Awoo.

Dear Internet: Grow Up

SuperStingray

Change doesn't happen overnight, we all know that...

But considering how much money AAA will spend akin to movie titles, there's more to it than meets the eye (or not, I'll just have Masaru explain that bit since I don't have the details). Kinda why other models are being done such as Free 2 Play, Kickstarter, and so forth. Although what the hell do I know about how these things will bring forth change?

You called? Context time!

Long story short, we're getting to the point where AAA budgets are rivalling movies - Star Wars: The Old Republic's budget rivals that of The Avengers, except the former was far, far less successful. It comes down to three main factors. The first one is that publishers massively overspend on production budgets, far more than actually necessary. The second, which is probably the biggest problem and is a cause of the first one, is that AAA development for the most part is generally a mismanaged mess that is over-supervised by management people, with very little personal responsibility involved, and individual efficiency is horrendously bad. The third is increasing technology, for obvious reasons, but the impact of this should actually be far less than it is right now - Crytek produced the original Crysis with a surprisingly modest budget (around $20 million, I think), which enabled Crytek to break even despite relatively low sales that normally would've been a failure for other titles. Technology, especially in this day and age, should be making development far more efficient and reducing costs, rather than increasing them - that speaks volumes of how messed up AAA development is right now.

It's why publishers don't want to take risks, and want to curb piracy and used games with any measures they can get (of course, the way they're trying to fight piracy is the completely wrong way to go about it, he only effective anti-piracy measure is providing a better service than the pirates and being good to your customers), along with homogenizing games and rampant DLC. Thing is, publishers have only themselves to blame for this quagmire of theirs. Just keep that in mind when you're thinking about why publishers do these sorts of things.

Having games with female protagonists is certainly a risks publishers don't want to take unless it's an established franchise, but as previously said, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because many of the games that do have female protagonists simply don't get the marketing support they need.

Edited by Masaru Daimon
  • Thumbs Up 3

I usually don't give a damn about stuff like this, but I figured I'd watch this just because.

I gotta say, I really didn't like how much time she spent talking about Peach and Zelda. Sure, they're the most popular characters attached to the trope but they're also not even remotely offensive. Especially Zelda because without her, Link wouldn't have been able to finish off Ganon in OoT/TP and save Termina in MM. Hell, Skyward Sword had Link chasing Zelda for like, 97% of the game and even when he did finally catch up he was told that he wasn't good enough.

And her harping on companies like SEGA for making HD versions of games like Sonic CD because of their stories was really, really silly to me.

But other than those two issues, I guess it wasn't bad. I just can't be arsed to care too much about things like this unless they're really offensive like RapeLay.

Edited by Red Cap-Blue Spikes

Still don't think she should disable comments, ratings and even video responses are blocked at least not at first she should see how things go you would think she could be a little bit thicker skinned by now she tons of people that support her she should at least actually accept and acknowledge some of the valid criticism of her for once.

As people for giving her straight abuse they are just making things worse and giving her more attention and which allows her to keep pulling the victim card.

I admit I haven't watched her new video and I don't really want to because I don't want to give her any money for it.

I can't believe people gave her something like $150,000 for this. Look at the place she films her videos if that is her place she hardly looks a dollar short. She gets money for videos being a YouTube Partner every time you click on one her videos.

My two criticisms of her is I find her really one sided at times and don't like how she has shut herself from any form of criticism, she is even shut herself out from potential supporters. It makes her look like the only supporters she cares about are ones that giver her money. 

I am sorry but she comes across as a Televangelist. Preach to the choir, ignore the criticism and care only about the money coming in.sleep.png

Edited by BW199148

You called? Context time!

Long story short, we're getting to the point where AAA budgets are rivalling movies - Star Wars: The Old Republic's budget rivals that of The Avengers, except the former was far, far less successful. It comes down to three main factors. The first one is that publishers massively overspend on production budgets, far more than actually necessary. The second, which is probably the biggest problem and is a cause of the first one, is that AAA development for the most part is generally a mismanaged mess that is over-supervised by management people, with very little personal responsibility involved, and individual efficiency is horrendously bad. The third is increasing technology, for obvious reasons, but the impact of this should actually be far less than it is right now - Crytek produced the original Crysis with a surprisingly modest budget (around $20 million, I think), which enabled Crytek to break even despite relatively low sales that normally would've been a failure for other titles. Technology, especially in this day and age, should be making development far more efficient and reducing costs, rather than increasing them - that speaks volumes of how messed up AAA development is right now.

