Awoo.

The 90's Nicktoons Crossover Movie (Rumor but likely Real)

Ryannumber1gamer

Well, it seems Hollywood just loves banking on people's nostalgia this month amirite?! Not only is Mega Man getting a movie from Fox, but now, Paramount are making a massive crossover movie featuring the 90s Nicktoons, which includes people like Tommy Pickles, Rocko, Hey Arnold, and a lot more. So it's either going to be a great deal of delight seeing all of these guys back in action once again...or it's going to be a lazy piece of crap that lazily throws these characters together to make a quick buck by banking on nostalgia, and given the current state of Nick right now, I'm thinking the latter will happen. 

Source: http://www.tracking-board.com/tb-exclusive-90s-nicktoons-set-to-make-a-comeback-in-paramount-crossover-movie/

Edited by Ryannumber1gamer
  • Thumbs Up 1

Well, I guess that explains the article from IGN earlier. 

I mean, I was hoping for that Hey Arnold movie to be be made instead, but whatever. This sounds promising enough, especially since they acknowledged the potential danger of making another Rugrats Go Wild.

For goodness sakes the mega man movie is just a rumor at this point take it with a grain of salt please but I digress. I don't know how to feel about this it seems like Nick is desperate at this point. Also how would a crossover between these franchises even work? The only time it did was the Rugrats Go Wild movie but thats due to the fact that both series were made by the same people.

I question whenever studios make projects that bank on nostalgia, not because it's cheap but because, on the contrary, it feels like a risky investment more often than not. This wouldn't be aimed at young kids who probably have no idea what Hey, Arnold! or Rocko are, so they're counting on older fans who grew up with these shows to buy this movie... and yet I feel like a lot of adults who don't mingle with online cartoon communities or whatnot have pretty much moved on and aren't as obsessed with their childhood shows now as they were in the past.

I don't really see this being a success, even if it does turn out to be good. Besides if it doesn't have Jenny it's gonna blow ass regardless

For goodness sakes the mega man movie is just a rumor at this point take it with a grain of salt please but I digress. I don't know how to feel about this it seems like Nick is desperate at this point. Also how would a crossover between these franchises even work? The only time it did was the Rugrats Go Wild movie but thats due to the fact that both series were made by the same people.

No. From what we know. The MM movie is a go, and has the producers of Planet of the Apes behind it. But that's unrelated to this topic.

Angry Beavers

This has high chances of being either a bad-movie-high-profit type of film or a complete flop. But I'll give it a chance, might be something good if it ends up happening.

I'm...honestly not sure how to feel about this. This movie could easily turn out terrible, but the potential is there I guess if their willing to put the effort in. Citing Who Framed Roger Rabbit? and Wreck-It Ralph as influences puts them at high expectations so I hope they can deliver.

As for the possibility of these shows getting modern reboots, I'm much less optimistic there. I'm guessing Nick execs saw Teen Titans Go!'s ratings and wanted to try something similar, so I just expect that times 10. 

Uh oh... as much as I loved angry beavers I don't think I'll be going to see this. Sounds like a potential toxic, meme creating train wreck. 

Oh yeah. They're really are banking on 90s kids this time. 

I love 90s nick shows, they were apart of my childhood. I still enjoy watching them to this day but I feel like this revival is only being done simply because on how old and popular it once was. So yeah, I have no excitement over this. Same feelings I have with the upcoming Sonic and Megaman movie. There is no point to make a movie out of this. 

Edited by CottonCandy

It might be alright, I'm not gonna doom and gloom it until I have a lot more to go on (like if Angela Anaconda's gonna be in it *Shudder*)

And i didn't know it was happening until right now, so thanks

I question whenever studios make projects that bank on nostalgia, not because it's cheap but because, on the contrary, it feels like a risky investment more often than not. This wouldn't be aimed at young kids who probably have no idea what Hey, Arnold! or Rocko are, so they're counting on older fans who grew up with these shows to buy this movie... and yet I feel like a lot of adults who don't mingle with online cartoon communities or whatnot have pretty much moved on and aren't as obsessed with their childhood shows now as they were in the past.

I don't really see this being a success, even if it does turn out to be good. Besides if it doesn't have Jenny it's gonna blow ass regardless

I'm thinking that these sort of movies aren't made with the hopes of being a success in the long-run as much as they are made for quick cash in the short-term.  There's no doubt going to be some curious nostalgia goers.  Although I don't think it's quite like, say, Pixels, wherein the nostalgia is one of two main niches (the other being video games in general) that they hope some poor guy's grandmother will see and think "Well, gee, my grandson enjoys those electronic video entertainment apparatuses, therefore he will really relate to this movie!"

