Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

I'm very excited to see what this so-called NX is all about, all rumors sound great, even if they're just rumors! I'd certainly love a console/handheld hybrid just for being able to play both kinds of game on a single system!

I'll surely get it for Sonic 2017 and whatever Mario game Nintendo has in store.

I think their official word on the matter is "fall," but more specifically, a lot people seem to think September is on the cards.  It's a safe guess.

• 2 weeks later...

A Twitter user has uncovered a rumor that NX could be revealed on September 23rd in San Francisco. 

https://www.twitter.com/CEOofGreatness/status/769334476631441408
https://www.twitter.com/CEOofGreatness/status/769338008004808704

EDIT: It seems that, contrary to what he thought, it wasn't taken down. https://www.amazon.com/forum/video games?_encoding=UTF8&cdForum=Fx1T1DM93QU4XL1&cdThread=Tx3CK9MD114F3G8

Hahaha, holy crap! It's gonna be surreal as Hell to see a return to cartridge-based gaming.

I'd prefer it, honestly. That's not nostalgia talking - I didn't play many cartridge-based games. It's the fact that cartridges don't really have to worry about scratches the way discs do.

I can sell off my old N64 cartridges without much concern. I have to inspect my discs religiously for any flaws.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not exactly a 'return' to carts when Nintendo's handhelds have always been using carts. And if the NX is a 'hybrid' like the recent reports claim, then carts are literally the only viable physical medium for retail games on a handheld device. Even the Vita uses carts after the absolute disaster that was the PSP's UMDs.

I just hope the carts aren't ridiculously expensive. Surely they wouldn't be the big, bulky, costly carts like the N64 had, would they? Having bad flashbacks to the N64 days when every new game purchase practically broke the bank...

• Thumbs Up 1

Flash and solid-state media in general is becoming increasingly affordable, and chances are we'll get 32GB ROM/flash carts at the very least with a similar physical size to DS/3DS/Vita carts. 

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Candescence said:

Flash and solid-state media in general is becoming increasingly affordable, and chances are we'll get 32GB ROM/flash carts at the very least with a similar physical size to DS/3DS/Vita carts. 

from an aesthetics angle I think we'll get something a bit bigger depending on the system size, for nostalgia and look alone, perhaps closer to a Turbographix cartridge

Image result for turbografx game cartridge Which is about the size of a credit card

10 hours ago, Candescence said:

Cool. I'd totally be down with that.

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Spoiler

They're already talking about giving it away as a prize and we still don't know what it is :-/

At least they seem confident in it coming out on time...

• Thumbs Up 2

12 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Hide contents

They're already talking about giving it away as a prize and we still don't know what it is :-/

At least they seem confident in it coming out on time...

The final seems to be in March, and they already announced one as a prize for the T-shirt contest

• Thumbs Up 1

Maybe that's how they intend to unveil it. No videos, no trailers, no conference...

Just some asshole wins one, and they can tell us all about it.

• Thumbs Up 6

• 2 weeks later...
22 minutes ago, Flamerstreak said:

Say, has anyone seen this?

http://www.shacknews.com/article/96752/nintendo-nx-reveal-rumored-for-october-2016-once-again

Some analysts think the NX will be revealed in October.

They said the same thing about September. Tbh I think it can still be announced in September, but they'd have to announce the date of the reveal next week.

8 minutes ago, Indigo Rush said:

Whelp, they're bound to get it right eventually.

This exactly.

These analysts don't know a damn thing. They're playing it by ear just like we are. All the past rumors, analysts, and everything said September... until it wasn't. Or at least wasn't looking likely. So now they're jumping on October.

The fact is, they don't have any facts.

• Thumbs Up 1

1 minute ago, JaidynReiman said:

They said the same thing about September. Tbh I think it can still be announced in September, but they'd have to announce the date of the reveal next week.

This exactly.

These analysts don't know a damn thing. They're playing it by ear just like we are. All the past rumors, analysts, and everything said September... until it wasn't. Or at least wasn't looking likely. So now they're jumping on October.

The fact is, they don't have any facts.

I still think it can be announced in September. This news is a few days old, but I have doubted these analysts people. Like you said, Jaidyn, it is not like they had any facts to back it up any.

Insider rumor: the NX will be revealed before 2018.

My friend's uncle's pet cat works at Sega who has a friend who visited Nintendo's E3 2016 booth and he said Reggie told him that info for a $20 bill.

Also it will have RAM.

• Thumbs Up 4

But seriously...

On 9/15/2016 at 8:15 AM, Operationgamer17 said:

The creator of the Game Pencil Engine just posted this on Twitter. 

https://www.twitter.com/Pawbyte/status/776116402176438272

How do we know this will be exactly about the NX, other than the hashtag? It could be something about the engine mentioned in the twitter or something else.

Yeah, if you look at the guy's replies to the tweets it doesn't sound like he really knows shit about the NX reveal. I don' think anybody knows. Reggie himself is probably waiting for the call from Japan to see when they're actually gonna do the thing.