Awoo.

Sonic Unleashed

Eternal EX

I wonder if we'll get anything that isn't already on the disc and worth buying? I mean, the extra levels look nice, but I'd like to see something more like maybe a new level all together, character skin(s), etc.

God yes. After the Chun-nan and Holoska packs I don't see anything worth buying in the future. I really hope they come up with something new.

I still find it odd that so many people would rather have new characters to play on old levels than just new levels. o.o I've loved every pack so far because I just want more places to play with Sonic in.

I still find it odd that so many people would rather have new characters to play on old levels than just new levels. o.o I've loved every pack so far because I just want more places to play with Sonic in.

Too true.

As an owner of the Wii version I cannot find fault with the levels themselves only that there never seems to be enough of them. I would happy accept an Unleashed 2, Werehog or not, as long as it meant more of the Sonic stages. I know the HD versions are the 'true' levels using the Hedgehog Engine but I've loved playing the Wii incarnations and would love to have more of the same in future Sonic games.

If Sonic Team scrap their recent efforts due to how the critics have responded then I shall be very dismayed. The system could probably still do with some fine-tuning and tweaks but it's helped create some of the best Sonic stages made in a long time.

If Sonic Team scrap their recent efforts due to how the critics have responded then I shall be very dismayed. The system could probably still do with some fine-tuning and tweaks but it's helped create some of the best Sonic stages made in a long time.

I wouldn’t be too worried of Sonic Team giving the Sonic stages the old heave-ho. There’s been an overwhelming amount of praise for that half of the game (even from the same people who trashed it with lower scores).

Now it’s only a matter of waiting too see what gimmick ST will throw into the next one that allows it to keep its platformer status and lengthen the game. I’m surprised we were all so caught off guard by the amount of the Werehog stages seeing how his creation was spawned out of a need to lengthen the game.

With the hatred of the Werehog out and about, I don't see why it should come as a surprise. But my reasoning was more or less that such a thing would be so much easier to implement to the point that it's almost obligatory, and take up less space to boot. I wouldn't say it comes down to just "playing old levels" either, when it could easily bring new ways to play certain levels too. What, have we all forgotten S3&K's approach already? XD

i somehow glitched up in Chun-nan, and now Sonic is stuck in the Chun-nan bridge until he starves to death

Image022.jpg

The Egg Fighter with a spring on his sheild knocked you in there. Because of how fast you usually move there and the angle ot things, the glitch is quite common. Unless you're able to re-glitch your way out of there, which will be harder than getting in there, you're stuck.

What, have we all forgotten S3&K's approach already? XD

I think the good majority of the current stages are all too linear and formulaic to allow for other characters with other powers to really be utilized fully. That's where the line is drawn between Unleashed and S3&K; S3&K had a much heavier emphasis on exploring the space, and the levels were already made so that you can go about them in many different ways, you had plenty of room above and below you as well as to the left and right. Those games were based around maneuvering around the area with precision; you had to aim all of your jumps, backtrack and all that. Sonic Unleashed is different in that sense, because while it does have branching paths, you're not doing near the amount of exploring, you're far more restricted and the precision is basically eliminated by use of the Homing Attack, pre-scripted events, etc(and no, I'm not bashing the game).

What's more is that this was already designed around Sonic's powers and in turn his limits. If we had, say, Tails, as a fully playable character, he would more likely than not end up reaching areas he's simply not supposed at whatever opportunity he had to fly. The same goes for Knuckles with his gliding. Any area that's meant for you to tread on, Sonic can already reach it, so there isn't a point to having the ability of flight, or whatever.

I should probably mention I didn't intend that in quite so much a literal sense. Moreso, just generally characters that can finish levels in a different manner, even if only slightly. I'm well aware a literal translation wouldn't apply to Unleashed almost solely because of the linear level design, thanks.

