" The Wii version overall left a mediocre taste in my mouth. Then I started playing the 360 version, and I'm saying "Hmm, well, it's better, still too much straight speed though..." By the end of the 360 version, it's "Well, there was a decent amount of platforming and obstacles in those last few stages...it's certainly better than I thought." Now, I'm actually finding myself replaying some of the 360 stages just for fun. Eggmanland is just so epic.

TSS's review said that Sonic Unleashed "grows on you", and I think this is certainly a true statement. I still don't like it as much as the Adventures and 2006, but it's gotten more enjoyable for me. Jungle Joyride Day is another stage I play when I'm not in the mood for the long and epic Eggmanland; it's got some nice obstacles and design, and is challenging enough to be fun.

Although I still can't get those really fast Critical Attacks on the Titans at the end of Eggmanland. :\ Arid Sands Day Act 2 is a great place to practice Quick Times.

Has this sort of growing enjoyment happened to anyone else?

You know, when I first started playing Unleashed for the Wii, I was like "Man, is running all this game is good for?" The Wii version overall left a mediocre taste in my mouth. Then I started playing the 360 version, and I'm saying "Hmm, well, it's better, still too much straight speed though..." By the end of the 360 version, it's "Well, there was a decent amount of platforming and obstacles in those last few stages...it's certainly better than I thought." Now, I'm actually finding myself replaying some of the 360 stages just for fun. Eggmanland is just so epic.

TSS's review said that Sonic Unleashed "grows on you", and I think this is certainly a true statement. I still don't like it as much as the Adventures and 2006, but it's gotten more enjoyable for me. Jungle Joyride Day is another stage I play when I'm not in the mood for the long and epic Eggmanland; it's got some nice obstacles and design, and is challenging enough to be fun.

Although I still can't get those really fast Critical Attacks on the Titans at the end of Eggmanland. :\ Arid Sands Day Act 2 is a great place to practice Quick Times.

The Wii version has grown on me a little. It was only a little because I already liked it, though. It's nice because it doesn't require medal collecting, and if you do wish to collect medals, it's a lot easier. I'm not as dedicated of a gamer as some, so I wouldn't be able to collect all the medals and finish the game if I owned the PS360 version.

You bet you're cheese it has! I'm finding myself enjoying the days stages more than I ever have these past few days.

Almost done with this game, and I have to say, it's pretty sweet! Perhaps my favorite Sonic Game. I love the daytime levels as well as the werehog levels. I've been leveling quite a bit just to see what new techniques I can get out of it. The fact that he basically does Gum Gum Rocket and Gum Gum Pistol just amaze me. I do have a few qualms though...

Button Sequence:

I've hated it in every other game I've played before that had it, and I hate it in this one.

Fixed Camera Angles:

when I'm walking a pipe, or a beam, or whatever, why do I have to be limited to the mercy of the ever changing, cameras. They're for the most part fixed and only change as you walk. Can I not be trusted with my own camera angles?

Changed Control:

Being as I don't own an Xbox360, since, you know, I'm dirt poor, I have to play it at a friends house. Because of this I have to play satisfy myself with various older Sonic Games to make up for that lack of Unleashed. I play unleashed, I get used to hitting A to jump, then hitting X to homing attack. I get used to that. I go to play the old games. I jump over a bottomless pit, hit A on my Gamecube controller, and since I'm so used to the 360 control setup by that point, I hit B, and naturally I die. Sure, it's not a big problem, but it bothers me.

Overall though, it's a great game. It makes me really wish I had a 360. I can't wait to try the Wii version.

Yeah. Where the hell did that come from? Whether the game was cheap or not, that doesn't change the fact that it had polish. '06 was just plain unfinished. Unleashed didn't have glitches that blocked you from following the main path to the end of the stage.

Really, the only reviews I liked for Unleashed were the ones from GameInformer and Play magazine.

Yeah, I never listen to game reviews anymore. They're generally retarded.

Sonic Unleashed definitely doesn't deserve the hate it gets; it really is a decent Sonic game.

