Awoo.

Undertale (PC, PS4, Switch) & Deltarune (PC DEMO)

Pompadour

So I beat it the other day with Aoi/Cee here.

Did full pacifist and got the true pacifist ending. Like to many others it's been a fucking fantastic game, and it's definitely been sticking with me long after completion. I could go into depth about the "HOMG THIS ONE PART!!1!" and whatnot, but what I honestly wanted to share with everyone is how it's affected me lately. I've been becoming really obsessed with the music, and for the first time in almost 2 years I feel really inspired to make music again. I've been pretty blah about touching my guitar or any other thing related to music since I've been so burnt out and uninspired, but something about this game really brought it out of me.

It's strange because I'm not really sure what it is other than listening to the music and remembering back to the experiences of the game. Maybe that's what I've been missing? Purpose and feeling to music instead of it simply sounding awesome? Whatever it is, it's like a world off my shoulders and breath of fresh air. I've found myself booting up iTunes and just playing the soundtrack and playing along to it; trying to learn songs or just have fun jamming over the top of them.

I could be reaaally fucking cheesy right now and say I guess I'm just more determined than ever, but it's true, and I love it. If I ever meet that Toby dude, I need to thank him for lighting a fire under my butt.

• Thumbs Up 3

So I beat it the other day with Aoi/Cee here.

Did full pacifist and got the true pacifist ending. Like to many others it's been a fucking fantastic game, and it's definitely been sticking with me long after completion. I could go into depth about the "HOMG THIS ONE PART!!1!" and whatnot, but what I honestly wanted to share with everyone is how it's affected me lately. I've been becoming really obsessed with the music, and for the first time in almost 2 years I feel really inspired to make music again. I've been pretty blah about touching my guitar or any other thing related to music since I've been so burnt out and uninspired, but something about this game really brought it out of me.

It's strange because I'm not really sure what it is other than listening to the music and remembering back to the experiences of the game. Maybe that's what I've been missing? Purpose and feeling to music instead of it simply sounding awesome? Whatever it is, it's like a world off my shoulders and breath of fresh air. I've found myself booting up iTunes and just playing the soundtrack and playing along to it; trying to learn songs or just have fun jamming over the top of them.

I could be reaaally fucking cheesy right now and say I guess I'm just more determined than ever, but it's true, and I love it. If I ever meet that Toby dude, I need to thank him for lighting a fire under my butt.

Dude, it's awesome to hear that your inner fire for music got ignited because of this game! May you be filled with determination, my friend! Can't wait to hear your renditions too! That Bonetrousle one was really good for a quick taste!

I'm constantly impressed by how much mileage Toby gets out of just a few songs in this game.  The final boss themes were so memorable to me in a way that felt like I'd heard them a million times before, then realising I had.  Even weeks after playing, only in the last week or so did I notice that Dogsong follows the same basic melody as Enemy Approaching, and that Spider Dance is another remix of Ghost Fight/Dummy!.

I'd kind of love to know how many songs this game actually has in terms of the raw melodies involved, even when only used as start points for songs.

• Thumbs Up 3

And also don't forget that MEGALOVANIA is pretty much Toby's signature song!

I loved the way he used that song too:

You've become a megalomaniac by the end of the genocide run. It is your very own 'boss' theme.

• Thumbs Up 1

So i just finished the neutral run of Undertale earlier.

Wow.

This game kinda blew me away.

*Minor*

There's just something about Undertale that works so well; It's fantastic world-building is complimented by it's music, it's fourth-wall tricks and surprises are complemented by the atmosphere of the game, it just feels so coherent.

I honestly can't re-

Woah wait I forgot to do the best ending of the game

im not done yet

Edited by Kaze no Klonoa
  • Thumbs Up 1

Minor spoilers for Undertale. So I'm liking the game so far. Using a bullet hell like structure for battles is something I haven't seen before, and I'm also enjoying the writing.

I have one question though. I couldn't help but get curious. I killed Toriel during my run, thinking that there was no way to spare her. Like I said, I just couldn't help but get curious, and it turns out that yeah, you can spare her, by apparently spamming the spare button? Was there anyway for me to know this? The tutorial frog told me that when I can spare an enemy, it will be highlighted in yellow. I seriously thought Toriel was unsparable. (That's a new word...)