It's why publishers don't want to take risks, and want to curb piracy and used games with any measures they can get (of course, the way they're trying to fight piracy is the completely wrong way to go about it, he only effective anti-piracy measure is providing a better service than the pirates and being good to your customers), along with homogenizing games and rampant DLC. Thing is, publishers have only themselves to blame for this quagmire of theirs. Just keep that in mind when you're thinking about why publishers do these sorts of things.

Having games with female protagonists is certainly a risks publishers don't want to take unless it's an established franchise, but as previously said, it's a self-fulfilling prophecy because many of the games that do have female protagonists simply don't get the marketing support they need.

Okay, so I'm seeing two wide-ranging solutions: one is to stop overspending on AAA development, and two is to offer a better service than pirates (which I suppose is easier said than done?)

But after reading this, I now want to know  how exactly do we clean up this mess?! I mean not over spending is simple (I guess?), but considering the problems that we're already facing in game development it's a question of whether we need to break down and rebuild many of the elements or reorganize in order to address this.

And while reorganizing is the preferred method, I'm thinking a lot of the former will be necessary to get any progress. (and I'm hoping that doesn't have to be the case)

I admit I haven't watched her new video and I don't really want to because I don't want to give her any money for it.

Explain to me how she gets money buy you watching her video, because I thought she got plenty of money from the kickstarter.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonic

She would get money from the video if she nets enough views on youtube. I think you can opt into a monetization feature on youtube where they'll put ads on your stuff and obviously the more views you get the more money you make.

Not 100% on that though since I've never done it (don't have any vids)

I've a couple issues with this video, while I agree that these issues are important.

I don't think she gave enough explanation why the DID trope exists in early games. these games had a limited amount of data and the amount of story they could cram into it was incredibly limited. The DID trope is a story we all recognise and that  conveys a lot of drama very quickly.

While it's a stereotypical characterisation I'm not convinced that using it so frequently in these games automatically equals sexism. 

I also found the part where she said "this trope still exists today" then talked at length about re-releases of old games like Sonic CD (which as far as I can see, is one of only two games in the sonic series (the other being 06) that use the trope) felt a little like she was clutching at straws.

I'm interested to see what she says in the next video as, while i watched the video, I looked at my ps3 collection and saw only one game to use the stereotype (splatterhouse, a reboot of an old game) so as far as I can see, the trope is being used a lot less frequently.

Also i agree with Hogfather's comment about the comments also, where did the money go on this? There's no real production value other than a greenscreen background and HD camera (both of which she already owned looking at her previous videos). It seems a little like donors were only giving money for her to sustain wish to be a youtuber for a carreer.

These criticisms aside, I enjoyed the video, even if it didn't actually teach anything that shouldn't be obvious to any gamer already, and will be watching the rest of the series.

I'm pretty sure it's less about it's frequency and more about the implications that underlie sexist overtones; the woman is moreso a prize to be won than she is a character. When you rescue her, she is essentially yours to have. Noble for its time, insulting as of now.

And couple that whenever you swap the genders, the male characters more often than not break their way out of captivity while the female characters simply stay their and wait for someone to bust them out. While plenty of female characters are becoming equally eager to jump into a fight, of all the games I've played I don't recall very many female characters breaking themselves out of captivity whenever they're captured.

As for her mention of updated re-releases, that I'm not sure. It hits a grey area in that she sorta has a point, but then she kinda shoots herself in the foot while using them as examples. While I'm sure she's more than aware of them being old games, it goes without saying that them being updated from the old pixels to more refined images is somewhat keeping the trope alive in a way. I kinda let it slide compared to her previous videos where she seemed to miss the point or completely skew the meaning to add to her list.

Although I have to be critical about her using the Sonic franchise when Amy has long since gotten rid of that association. You'd think that she would have brought that up.

Explain to me how she gets money buy you watching her video, because I thought she got plenty of money from the kickstarter.

Just because she gets plenty of money from the Kickstarter doesn't mean she doesn't want more. She has a partnership with YouTube which anyone can do therefore she can get certain bonuses if she gets more views and posts more videos they give her cut. Her videos don't have ads (instead she asks for donations to keep them ad free) when you play one but I am sure their ways of getting revenue.    

