Awoo.

Sonic The Hedgehog 06 coming to 360's "On Demand" service

Matriculated

Actually I think it's kind of clever of them. After hearing about how awful it is people on the fence are unlikely to go to a store to buy a copy. Being able to just download the game from the comfort of their own living room might net them a few sales.

Edited by speedfreak

That's just stupid. Why would they put such a shitty game on their On-Demand service anyway?

• Bad Quality Post 1

The 360 version of Sonic06 sold high enough to nominate it for Platinum Hit status, so that's why it's on the On Demand service.

• Thumbs Up 1

The 360 version of Sonic06 sold high enough to nominate it for Platinum Hit status, so that's why it's on the On Demand service.

The only reason that it would be even though of to be on the service.

Too bad all those sold copies were taken back to the store that same day.

• Bad Quality Post 1

Never once did I believe Platinum Hits or whatever the company wants to call it was based on how well the game sold. Merely just a tag to tell everyone "This belongs in the bargain bin, m'kay?"

• Bad Quality Post 1

I have no words to describe how retarded this is, the game was atrocious , how the hell would there be demand for it with how universally hated it was?

• Bad Quality Post 1

I don't see why everyone's so up in arms over this. So you didn't like Sonic 06, boo hoo. Its probabbly just there to make Sega/Microsoft some more money on the side, nothing more.

• Thumbs Up 1

There will be at least 10 people here who will buy it, even if they already have it. I am puttin' mah money down on that. :P

Oh lord why... Why is it that such a bad game still finds ways to linger around like smelly gas. I don't see why anyone would waste time downloading this... But I'm betting some of you here will buy it because ya have to get anything with Sonic on it.

Oh lord why... Why is it that such a bad game still finds ways to linger around like smelly gas. I don't see why anyone would waste time downloading this... But I'm betting some of you here will buy it because ya have to get anything with Sonic on it.

This is a true statement.

I still don't see what the big deal is. It is after all just a game.

I really... don't care, but I find it funny that the very same people who complain about it will probably wind up buying it just because there MIGHT be a SMALL chance they'll fix one or two bugs, making the bad experience slightly less horrible.

If it was inexpensive enough and I had a 360, I'd probably buy it just to try it. I'd probably like it at least to a -small- extent. But I wouldn't go out of my way to pick it up unless it was in a bargain bin for $5 and I happened to have that on hand.

For all of you asking "why?", I have but one answer.

Money money money money money money money money MONEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEY.

I still don't see what the big deal is. It is after all just a game.

Yes, though apparently, it's also a game that's killed people's fathers, raped their mothers, and spat in their Spaghettios, so I can see why this game is such a big deal to these guys. :P

Edited by 'Ferno
  • Bad Quality Post 1

Yes, though apparently, it's also a game that's killed people's fathers, raped their mothers, and spat in their Spaghettios, so I can see why this game is such a big deal to these guys. [/sarcasm]

From what I hear the game also displays graphic bestiality. In fact pretty much the whole plot is Sonic and this human girl 'doing the nasty' whilst Tails, Knuckles and Amy watch and absolutely nothing else. HOW COULD YOU SELL THIS TO MY KIDS SEGA!?!

So yeah, it's there because it's old and it sold. :P If the holidays drag too long I might buy it myself just for a little self-harm fun - at least the loading times shouldn't be there anymore. Pretty smart decision if I'm honest, the game's bad quality is so well-known now that there probably are a few people out there looking to buy it on the cheap just to see if it's really "that bad" and possibly get a few laughs.

Edited by Tombi

I can imagine Sonic '06 being one the games that the Angry Video Game Nerd of the next generation reviews.

self-harm fun - at least the loading times shouldn't be there anymore.

The loading times will be just what they are now if you install the disc game on to your hard-drive. I've done that and the 20 second loading times decrease to 15 seconds which is still pretty bad.

If this will be a little more expensive than a used or Amazon copy, then I won't get it. I'll get the retail copy any day!

And yes, I do want to get this game because I'm curious as to just how bad it is. XP