Minor spoilers for Undertale. So I'm liking the game so far. Using a bullet hell like structure for battles is something I haven't seen before, and I'm also enjoying the writing.

Hidden Content

Her dialogue changes with each time you press 'spare'. It's a subtle indication but killing Toriel is kind of the game telling you 'you could've tried harder another way through determination'.

I see, so it's a think outside the box type game. I'll keep that in mind during my playthrough then. Looks like I won't be getting the Pacifist Run though. I mean, I did find it suspicious that she misses you on purpose during the bullet time gameplay. After she started missing me on purpose I kept trying to talk to her through the act option, but nothing came out of it. Ah well...

Edited by kboyrulez12345

The frog also mentions that you may have to spare an enemy when their name isn't yellow. It is THE most important NPC dialogue in the game.

If you decide to stick with that run, I highly encourage you to go and do a second run for the true end.

• Thumbs Up 1

So I beat this about a day or so ago, full pacifist run.

Let me tell you, this put itself way up there on my list of "games that jump beyond my expectations". Was expecting a cool game I'd dig, and got so much more than that. It's been on my mind like crazy the past couple of days, and tbh it surpasses the hype I was put into before playing it. Really. And there was a lot of hype surrounding it when I started playing.

I just love every character in this game an extreme amount. Everyone was written so well, and the entire main cast is so lovable. Much like Earthbound, my main complaint about the game is that I wish I could just keep interacting with these characters forever, because I've grown so attached, even to many of the minor characters (including good ol' Burgerpants, which is my avatar/sig right now lmao).

Just.. one heck of a game. 11/10 tbh; it's def my GOTY by far and I think it's in my top ten favorite games at this point. And to be honest, it's left that upcoming MOTHER 4 fangame a lot to live up to.. Not because Undertale isn't unique enough to stand out from being a successor to the MOTHER franchise (oh no, not at all!), but because the great vibes, the huuuuge laughs and the sentimentality I got with this game brought me right back to why I loved EB to begin with, and may make M4 pale in comparison. But who knows!

I don't know, you don't know, he she we they dunno. Undertale is just such an incredible game. Not for everyone, of course, but it gets me right where it matters.

Also, big time spoilers but

sans and Toriel OTP <333333

• Thumbs Up 7

Wow, just wow.

I didn't watched that clip for less than a minute and I can already tell that he's strawmanning the shit out of this. 

"All video games have violence"

Undertale encourages to be a pacifist.....

Yeah, just the typical dumb old guy that doesn't know what he's actually talking about....

• Thumbs Up 2

...or he know and he's just baiting for views.

Yeah, I really doubt he knows anything about Undertale.

Wow, just wow.

I didn't watched that clip for less than a minute and I can already tell that he's strawmanning the shit out of this. 

"All video games have violence"

Undertale encourages to be a pacifist.....

Yeah, just the typical dumb old guy that doesn't know what he's actually talking about....

That's just it, he doesn't know the actual game name, it's a single image taken out of context, that if you know nothing about it, you can take in the wrong way. He took a very smart path in not trashing the game, but doing the best he can without knowing for sure what the game is. It's called a tactical response

I think a lot of people's reactions have been "oh my god" or "this is so embarrassing" but honestly the fact that it was just some tumblr troll makes it like 100000000000x funnier to me

Like yeaaahh it's a bit of a petty prank and fans of any fandom shouldn't be doing this so much but tbh I just died when I found out. Like c'mon it's the fucking 700 Club it's really hard to feel bad for these guys

It'll be bad if more people end up trolling them or other companies though. Like we don't need that sort of obnoxiousness, please

Oh yeah. Official Undertale merch is now a thing. Toby Fox has specifically stated that he doesn't want mass-produced unofficial merch to circulate so I would suggest you guys not buy anything except from this site. Personally I'm gonna hold out to see if any new shirt designs come down the line. The red shirt's cool but I don't think I'd get it, especially since it's a bit spoilerly.

• Thumbs Up 4

I preordered the pack a week or so ago, still waiting for the plushie to become available.

You gotta admit though, Undyne's face in that poster is the best.