Edited by BW199148

Okay, so I'm seeing two wide-ranging solutions: one is to stop overspending on AAA development, and two is to offer a better service than pirates (which I suppose is easier said than done?)

Both can be done. Steam is actually an excellent example of the latter, though it's considered a form of 'DRM' by itself, it's often considered the least intrusive and irritating to work with, though its offline mode is a bit finicky sometimes. It has its own social networking system (including the ability to do in-game chat), you can view internet sites via the Steam overlay while in-game, the Steam sales, a convenient library of games, Steam Workshop (I wouldn't have even touched Skyrim again if it weren't for the mods) and Communities, and so on and so forth.

Most competitors in the online store space... Aren't really doing that good a job of it compared to Steam. Ubisoft's Uplay system does hit on a rather interesting idea of having a certain set of achievements for each game that give you points that actually let you unlock stuff across any game, but that's just one thing.

But after reading this, I now want to know  how exactly do we clean up this mess?! I mean not over spending is simple (I guess?), but considering the problems that we're already facing in game development it's a question of whether we need to break down and rebuild many of the elements or reorganize in order to address this.

And while reorganizing is the preferred method, I'm thinking a lot of the former will be necessary to get any progress. (and I'm hoping that doesn't have to be the case)

The problems are, for the most part, a major symptom of overbearing management. As the blog post I linked elaborated, "You have a task for one person, but because somebody is unable to take personal responsibility, you have several people to do that task, because it feels safe. It’s not safe. In fact it’s disastrous. Most of the time, those people will be fighting each other, duplicating their work and protecting their asses. They will hardly produce anything special or try something risky. The fact, that very often, their assignment will change, just because John or Steve changed their minds, which is happening all the time and usually scratches all progress that was made, is also not very helpful. After some time, most talented people leave and all you have is an empty shell of a once famous company and hyper expensive rip-off of some other game. At the end, when the project fails, no one is personally responsible. It failed “because the market is changing” or the team “wasn’t good enough”. So the team is laid off and Steve and John are perfectly safe. If it’s successful for some miraculous reason, and against all Steve’s and John’s “great ideas” and experiments, Steve and John get all the glory (and Ferraris and blow jobs) and the team is restructured (laid off) anyway."

In the thread about that blog post on NeoGAF, people noted that this is a huge and unfortunate reality in not just the video game industry, but many other industries as well. It's a result of US corporate culture, where the management are trying to make the biggest profit for themselves and nobody else, and will try to interfere in the creative process as much as they feel they have to.

Although I have to be critical about her using the Sonic franchise when Amy has long since gotten rid of that association. You'd think that she would have brought that up.

She only said one sentence about Sonic CD - it might come up again later. I'm sure she'll mention that Amy swapped from Damsel in Distress to Action Girl... although I would also say if there is a trope for it (i don't have much knowledge about actual names and stuff), she is also seen as a psycho because of it. :/ I'm not sure if that is any better - a girl is a nut job because she doesn't let herself get kidnapped - or uses her skills to try and force her object of interest into marriage?! XD

Right, so...remember that double edged sword I said it was for Anita to be closing her comments and how others can still respond with video responses?

Well The Amazing Atheist has made a response towards the closed comments in the video.

It's...a bit odd, if you ask me. He gets the issue towards why she closed the comments due to harassment, yet at the same time he shoots himself in the foot on the issue . He's essentially saying that she should grow thicker skin, yet acknowledges that while they're both on opposite sides regarding feminism that there's always idiots who spew garbage on both sides of the fence.

Now I'm not someone who enjoys being black and white; I think telling someone to grow thicker skin is a perfectly valid comment to make as much as it is side-stepping the actual issue at hand. But where he really shoots himself is about closing the comments is saying that no one is allowed to have an opinion and debate with her on the subject.

First things first, it's Youtube. Anita's earlier videos had a lot of people acknowledging her points from what I've seen (and mind you I've not seen all of them). But as of now, after the fiasco that started this topic in the first place, a debate isn't something that can be found when she's already been demonized. And at this point, I would expect far more troll comments than I would those who are actually trying to engage in an intellectual conversation.

Second, considering how much this happens even off Youtube whether Anita would have made the video or not, and the reaction she's been getting is showing a much wider problem that is still going on. Much of the gaming media is very much against this while there's an underground that simply doesn't give a fuck due to anonymity. I would encourage her to open comments, but I'm not sure it's worth doing. She has thick enough skin to go out in public and make her statements in TED Talks considering how much people fear speaking towards and audience, so I'd say she's doing fine keeping her safe from the anonymous garbage from the internet.

