Awoo.

Commercials that have nothing to do with what's being advertised.

Rusty Spy

I do not want to say what this advert is... chances are you have seen it, but you won't rememberit... When the page loads up... DO NOT READ THE DESCRIPTION! Just keep focused on the video... click the max screen thing if you have to.

Mind you, other adverts that make me laugh are ones which are obvious as to what they're advertising... but do it in such a strange manner.

This is an NHS/Ministry of Health advert for what to do if you have a cold... interestingly, it also shows a man smoking a pipe and downing a pint in a few seconds... health advert you say?

... also, this advert could be a clue, that people in England would often drink disinfectant after a meal...

Edited by Casanova

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Gabz Girl

• AdventChild

• Rusty Spy

• Pelly <3's U

Any advert promoting mobile phones makes no sense.

Especially the new Verizon and some of the Alltel ones.

Anyone seen these ads for the Palm Pre, with this weird glowing woman?

She looks like she's talking to you out of a strange Renaissance painting or a freaky sci-fi utopia, just talking in this soft voice about vaguely Eastern and religious ideas that somehow have to do with her phone.

This catches my attention every time it comes on since it's so much more subtle than other commercials.

Here's the

and
ads. I kinda hope they continue this series, they're peaceful and creepy all at once.

LOL - I found a

I was talking about. :lol: Edited by Badnikz

Public Service Announcements (or Public Information Films if you're british like me).

I mean, they never get to the point. (Except the drinking and driving ones, which are so to the point it'll give you whiplash). They try to wrap up the message in cotton wool... like this: VD is for Everybody The music is really catchy, but the visuals have nothing to do with STI's.

Or what about this metaphor?

I mean, BOWLING? WHY BOWLING? Bowling has nothing to do with HIV. But, I'm saving the best 'till last.
Yes, singing PILLS.

Some of the PS3 adverts I saw doesn't seem make sense. Usually it shows the console and something weird happens.

Seriously? WTF? Demonic robot babies?

That actually managed to scare me slightly.

If you ask me, this ones a little weird:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jf89N1_uz_A - Visit Vegas - Chinchilli day (Copy and paste the link)

I found out about it from a friend, so I needed to investigate. It's funny.

Super :P Lombax