Awoo.

Fox's Mega Man Movie - "Please don't crossover with Alvin and the Chipmunks''

Ryannumber1gamer

That's right. Despite the fact that Capcom still won't give the Blue Bomber another fucking game, and the fact that Legacy Collection was more or less an over glorified emulation, Capcom is giving the Blue Bomber a movie now, which means Mega Man's future is beginning to look less bleak, with a show coming as well. The producers of the recent Planet of the Apes films are going to behind the Mega Man movie as well.

Source: http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclusive-a-mega-man-movie-is-a-go-at-fox/

So make of it as you will. Personally, considering how Fox has done with other video game movies, I can't say I'm very excited to see them be handling one of my favourite game series.

Okay, wow. I was NOT expecting that. I know that the cartoon is coming, but a whole movie? They're giving the blue bomber a lot a love right now.

Let's just hope it won't become another Mortal Kombat or Super Mario Bros.

I'm actually pretty darn excited.

Ohhhh, so Hugh Jackman quit being Wolverine so he can be Mega Man instead.

Hopefully it won't be too terrible but I don't have high expectations for it.

So has this officially been confirmed? Also Fox made other video game movies besides the digimon movie which was mainly Saban's fault for a whole number of reasons.

We can at least be optimistic and pray that it's better than the Blue Core Studios fan film.

Still wish we could get an actual game, though.

• Thumbs Up 1

We can at least be optimistic and pray that it's better than the Blue Core Studios fan film.

Maybe we'll get a game based on the movie?

Somehow that doesn't fill me with optimism either.

Edited by gato

Maybe we'll get a game based on the movie?

Somehow that doesn't fill me with optimism either.

I agree but not about the movie part (Meaning I don't think they will make a movie based game). The majority of gamers are kids right?? Well maybe Capcom doesn't want to put time and money into a new Mega Man game if the majority of gamers are kids that don't know who Mega Man is. So what I'm thinking is Capcom is trying to do things to get Mega Man more known like putting him in Smash and giving him a new cartoon and movie. Then after the cartoon and movie and more kids know who he is Capcom will make a new game. That's just a theory but it gives hope for a new Mega Man game right??

Like that's really hard to do.

• Thumbs Up 3

I agree but not about the movie part (Meaning I don't think they will make a movie based game). The majority of gamers are kids right?? Well maybe Capcom doesn't want to put time and money into a new Mega Man game if the majority of gamers are kids that don't know who Mega Man is. So what I'm thinking is Capcom is trying to do things to get Mega Man more known like putting him in Smash and giving him a new cartoon and movie. Then after the cartoon and movie and more kids know who he is Capcom will make a new game. That's just a theory but it gives hope for a new Mega Man game right??

And if they don't know who Mega Man is, why would they feel the need to watch the movie or series? On top of that, considering he's a big player in Smash, it's totally possible that a lot of people got introduced to Mega Man in Smash, or through Worlds Collide/Worlds Unite/Archie Mega Man. I'm gonna take a guess right now and say Fox/Capcom will bank on nostalgia once again.

And if they don't know who Mega Man is, why would they feel the need to watch the movie or series? On top of that, considering he's a big player in Smash, it's totally possible that a lot of people got introduced to Mega Man in Smash, or through Worlds Collide/Worlds Unite/Archie Mega Man. I'm gonna take a guess right now and say Fox/Capcom will bank on nostalgia once again.

To tell you the truth I really don't know. It's just a theory but it does make sense. If I was running Capcom and like 60 % of the people buying games didn't know who the character was I wouldn't spend money making a game. I'd do something to make the character more recognizable to that 60 % and then make a game.

To tell you the truth I really don't know. It's just a theory but it does make sense. If I was running Capcom and like 60 % of the people buying games didn't know who the character was I wouldn't spend money making a game. I'd do something to make the character more recognizable to that 60 % and then make a game.