But to the public eye, it's really not enough. If Sega really cares about how Sonic is perceived, then they're going to have to do more than produce one decent game to soothe the disappointment of players. The only possible way I can see this happening is what BlazeHedgehog said about Sonic taking a break for a few years before coming back in a reinvented form. Otherwise, every single Sonic game is going to be considered shit, and to be honest, after all the mediocre games Sonic has had lately, I don't really blame these people for thinking so.

Hell, even though the Advance and Rush games are absolutely nothing like the Genesis games at all (bar the original Sonic Advance), people still lap that shit up because they have the mindset that 2D is the only way Sonic can be good, regardless of actual game quality - and the Advance series is shit. At this point, not many people are very openhearted to Sonic's transition in 3D.

Yeah, but to be honest, as long as they keep the loading times sane, I'm good. I tend to prefer the games that everybody else seems to hate. I've been playing Unleashed and I would be quite fond of it if I could have better control of the camera. And the first cutscene was amazing...and most of the scenes with Chip are just funny so far. Granted, I JUST got the game and have only restored one continent, but I'm enjoying myself.

Yeah, I never listen to game reviews anymore. They're generally retarded.

I have a bad habit of sometimes looking up game reviews when I'm in a bad mood. It makes for some of my best rants. IGN's by far my favorite. I think they start Sonic with a drinking game. Every time you see the color blue, you take a shot. Might explain why they can't play the games very well.

Lawl! I love how almost everyone hates the Wii version, yet it's getting higher scores from critics than the 360 one. And I called it too! XD

The Wii version is a tremendous example of a great Sonic stage with an added emphasis on difficulty.

Eggman Land in the Wii version was a joy to play through but the 360 version was hell for me, i never want to play through that level again.

@____@ Whaaaaaaat?

Eggmanland in Unleashed Wii is by far the WORST stage ever! I hate it, hate it hate it HATE IT. I died sooooo many times, and there were some parts that were very unfair, like the drifting corner with the speedboost and bottomless pits, and the pipe with bottomless pits on both sides and missile robots. Fun?! Huh, more like torture! But hey, that's my opinion. I'm probably the only member here who hates that stage. >=P

Wish I could play the 360 version though, just to see how much worse that one is! My boyfriend told me it took him almost an hour to beat that stage. Oh shit. DX

I've just recognised something in Gamespot's reviews today!See..

Dragon Ball: Evolution Review has 3.5

So that means Sonic Unleashed is just like this purely shity game?

I've just recognised something in Gamespot's reviews today!See..

Dragon Ball: Evolution Review has 3.5

So that means Sonic Unleashed is just like this purely shity game?

You have to consider the current climate and feeling towards the series from the media (and indeed, the gamers en mass) though. I'm confident had Unleashed came out in place of say, Heroes, the reviews would have been far more favourable. Yes, games should be judged on their individual merits, but the sad reality is that they're sometimes not, simlar to how you'll see papers and TV shows slag the fuck out of specific celebs for months on end.

You see, people don't like hearing about nice things, they prefer bad things, this is how the media works, why would you want to hear about a skateboarding dog when you can hear about thousands dying in the middle east? Might seem a little strange, but that's just how it goes. Sure, Sonic's gameplay may be great and the Werehog's a wee bit contrived, but as long as that weak link is there, something to cling onto and slag the fuck out off, it's going to get trashed, paticulary if the series has a "reputation", as it does here.

Everyone loves a "Rockstar Story", had everything and lost it all to drugs and shitty games, doesn't neccesarly mean the games are the bane of all existance and totally without merit, but it sure does make a good story pretending they are.

EDIT: Inserted quote due to new page etc.