Thirdly, it's not even about denying anyone from having an opinion. Kinda shoots himself again when he pretty much does just that in this video, although not on the trope itself. He acknowledges that while it denies the trolls, it denies pretty much everyone else. As I said before, considering how demonized she's become I'm not sure how worth it it would be at this point, and her leaving comments open is up to her.

And as far as his comparison of troll comments trying to get a rise out of someone versus batshit hypocritical radfems who use equality as a mask in hopes of achieving a society that is just a mirror image of the sexism they're fighting? Yeah, try that for compare and contrast. And they wonder why many generalize all feminists as misandrists when the movement is far more diverse than that. And this is something that should be equally fought against since in undermines the movement and proves the very point of those who are anti-feminists or divorcing themselves of feminism as a result and deciding to call themselves humanists and "egalitarianists" (is that even a word? lol) instead. rolleyes.gif

But yeah...feel free to pick apart...

Anyhow...just figured I'd share that and stir up some more conversation here while we wait on her other videos.

Right, so...remember that double edged sword I said it was for Anita to be closing her comments and how others can still respond with video responses?

People can post videos about how her work but they can't actually post a response to her video as in link their video to hers.

I don't see why re opening likes/dislikes, video responses and comments is a big deal. She has lots of people that support her as her kickstarter shows.

EDIT: This actually someone else video but it is one she linked on her youtube page making me assume that it was her video so actually all her videos are blocked.

It does seem a bit odd to keep comments open for one video but not others the only video that has the comments likes/dislikes allowed is her  "Trope Vs. Bullying Women" video.

The TED conference is hardly going public and facing criticism more like playing the victim and talking to an audience that already agrees with her views to make her look good and anyone that disagrees with her as just a vile misogynistic troll.

If she at least made a video addressing the genuine criticisms about her work she would gain a lot more respect and understanding from people.

The trolls aren't going to go away anybody that makes waves on YouTube has them she is not the only one who gets abuse from trolls. They are not nice comments to have but their plenty of people out there do support her who will post nice comments and then they will be people that will post comments with criticism about her work and not all them will have nasty remarks. She also shutting the door on potential supporters who might have something positive to say.

Shutting herself out to me makes her look like she afraid of any criticism even constructive criticism and isn't good for the people who support her work, does she care about the people that support and donate generously to her cause? Does she respond enough to them and acknowledge their support? 

People on the outside might interpret that she doesn't care about her own cause and views she actually discusses in her videos and is a opportunist that only cares about money and getting more attention to make more money.

You can't say that this hasn't been lucrative for her making a $152,922 profit seeing as her target was just $6000 dollars. Is any of it necessary when clearly some of the equipment and games necessary to carry out the project she already in fundraising video. She didn't need the money for the other videos.  

I am not saying she shouldn't have a donate button lots people have one but was the kick starter really necessary? Like at the place she films herself playing video games that is a nice looking place so must had a few dollars already if that is her place. She could give some of the surplus money to a women's charity you know giving back to people she is supporting.    

There are tons of videos on YouTube criticizing her work. Just type in "Femeinist Frequency Criticism" and you'll find plenty. A lot of them that don't call her a vile names this a really good one and not all of them are from males like this one.

Edited by BW199148

People can post videos about how her work but they can't actually post a response to her video as in link their video to hers.

I don't see why re opening likes/dislikes, video responses and comments is a big deal. She has lots of people that support her as her kickstarter shows.

That's more or less what I was saying...

The TED conference is hardly going public and facing criticism more like playing the victim and talking to an audience that already agrees with her views to make her look good and anyone that disagrees with her as just a vile misogynistic troll.

I was saying that people don't like speaking in front of a public audience in general than about facing criticism.

People on the outside might interpret that she doesn't care about her own cause and views she actually discusses in her videos and is a opportunist that only cares about money and getting more attention to make more money.

You can't say that this hasn't been lucrative for her making a $152,922 profit seeing as her target was just $6000 dollars. Is any of it necessary when clearly some of the equipment and games necessary to carry out the project she already in fundraising video. She didn't need the money for the other videos.  