It takes a lot more money to create a movie/TV series when the resources could be spent on creating a new game into introduce gamers to the character. As I said, a new MM game that takes a 2D Artstyle like Rayman Legends could possibly be a really good way to introduce new players to MM for example.

If this turns out to be some kind of Bad Boxart Megaman, I'd just like everyone to know that I fucking called it.

Hell, even an expy of Retro Studios Megaman doesn't seem too farfetched at this rate:

mega-man-maverick-hunter-690x388.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

It seems after Mega Man got into Smash 4, Capcom has started to give him some attention again (as in any at all). That said, in spite of the history of video game movies, I can see this one working with the right people and attitudes behind it. Mega Man seems like a really hard premise to screw up so it could potentially make the leap to film easier than other franchises. 

Then again, it's still Hollywood and Fox just got off the whole Fant4stic fiasco so there's still plenty of time to be proven wrong...

I'm surprised we're getting a movie.

I'm also surprised that Fox is making it. Sony has been the company making lots of video-game movies at the moment, so I expected them to leap at the opportunity.

But regardless, hope it doesn't suck. And of course, hope that we get another damn game.

...yeah, I'm gonna be cautious until I see something worth cheering about.

Movies based on video games almost always seem to have some huge monkey wrench get thrown into the work that fucks the entire experience up. Only exceptions seem to be the upcoming Ratchet and Clank movie, since that's being worked on by those who've worked on the franchise, and maybe Sly Cooper (until we hear more news).

But I can't say I'm hopeful for a Megaman movie.

Fox is handling this.

Normally, I'd expect the most unfaithful adaptation possible...but if nothing else, it'll be more faithful than Novas Aventuras De Megaman. Which isn't saying a whole lot, considering that makes even the Super Mario Bros. film look like a faithful adaptation.

I'm also surprised that Fox is making it. Sony has been the company making lots of video-game movies at the moment, so I expected them to leap at the opportunity.

Competition survival of the fittest my dear. Fox apparently wants to have a go at beating Sony at their own game, for better or for worse (please dear god keep Fox away from making a potential Ace Attorney movie;leave that to some more trustworthy studios!!!).

Has there ever been a good video game movie

It literally does not matter who produces it, who directs it, who writes it, who stars in it. This is going to be shit. No point in looking forward to it, just like there's no point in looking forward to any other video game adaptation

Has there ever been a good video game movie

It literally does not matter who produces it, who directs it, who writes it, who stars in it. This is going to be shit. No point in looking forward to it, just like there's no point in looking forward to any other video game adaptation

that's a pretty cynical way at looking at things.:/

The Prince of Persia movie was decent, Doom wasn't all that offensive, and the Halo films we've gotten have been pretty okay. Also the Ratchet and sly movies are looking very promising. There are probably a few other video game films I'm forgetting that aren't all that bad. 

Edit: Professir Layton films, Animal Crossing movie and Advent Children 

Edited by Michael Munroe

I hated Advent Children. I never even played FF7 but I can tell you right now that I have never encountered a fan of that game who even remotely thought the movie measured up. And I know for a fact that Sephiroth in the game isn't some generic and silent evil entity who only shows up at the end and is dispatched within a few minutes.

Not getting excited about Sly or Ratchet until I see them for myself.

Okay so that's what, one out of the 7 listed? I know a few fans who enjoy the film due to its references, music and action sequences. It does a pretty good job at linking itself to the games world and atmosphere.

also Sephiroth died in 7, and the goal of the bad guys in advent children was to revive him, so yeah, it only makes sense for him to show up at the end. And he wasn't silent?

Edited by Michael Munroe

The Planet of the Ape moves were really good, so the producers of that working on this gives me a bit of hope.

Okay so that's what, one out of the 7 listed?

and that's seven out of hundreds of garbage game adaptations in existence. I think it's perfectly reasonable for me to assume something will suck until proven otherwise.

• Thumbs Up 2