Awoo.

Undertale (PC, PS4, Switch) & Deltarune (PC DEMO)

Pompadour

Hidden Content

I'm talking about the war that Asgore declared on the humans that begot his hoarding of the humans' souls to become an unstoppable monster.

They have historical backstory that gives the bare minimum context to explain the reasoning behind their presence, but as far as relevance to the game's events as well as the overall role they play, they're definitely the most non-character of the bunch.

All we know was that Chara was an evil mofo, and falling into the underground was just part of an elaborate plan to destroy mankind.

Edited by Dejablue

See, I don't think Chara was initially pure evil. I think they were EXTREMELY MESSED UP, given what they did and how they went about it, but I figure they weren't quite as psychotic pre-death

All we know of them in life was that they came to the mountain for unpleasant reasons (possible suicide), that they respected the Dreemurrs enough to make Asgore a sweater and macaroni art, but ultimately wanted to exact revenge on humanity and... committed suicide/manipulated Asriel to go about it.

I'm inclined to think that Asriel chickening out is part of why they went so crazy about killing monsters. That, and it's doubtful that Chara has a soul as they are in the Genocide route, since you kinda have to sell yours to them.

Do I think they were a sad, tortured woobie before? Eh, not necessarily, I just don't care for the 100% pure evil take as it lacks complexity.

.....Did I just get fucking played by this game.

So I'm not supposed to spare Asgore after fighting him off? WAT. WAAAAAAAAAAAAT!!!!

.....Did I just get fucking played by this game.

Hidden Content

Yeah, on your first playthrough, Asgore can not be spared.

This is supposed to be conveyed when he destroys your "Mercy" menu, but I also died countless times before I came to terms with having to fight him.

Actually.

I was referring to after you beat him, I spared him and now Flowey is just causing hell for my save file......how many times do I have to die......

Actually.

Hidden Content

Survive, that's only thing you can do.

Photoshop Flowey is pretty much a survival type of boss. Wait until you awaken all 6 Human Souls and don't worry, since Flowey saves everytime you awaken a soul. You don't have to worry about starting from the very beginning. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Hidden Content

Which I had no clue about, so when I did get all 6 Souls and died I thought I had to start from the beginning, but I didn't and came back to get past him in one go.

Actually.

Hidden Content

Oh, no that's right.  You didn't go on the wrong path or anything. XD Flowey will make your life a living Hell though.

I still don't get Toriel's anger towards Asgore...Also, am I supposed to be hiding everything I write?

In that case...

She divorced him because he wouldn't gather the six souls. But she's played off as being such a pacifist. When either way, 6 humans have to die. Toriel wanted it to happen quickly. Asgore wanted to sit tight and hope that he'd never have to do it. Toriel is being a hypocrite, if she wanted this so bad, she could have taken the 6 souls herself. 
I honestly can't tell if Toriel's reaction is on purpose or a strange writing gaffe, as it seems inconsistent to the rest of her character.

Edited by Dejablue

I don't think you read the game text right?

Toriel leaves Asgore because she is disgusted by the extremist methods that Asgore uses.  That is, declaring war on humanity and devising the plan to kill every human who enters the underground in the first place.  She didn't leave him for not gathering the souls, but does find his lack of commitment revealing of his cowardly nature.

B-but...mah spider niggah.

She said that if Asgore crossed the barrier and collected 6 more human souls, the monsters would have been freed peacefully. Code word here, peacefully.

Killing 6 people isn't peaceful. What the hell is Toriel talking about? I mean even if he had crossed the barrier and succeeded. He's doing exactly what made the humans rofl-stomp them like a thousand years prior.  He'd be inviting more death and destruction onto his own people. Doesn't sound like  good idea. I honestly think Toriel lost her mind when she said that.

Edited by Dejablue

B-but...mah spider niggah.

Hidden Content

Did she even say peacefully? Asgore declared war on the humans, and all monsters were hyped to end humanity, so even if Asgore got all the souls by crossing the barrier, they'd still go at war with the humans.

OOOr Toriel could be meaning if Asgore collected souls of humans who died of natural causes, she never said he should kill the humans.

Currently grinding for Temmie Armor. Oh why did it have to be 9999G. *sigh*

Or you could just edit the save files and type in an obscene amount of gold to get the Temmie Armor.

• Thumbs Up 1

Currently grinding for Temmie Armor. Oh why did it have to be 9999G. *sigh*

If you die a lot, the price will go down, keep finding a fight and dying to it until the price goes down to 1000G.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hidden Content

Also Dog Residue isn't the fastest legit method to grind money. Buy cloudy glasses from Gerson the turtle and sell them to Temmie for a 20G profit on each one.

Edited by DaBatGuy

Other way you can do it without needing to travel all the way to the store is just buy tem flakes for 1G and sell them back for 2G.

Takes longer but you don't even need to leave the Store HUD.

Doing it the Cloudy Glasses way only takes about 10-15 minutes.  Grinding to 9999 with Tem Flakes would take like an hour and be twice as repetitive.  I don't even know why people still talk about it as a reasonable option when the Gearson way is so much more time-efficient.

That aside you don't really gain any exclusive content by having the Temmie Armour.  It's literally just the game's "easy mode" option for those who have trouble with the bosses in the latter half of the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

I suck at dodging, believe me I need it. XD

And I wished I had known about the Cloudy Glasses earlier instead of constantly sparing monsters to gain cash and grind up to 9999G and despite knowing that death could easily lower the price, my pride refused to let me do it. Heh... heh... heh... I hate my pride.

I didn't even know about nor needed the Temmie Armor until I got to Asgore, because he was literally kicking my ass lol. But yea, the Cloudy Glasses glasses method is the most efficient way and you can do it in half of the time.

ANYWHO, I got the neutral ending and I'm doing the path towards true pacifist

I liked how appropriately bittersweet the neutral ending was really; it balances out the "everything has consequences" message while still having a ray of hope. I hope the pacifist ending doesn't ruin it. 

Speaking OF, holy crap the True Lab is creepy as fuck; what the hell did Alphys do.

• Thumbs Up 2

I didn't even know about nor needed the Temmie Armor until I got to Asgore, because he was literally kicking my ass lol. But yea, the Cloudy Glasses glasses method is the most efficient way and you can do it in half of the time.

ANYWHO, I got the neutral ending and I'm doing the path towards true pacifist

Hidden Content

What Asgore told her to do. To find a way to break the barrier using SOUL power but you know, monster souls are not as strong as human souls. 

And it all went to shit after that. Those diaries are super important for plot things!