I am not saying she shouldn't have a donate button lots people have one but was the kick starter really necessary? Like at the place she films herself playing video games that is a nice looking place so must had a few dollars already if that is her place. She could give some of the surplus money to a women's charity you know giving back to people she is supporting.    

I'm kinda wondering what the point is to complain about how "necessary" it is to criticize her on the kickstarter when you didn't even donate to it in the first place. Yeah, it's a wonder what she must have been doing with the surplus of cash that was many times the amount than she intended, but I think that says a lot of how much her audience supports her in her work because she probably wouldn't have reached her minimum target without them.

Who knows what she did with it? But until we find out, that's not much of my concern.

There are tons of videos on YouTube criticizing her work. Just type in "Femeinist Frequency Criticism" and you'll find plenty. A lot of them that don't call her a vile names this a really good one and not all of them are from males like this one.

That's good to know that there are those who offer constructive criticism on her work, and the video was a good watch...I kinda fail to see what that has to do with what I was talking about above, tho.

That's more or less what I was saying...

I was saying that people don't like speaking in front of a public audience in general than about facing criticism.

I'm kinda wondering what the point is to complain about how "necessary" it is to criticize her on the kickstarter when you didn't even donate to it in the first place. Yeah, it's a wonder what she must have been doing with the surplus of cash that was many times the amount than she intended, but I think that says a lot of how much her audience supports her in her work because she probably wouldn't have reached her minimum target without them.

Looking at her Kickstarter video she looked like she had most of the resources already (Games, Lighting, Consoles, Recording and Editing Equipment) if didn't have these things before her kickstarter it wouldn't bother me at all. I just don't see the necessity of her $6000 goal when when she had a lot of the tools necessary to do the project already. If she was using the money help pay back loans for the equipment and games she could of been honest and said that. I don't see that as a bad thing. 

She should really clarify things. Her kickstarter page doesn't explain enough of what the money is being used for other than "I need money for this project". Is she using on it, production, editing, research (some people think she just went and looked everything up on TV Tropes)? 

Now that she more than enough money what is see going to do with rest of other peoples money? If I donated $500 dollars I like to know what she is going to do with it.sleep.png

Another thing here why don't Kickstarters have caps if you read the declaimers of giving money to kick starters they are perfect for scams. Not saying Anita is a scamming people. She does seem now to be back on track with the project. Some updates on her site couldn't hurt though.

The comment thing is still a big issue though like we both agree she has plenty of supporters so why is blocking them? 

Not everything I said was addressed to you Chaos. Sorry I should made that more clear. I guess I was just backing up what is already been said by a few people already.

• 2 weeks later...

Okay, so I don't like white liberal feminist theory. And Anita Sarkeesian is the epitome of everything I find wrong with white liberal feminism. But I love Mirror's Edge. You guys know that I love Mirror's Edge. Every gaming event, you'll see me meekly ask about the game in some deep seated masochistic practice that only leaves disappointment and sorrow in it's wake. I've been doing it for 4 years! So when I decided to look it up on the search bar for any resemblance of hope in order to inevitably shoot hope down like a black kid wearing a hoodie in Sanford....I get this.

No. Please don't be true. 

tumblr_mit1uyhJLj1rzbvsto1_400.gif

I...am at a lost for words. If her twitter is true, then the game is happening...but not like this. They could have given Faith guns and taken away the Free Running, but to use the game as her fucking soapbox runs counter to everything the game is about. I'm going to cry.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oh dear GOD why? WHY!? There's nothing wrong with her being involved (As she could be really useful to them) but for EA to actually FORCE DICE to use her ideas is absolutely insane.

Seriously, not even Nintendo EAD was forced to use Miyamoto's ideas when they were making OoT.

• Thumbs Up 1

Anita is the ultimate internet troll: she has no charisma to speak of while droning on about her privileged white feminist opinions on game narratives. She isn't even slightly entertaining when making her points which is the biggest sin!

She needed money in order to fund her absurdly expensive project so she smartly plays the persecuted victim to the mean sexist internet trolls and documents every nasty thing trolls say about her, ignoring everyone who legitimately disagrees with her arguments and puts them into the same evil sexist category.

She gets all the money she wants to waste on worthless opinion pieces (still hasn't produced anything of note) and makes herself into a poor little feminist martyr too.

And now videogame controls are too hard for girls according to her. Maybe she's the sexist here?

Edited by Sir Dwayne

• 3 weeks later...

Oh look.

