Awoo.

Undertale (PC, PS4, Switch) & Deltarune (PC DEMO)

Pompadour

13 hours ago, ChaosSupremeSonic said:

So this Undyne must be crazy as fuck...

I'm in her house enjoying myself, and the moment I move from my seat she Chaos Spears the damn table and tells me to sit still and enjoy myself.

Like, what the fuck?:blink:

Why do you think Papyrus jumps out the window?

tumblr_inline_nwtf9s1xDG1rxlzo5_500.gif

So I beat the game and got the Golden Ending. I can definitely see the hype in this game.

My thoughts over it is that this game is a cross between Super Paper Mario and Earthbound over it's eclectic cast of wacky characters, it's immersive world, and it being loaded with cosmic horror. Toriel and Asgore reminded me of Timpani and Count Bleck, and nevermind the flower who is almost comes off like Dimentio with his sociopathy until you see who he really is.

And I had quite a lot of laughs with these characters as well. Now, I wasn't as charmed as everyone else may have been over this game and character, but that isn't to say the characters are lacking .The cast is hella charming, I'll give it that.

Now, some of the bullet hell parts could be beyond frustrating, and I wouldn't put this up as my favorite game ever. But in terms of it's world, tone, and characters, this is definitely a masterpiece worth experiencing for that alone.

EDIT: Oh, and I was about to go Genocide after the Golden ending...before leaving the Ruins, I immediately said "fuck that" and restarted everything. Good thing I didn't save during that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Undertale got a patch today. It's mostly bugfixes, but there's some new stuff too. Most notably, most of the Gaster stuff is now accessible without save editing (they use lowercase "fun" now), there's something new in Sans's lab, and Papyrus hints that he can use Gasterblasters if you spare him on a Genocide run,

• Thumbs Up 4

I was just about to ask if there was anything new in the patch apart from bug fixes.

That is heaps interesting, but I'm in the middle of a genocide run.

That moment when you realize that Papyrus' strongest attack... is Sans' normal attack. Geeze this adds a whole new level to how strong Sans is. Though it leaves one to wonder, exactly why is he so strong in the first place and why do I get the feeling it has something to do with the mysteries in that lab of his.

• Thumbs Up 6

Bit weird bumping this, but for those of you who want some proper Undertale merch, then this'll be some good news.

Fangamer, the people who've previously made the Delta Rune shirts and that Mettaton poster are releasing some new stuff relating to Undertale as well as restocking the shirts and such on Monday. One of these new things is most likely the Toriel plushie which has been teased for a while now, but then Fangamer went and posted this on their Twitter.

CZ1q4-tUAAAX24q.png

Papyrus statue! (or at least some mini-figures like the Psychonauts ones they sell, but I'm hoping it's both) This looks amazing already and we only have a picture of his friggin' shoe. This'll also be the first time we'll see a Undertale character rendered in official 3D (unless you count that Toriel from Undertale's launch trailer, but that looked too realistic to be official) so it's gonna be pretty interesting to see this on Monday!

6 hours ago, True Detective Soni said:

Aww, dammit!

More Undertale merch?!

Welp, looks like I'll be bankrupt soon enough.

But Soni! You're made of money! Papyrus will be cheap for you! D:

I do want Papyrus too but it depends on when he comes out. His boot looks nice.

• Thumbs Up 1

Don't gotta wait to see their full designs either. Here's the entire "Little Buddy" set, including Papyrus, Lesser Dog, and now "The Human", Toriel, and Sans!

UT_figcombo_main_1024x1024.jpg?v=1454358

They're not up for sale yet. However, looks like the Toriel plush is finally available for 28 bucks. I'm too broke to purchase any of the merch, but once I get the money, I'd love at least a shirt and figurine! Here's hoping they'll make an Undyne figurine sometime soon too. 

Well I just bought the Megalovania shirt cause it looks cool.

Spoiler

And it's proof that I live with the fact that I completed the Genocide Run.

The other stuff looks cool but nothing that peaks my interest.

Really? No one's talking about this?

638.png

Toby confirmed on his Twitter one of the heads at Nintendo was discussing with him a port for the Wii U, yes, he said specifically the Wii U, mentioning how porting the game would need to remake it from scratch as the Wii U doesn't support Game Maker, however it would not be made by him, as he has no understanding of Wii U game developing.

