Awoo.

Waku Waku Sonic Patrol Car has Been Dumped

Badnik Mechanic

Saw this on Retro.

Apparently someone over at the Mame world forums has managed to get a copy of Sonic Patrol Car and has dumped it(?) I say apparently because it doesn't look like it's been made public yet. 

http://www.mameworld.info/ubbthreads/showflat.php?Number=345231

To prove this, there are some very high quality screenshots of the game which are up on someone's blog.

soniccar_1.pngsoniccar_4.pngsoniccar_7.pngsoniccar_8.pngsoniccar_10.pngsoniccar_11.png

soniccar_15.pngsoniccar_18.png

More images can be found here.

No idea why this hasn't been made fully public yet (odds are it will do), but if you've ever wanted to get your paws on it, we're one huge step closer.

Edit: From now on we must dub this Sonic, 'Policeman Sonic'.

• Thumbs Up 5

Oh boy!  Please release to public so we can emulate the this.  I've always been morbidly curious about this title, but it's remained so elusive for the longest time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cool, I've always wanted to see what this curio item was. I wonder if it will have any hidden goodies in it! Good find Hogfather :) .

Have a tiramisu:

1bb6344450d0409b98282b054c1dd467.jpg

Edited by Matthew
  • Thumbs Up 1

Blue badger the game!

Policeman Sonic should become a playable racer if a Sonic all stars racing 3 comes out.
Love the aesthetic of the game, always wanted to see a Green Hill-ish animal city.

• Thumbs Up 4

Here in my city we had the real thing (the Waku Waku car) installed in a shopping centre, but they got rid of it after a few months. Never bothered to tried it (it is for children, after all), but I was curious.

Edited by Ristar
  • Thumbs Up 2

That policeman Sonic in the emblem seems more like the concept art Sonic than the Sonic 1 Sonic. Not so much the in-game sprite, that just looks...odd.

• Thumbs Up 2

Uh...so where's the file on that page, exactly? I see a list of code.

And also, doesn't this knock SegaSonic Arcade as the first Sonic game with voice acting?