A video which looks at female representation in videogames... made by a girl... with no budget... and it's getting a ton of praise from both men and women which hasn't censored/prevented criticism of any kind.

Are we now ready to all admit that maybe this Anita person is a money grubbing sexist idiot that has conned a lot of people out of money?

• Thumbs Up 2

Are we now ready to all admit that maybe this Anita person is a money grubbing sexist idiot that has conned a lot of people out of money?

I haven't seen a shred of evidence of any of this, so no.

I haven't seen a shred of evidence of any of this, so no.

I take it you've not been made aware of her kickstarter and first video then?

"I need thousands of dollars to sit in a chair and then read out the TV tropes articles on female videogame characters prevent everybody from criticising what I say because that way my word must be right and then use any abuse that I do get to further prove my point whilst at the same time make more money from random talks I go to all the while ignoring any valied criticism I should really allow myself to get considering I'm on a platform right now trying to convince people that my stance is right"

Meanwhile, the above lady has actually gone out and done the research, put together a much better video, asked for no funding or had any financial backing, from the looks of that video isn't making any money from adsense revenue or any other means.

No I just don't think making a kickstarter, saying some things some people disagree with, and not wanting to directly deal with a torrent of sexism, racism, and threats makes one a "money grubbing sexist idiot".

I'll admit I haven't really watched much of her stuff or kept up with all the details of this mess, but I'm not seeing where the frothing hatred is justified.

• Thumbs Up 1

I've actually been growing more suspicious about her myself, but not because of that.

I was looking at her video of the Straw Feminist trope again, and saw that she was being dishonest over some of the choices like Powerpuff Girls and Y: The Last Man. In a way, I can see more one-sidedness from her than I did before. So I'm probably going to be a lot more critical of her next video.

But seeing another video that does a better job isn't enough for me to consider that she's a money grubbing con (tho I'm not going to throw that out the window considering the video you brought up). I can see the sexist element due to being one-sided tho. Especially since, thanks to the backlash she got for this whole kickstarted, she's basically made herself to be the voice of feminism in general, instead of it being separate schools of thought like it really is, which from what I've seen has pissed off other feminists as well.

Edit: But thanks for that video. It's much better than Anita's for sure.

EDIT2: Also, watching that video again reminds me of what I pointed out earlier in this topic regarding Female Characters in titles like Assassin's Creed Liberation and how she seemed to only view female characters who are action girls as more valuable, positive, and actual good characters than those who don't fit these traits. And it's adding a bit more to my suspicions.

Edited by ChaosSupremeSonîc

Where the hell is episode two of this series anyway? The last one went up over a month ago...If I'd paid for this I'd be getting really fucking pissed off right about now...

No I just don't think making a kickstarter, saying some things some people disagree with, and not wanting to directly deal with a torrent of sexism, racism, and threats makes one a "money grubbing sexist idiot".

I'll admit I haven't really watched much of her stuff or kept up with all the details of this mess, but I'm not seeing where the frothing hatred is justified.

You know if Martin Luther King Jr. never marched down Chicago where he met the most opposition so much that he was stoned for his commitment to his message, we wouldn't have taken him seriously. Malcolm X would have never been worth of damn if he let his message be brought down by a few rancorous dissenters while also not allowing any intelligent rebuttal to his stance because he was afraid of a few trolls. Stoakley Carmichael, Angela Davis, Fred Hampton, Asata Shakur, Kwame N'knrumah, and many others did not relent their message because they were afraid of scrutiny. If she truly believed for what she stood for, she'd wouldn't hide by her fear of retaliation that her views that, I feel like I have to remind you, she put up on the internet and siphoned money from people to make and posited her bullshit view of feminism in the media because she is too lazy to watch anything but T.V. instead of actually citing feminist theory. And I say this after actually reading her masters thesis which just cites anything made by Joss Whedon, contradicts itself and her videos, and just plain fucking sucks. She is a disgrace to real feminists with her retroactive and mundane views on what females should behave or how they should be portrayed while ignoring the cultural and heterosexual implications of her view, which often white liberal feminist do, and treating what is considered feminine as a weakness. 

So in summary, the hate she receives is utterly justified. She shouldn't throw stones and hide her hand.

Edited by turbojet
  • Thumbs Up 4

So in summary, the hate she receives is utterly justified.

Holy shit you are a horrible person.

I don't even care if her videos suck, no, the hate she gets is not justified.