He also discussed a 3DS port, saying he'd probably try to figure out a way of using the dual screen or it'd feel like a wasted chance.

So that's it, it can take a while even if it's announced and it'll probs have a LOT of differences since it'd be done from scratch on a different engine.

• Thumbs Up 2

Naaah

The game just wouldn't hold up on anything but the PC

I'm welcome to be proven wrong, but as it stands, it just won't be the same experience.

Soooo, I finally got the chance to play undertale and I'm generally impressed. It's a pretty unique rpg. I want to back and do the True ending but that will be some other time...

Mettaton and Papyrus are hilarious. Their easily my favorite characters in the game. 

So this hobbyist developer from Germany has been doing some work/a project on porting a possible playable build to the 3DS...and needless to say...he's making a lot of good headway. There may even a demo out of it (that means actual footage of the game running on the 3DS!) next month if things go well.

Reminder...this is just a fan project. But it's looking so official.

Definitely the best game I've played in ages. The writing's incredible, in a way that really takes advantage of the medium. It mines a similar meta territory to Metal Gear Solid in some ways, which is like catnip to me. 

I got the True Pacifist ending a couple of days ago, and it's actually made me really sad to realise that all is left to do is a Genocide run. I don't want to do it! 

20 minutes ago, Hyp3hat said:

Definitely the best game I've played in ages. The writing's incredible, in a way that really takes advantage of the medium. It mines a similar meta territory to Metal Gear Solid in some ways, which is like catnip to me. 

I got the True Pacifist ending a couple of days ago, and it's actually made me really sad to realise that all is left to do is a Genocide run. I don't want to do it! 

Before you do that, I recommend deciding if you're going to be 100% dedicated to it and is willing to accept whatever may happen. If not then I suggest not doing the Genocide Run.

So, I've been doing a Dark Souls 2 cosplay build of Undyne, and a funny thing happened:  

I rejoin the Blue Sentinels, and the first duel I do on the character, who do I run into?  ANOTHER Undyne Cosplayer.  

2016-02-09_00001.jpg

10 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

Well it's not like you have to do all endings to 100% the game. I think the point of the game is to play it until you are satisfied with the ending you've got, so you don't have to do the Genocide run if you don't want to. You can always watch a playthrough of it if you really want to know what happens.

• Thumbs Up 1

Finally completed my first run in this game (guess you could call it a neutral run, didn't kill any of the last few bosses).

Man, this game has so much soul and love put into it that it is an experience not to be missed. It's heartwarming.  So many moments in this game that have tugged my heartstrings and made me think a lot about of life. This is a game I will recommend to everyone and anyone. temouttatem

What an experience.

I'd love to see a sequel or continuation of sorts, but if it's not something that can carry on the legacy, I'll say this is a gem of story telling and media that needs to be treasured and cherished forever, and stored in the classics of video games. Thank you Toby Fox. 

• Thumbs Up 2

6 hours ago, Mauricius said:

Well it's not like you have to do all endings to 100% the game. I think the point of the game is to play it until you are satisfied with the ending you've got, so you don't have to do the Genocide run if you don't want to. You can always watch a playthrough of it if you really want to know what happens.

Oh believe me, I'm not interested in 100%ing it (I haven't the patience to do that for any game whatsoever) but watching a playthough for something I paid for seems a little off. It's just going to be super sad because I really like all of the characters. 

6 hours ago, Hyp3hat said:

Oh believe me, I'm not interested in 100%ing it (I haven't the patience to do that for any game whatsoever) but watching a playthough for something I paid for seems a little off. It's just going to be super sad because I really like all of the characters. 

Then believe me, I wouldn't recommend doing Genocide. The game is without giving anything away, very aware and once you do Genocide, there is no turning back... and you can never get a happy ending in the game again. Well you could delete the files but Toby Fox took precautions to make sure that getting rid of the Genocide Run memory is very tricky since it'll save to four different places.

Remember when Matt used to make theories about FNAF?

Guess what? He started making Undertale theories. This one revolves around Sans. It has spoilers so don't watch if you still haven't finished or plan to play it

• Thumbs Up 1

I watched it I'm not really convinced since some of the facts rely on fan material. That's like me making a Transformers theory and declaring that my fan fic Transformers VG was part of the TF multiverse and supports my theory. When it boils down to it, the theory seems more like a fan fic.

• Thumbs Up 2