I mean, throw Tails in, replace the Homing Attacks with Energy Ball shots and give him the ability to do it at any time (even mid flight). That's about all you'd need to do for a somewhat unique way of finishing levels, really. Other than that I'm sure nobody minds if everyone plays like Sonic (or Werehog as the case may be).

Edited by Blacklightning

360 version...

I'm still like about 60 moon/sun medals away from 100%. And its because I dont know where the things are located and then there are stages like chun-nan act 2 (day).

Allow me to introduce you to my good friend youtube.

I have all the medals and all the music!I need two video tapes between when the ''nightmares'' are going in Eggmanland and when eggman is happy that his plan is working!You kniw where I can find them!

I have all the medals and all the music!I need two video tapes between when the ''nightmares'' are going in Eggmanland and when eggman is happy that his plan is working!You kniw where I can find them!

2 words. Game-FAQS

Technically gamefaqs is one word but okay. 2nd I go to GF like all the time but just haven't thought of using for some reason.

does anyone here have the "I LUV SONIC" pic of the quiz lady? I can't find it anywhere, i've been searching for it for a while.

So I just recently bought the Sonic Unleashed Apotos theme, it's a nice change of pace from the Night City theme I had before, and looks nicer than the Banjo-Tooie theme I just recently won.

I just noticed a couple of things about sonic unleashed. (spoilers)

After completing eggmanland, there's a cutscene with tails in his plane. He's flying above eggmanland in his plane. Then, he gets knocked away for no apparent reason right before the egg dragoon appears.

However, at the end of the game, when the credits roll, he's flying in adabat along with Sonic running on the ground.

How did Tails get from eggmanland to adabat so quickly?

Also, when Dark Gaia starts spreading his darkness, along with the people seeing all the shrines, in each of the locations, it is midday in each location. For obvious reasons, that's not possible. The sun would have to be in at least two places at once.

Yeah, I know Sonic games can be full of plotholes, but I just thought I would point these things out. :)

However, at the end of the game, when the credits roll, he's flying in adabat along with Sonic running on the ground.

Did you forget that tails is a crazy genius and can fix anything fast?

Also, when Dark Gaia starts spreading his darkness, along with the people seeing all the shrines, in each of the locations, it is midday in each location. For obvious reasons, that's not possible. The sun would have to be in at least two places at once.

This I dont have an answer for but my guess is that the shrines are just sooo fuckin bright, it made it seem like it was midday every where?

Yeah, I know Sonic games can be full of plotholes, but I just thought I would point these things out. :)

Ehh lol some things are better left unmentioned kid. Especially the plotlines in sonic games.

Okay, I'll press the issue a bit.

After Dark Gaia is defeated, and all the shrines are underground, it is still daylight in each section. :o

(At least in the Wii version) Maybe Tails's plane isn't as fast as it seems (maybe they make it go faster so you can get back to the game). If so, then I think the actual speed would be about the time it takes for the sun to get to the place you're going to, so it'd be daytime.

I think it'd be best if you ignored my crappy attempted explanation. Yeah. XD

Okay, I'll press the issue a bit.

After Dark Gaia is defeated, and all the shrines are underground, it is still daylight in each section. :o

Hey read this... lol

Ehh lol some things are better left unmentioned kid. Especially the plotlines in sonic games.

This is why some sonic fans don't question certain events in games.

Edited by SHADIC360©

I just noticed a couple of things about sonic unleashed. (spoilers)

After completing eggmanland, there's a cutscene with tails in his plane. He's flying above eggmanland in his plane. Then, he gets knocked away for no apparent reason right before the egg dragoon appears.

Remember Sonic 2: Tails's plane get shot at the beginning of Wing Fortress but he's able to come back quickly at the end. And it's not Adabat, it's Apotos.

It did kind of annoy me how random and quickly forgotten that Tails cut-scene was.

And yeah the daylight everywhere thing is just a total mistake. Which is a shame actually, they remembered to make it different in the FMV where the temples teleport.