Edited by FeathersMcGraw

Wish I could play the 360 version though, just to see how much worse that one is! My boyfriend told me it took him almost an hour to beat that stage. Oh shit. DX

Its true. During your first few runs of that stage it will take you close to a hour to complete. But after a few tries and crap you'll the fastest routes and soon be able to drop the time tremendously. I came from 45mins to almost 10mins. And yes I was killing that stage, if I saw a shortcut I took it, and plus my werehog was maxed out making things easier. Swear if the werehog doesnt have alot of combos or his strength isnt great by then it will take time since the last sections have dark gaia titans. That shit was hella strong and it hits fuckin hard. KAO KIN werehog :lol: was the fastest way to kill them.

I'm going to start a new game without saving!Is my last save going to erease?

Yes. Saving is automatic. If you click on "New Game", the moment you beat the first level, everything you've done so far, other than achievements, will be erased permanently.

If you want to replay the story, make a new gamer profile and do it via that.

Edited by JezMM

Yes. Saving is automatic. If you click on "New Game", the moment you beat the first level, everything you've done so far, other than achievements, will be erased permanently.

Makes me glad the Wii version has mutliple save slots.

Makes me glad the Wii version has mutliple save slots.

Yet if you ignore the "inconvenince" of having to make another gamertag, the 360 would technically have more "save slots."

Yet if you ignore the "inconvenince" of having to make another gamertag, the 360 would technically have more "save slots."

Yeah I agree. 360 overall is better. I just have another gamertag called "Sonic" (complete with a Dr. Eggman 360 avatar! Hehe) for replaying the stories of 2006 and Unleashed.

Though I'd rather have a combo of both really, lol. Three save slots per gamertag or something. I mean, I finally have all the achievements now, but it'd be nice to contribute to them when I wanted to replay the story.

Why would you need multiple save slots for SU anyway? You can already go back and replay any mission, and go back and watch every scene.

Why would you need multiple save slots for SU anyway? You can already go back and replay any mission, and go back and watch every scene.

It's sometimes fun to replay the game as you did first time. Some of us enjoyed the fact that you had to do extra stuff between each main level in order to earn more medals, or talk to the NPCs to get conversations that only apply at certain points in the storyline.

Plus, it's impossible to play the final boss in the same way as you did the first time. The two phases are split up by cut-scenes, and upon replaying only one of these is played, and you can't quit halfway through a boss to watch cut-scenes in Pickle's lab and then return to where you were.

Plus, it's impossible to play the final boss in the same way as you did the first time. The two phases are split up by cut-scenes, and upon replaying only one of these is played, and you can't quit halfway through a boss to watch cut-scenes in Pickle's lab and then return to where you were.
That's odd. I thought you could start the entire final chapter of the game at any time from the second Tornado Stage by talking to Tails.

I guess I was wrong.

That's odd. I thought you could start the entire final chapter of the game at any time from the second Tornado Stage by talking to Tails.

I guess I was wrong.

I'm sure I tried that once, but after completing the Torando level it just put me in the EggmanLand Entrance.

Might have been a valid argument if not for the fact that you have to UNLOCK story cutscenes, for some batshit stupid reason.

New update for the game on Xbox Live

Just loaded the game up and it said a new update is available, just downloaded it and going to see if it's changed anything. I was on the game last night and didn't get this so this is definitely new today.

Also, don't know if the PS3 version has received an update since I don't have that version.

EDIT:

Frame-rate in Adabat is still bad so the update can't be for that. My guess so far is like last time it's in preparation for new DLC on Thursday. This is probably why we didn't get any last week because they were working on this update to prepare the game for the next downloadable content.

I wonder if we'll get anything that isn't already on the disc and worth buying? I mean, the extra levels look nice, but I'd like to see something more like maybe a new level all together, character skin(s), etc.

I wonder if we'll get anything that isn't already on the disc and worth buying? I mean, the extra levels look nice, but I'd like to see something more like maybe a new level all together, character skin(s), etc.
You'll have to correct me if I'm wrong here, but aren't the existing level packs already close to half a gig each so far? And if that's just for content that's technically "already on the disc", I dare not think how big a DLC update with completely original content would take up.

You'd think adding DLC characters into the mix would be a more logical choice, seeing as they can't possibly take up a 100mb download, if even that.