So yeah, I'm not exactly hopeful that this will be anything of substance, particularly if they attempt to appeal more to adults as opposed to preserving the integrity of the original shows.

Edited by Tara
  • Thumbs Up 1

I'm liking the idea, but considering the fact that we're getting a sequel to the recent Spongebob movie from Paramount, I wouldn't be surprised if The Spongebob Movie 3: Nicktoons Unite comes out in a few years. And even if it's a separate film, I'm kinda expecting Spongebob to still be front and center. I dunno though, hopefully it won't come to that but who knows, right?

• Thumbs Up 2

No. From what we know. The MM movie is a go, and has the producers of Planet of the Apes behind it. But that's unrelated to this topic.

It's the same site that broke the MM news, both as exclusives, so wouldn't they be equally likely without an actual announcement right now?

It's the same site that broke the MM news, both as exclusives, so wouldn't they be equally likely without an actual announcement right now?

Considering there's a separate topic for the MM movie, but if you need more sources for it.

http://uk.ign.com/articles/2015/09/03/mega-man-movie-reportedly-in-development-at-20th-century-fox

http://www.polygon.com/2015/9/4/9261001/mega-man-feature-film-fox-report

I hope you do realize that both websites still site tracking board as their source right? Like Ive said news like this feels as if it's something that the companies would announce or at the very least comment on these types of articles. There's nothing saying that they could be right or wrong be skepticism should still be there for now. The nick thing seems more likely to be real as we've discussed in another thread nick is opened to new ideas and it was recently reported that they're looking to revive 90's cartoons. With Mega Man it could probably lead nowhere since Capcom has had a track record of announcing movies based off their franchises and they have never gone anywhere with it. Another thing with the Mega Man movie is that they've already announced that a TV show is in development and they have a deadline in 2017 but it's strange that something as big as a movie they have been quiet about. One more thing how reliable is tracking board anyways?

I hope you do realize that both websites still site tracking board as their source right? Like Ive said news like this feels as if it's something that the companies would announce or at the very least comment on these types of articles. There's nothing saying that they could be right or wrong be skepticism should still be there for now. The nick thing seems more likely to be real as we've discussed in another thread nick is opened to new ideas and it was recently reported that they're looking to revive 90's cartoons. With Mega Man it could probably lead nowhere since Capcom has had a track record of announcing movies based off their franchises and they have never gone anywhere with it. Another thing with the Mega Man movie is that they've already announced that a TV show is in development and they have a deadline in 2017 but it's strange that something as big as a movie they have been quiet about. One more thing how reliable is tracking board anyways?

Reliable enough that IGN and several other big news sites are crediting it enough to make their own articles about it rather than just shrugging it off? I'm pretty sure IGN, Polygon, and Forbes don't just make news articles based around some random person claiming something's happening. or else we'd have a lot of articles about Sonic Adventure 3 floating about the internet. You're right. I have no way of proving if it's a credible source, but in the same way, you have no way of disproving that it isn't a credible source. But I do know that apparently enough people know about it for IGN, and other sites to make articles based on their words.

On top of that, in general, when a project is leaked, the company doesn't say "Oh yeah, this is totally in development". They claim they have no comment or word on it and move on, and the fact that the news broke days ago and the fact there's still been no word from Capcom or Fox about it, seems to indicate that they don't want to comment on it. If it was really fake, neither of them would have an issue with saying "It's fake" flat out, but instead, they haven't said a word. 

But those still cite the same source.

Reliable enough that IGN and several other big news sites are crediting it enough to make their own articles about it rather than just shrugging it off? I'm pretty sure IGN, Polygon, and Forbes don't just make news articles based around some random person claiming something's happening. or else we'd have a lot of articles about Sonic Adventure 3 floating about the internet. You're right. I have no way of proving if it's a credible source, but in the same way, you have no way of disproving that it isn't a credible source. But I do know that apparently enough people know about it for IGN, and other sites to make articles based on their words.

On top of that, in general, when a project is leaked, the company doesn't say "Oh yeah, this is totally in development". They claim they have no comment or word on it and move on, and the fact that the news broke days ago and the fact there's still been no word from Capcom or Fox about it, seems to indicate that they don't want to comment on it. If it was really fake, neither of them would have an issue with saying "It's fake" flat out, but instead, they haven't said a word. 

This misses the point that both stories came from the same source, so why would Mega Man be a sure thing and not this?

This misses the point that both stories came from the same source, so why would Mega Man be a sure thing and not this?

Dude. I just haven't edited MM's topic title yet.

What does that have to do with this? You said above that MM is a go, but made it sound like that was more definitely happening than this, even though both came from the same source.