Sign in to follow this  
Legosi (Tani Coyote)

Filmmaker Wes Craven Passes Away at 76

http://comicbook.com/2015/08/31/legendary-filmmaker-wes-craven-dead-ad-76/

Wes Craven has passed away after a battle with brain cancer at the age of 76.

Wes Craven is best known for his work in horror, having created the classic horror franchises Nightmare on Elm Street and Scream. Other credits of his include The Hills Have EyesThe Last House on the LeftThe Serpent and the RainbowThe People Under the StairsVampire in BrooklynCursedRed Eye and My Soul to Take.

Speaking for myself, this is hard to believe. I'm not much of a horror buff, but I remember many of these films or these remakes growing up. This man was a cultural icon, creating many of American cinema's most well known horror films.

Rest in peace.

I found out this morning. I've enjoyed the Scream franchise and look forward to the last episode of the TV series in the next few days. This is especially gutting, seeing as I've started writing my own horror which is partially inspired by his work!

RIP Wes Craven