Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

If they're going to make any announcements of new games, I'd love for Animal Crossing Switch to be revealed. I'm so ready for a new installment. I ended up playing Zelda mostly at home, but I could easily see myself playing in both docked and portable modes with this franchise.

Worth noting: the apple event is tomorrow. They could reveal Animal Crossing mobile there and Animal Crossing Switch during the Direct.

DJe80hUUMAAKSt0?format=jpg

Some random anon got lucky on 4chan and got the date of the Direct correctly. There's no way this is real but I love a good fake leak every now and then.

That is way, way too many characters. Who the hell is Cecilia, anyway? I mean, I've seen characters named Cecilia, but I don't know of any specific stand out characters with that name.

1 hour ago, Zippo said:

Some random anon got lucky on 4chan and got the date of the Direct correctly. There's no way this is real but I love a good fake leak every now and then.

Seems fake, but Ghirahim would be an awesome addition. Same as Rayman.

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

That is way, way too many characters. Who the hell is Cecilia, anyway? I mean, I've seen characters named Cecilia, but I don't know of any specific stand out characters with that name.

We're pretty sure he's talking about Celica from Fire Emblem Echoes.

I'm banking on it just being a port like MK8. Possibly getting similar treatment like Deluxe HIGHLY doubt it's a new game. Hell if anything, if it were a thing it'll probably just bring over Smash run and nothing else.

Then again i'm going in with really low expections of it being anything big. So it's all just a MASSIVE grain of salt to me.

• Thumbs Up 1

3 hours ago, Zippo said:

Yeah, no. While the date guess is correct, there are way too many new characters and some of them don' really make sense (Lycanroc over Decidueye? Tom Nook? Meat Boy? ANOTHER Fire Emblem character?). Maybe they'll really announce a new/port of Smash Bros., but not with that baggage.

At best it's a Mario kart 8 situation. With maybe one or two additions to the characters. And I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers or Wolf would be the most likely choices. If we're talking brand new additions, maybe a Splatoon character if they don't get a stage. 

20 hours ago, KHCast said:

At best it's a Mario kart 8 situation. With maybe one or two additions to the characters. And I'm pretty sure Ice Climbers or Wolf would be the most likely choices. If we're talking brand new additions, maybe a Splatoon character if they don't get a stage. 

Yeah, no. Its too late for that now. That would've happened a long time ago. At this point its far more likely to be a Splatoon 2 situation. Basically the same game engine but treated as a brand new game. And probably isn't getting announced yet because of that.

10 hours ago, Operationgamer17 said:

It was discovered that on the Japanese Direct, Super Smash Bros 4 appeared in a tag as the game being played. Source Gaming did and investigation and found that this may be no accident. Click on the tweet and read the whole thread. https://www.twitter.com/AllSourceGaming/status/907445479826448385

This could mean something, but I still doubt it does.

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

Yeah, no. Its too late for that now. That would've happened a long time ago. At this point its far more likely to be a Splatoon 2 situation. Basically the same game engine but treated as a brand new game. And probably isn't getting announced yet because of that.

This could mean something, but I still doubt it does.

Do we know when development started likely for it? And I don't see how it'd be impossible to add in someone like wolf or ice Climbers 

5 minutes ago, KHCast said:

Do we know when development started likely for it? And I don't see how it'd be impossible to add in someone like wolf or ice Climbers 

I never said it'd be impossible to add in Wolf and Ice Climbers. I simply said the odds are insanely unlikely its just Smash 4 + two new characters. That's a first year thing only at best. At this point, they'd just go for a new iteration and aim for it to be an early release on Switch instead of a mid-cycle release like it usually is.

Sakurai stated a while back that he considered Smash 3DS to be Smash 4, and Smash Wii U to be Smash 5. Also, before Smash for 3DS/Wii U released, Namco Bandai was hiring for "Smash 6."

http://nintendoeverything.com/bandai-namco-hiring-for-smash-bros-6-which-launches-next-year/

Allegedly it stated it was for release the following year, which obviously didn't happen (but there was DLC). Wouldn't surprise me, though, if the DLC was intended to be the initial start of Smash Switch's development.

Either way, though, whether this was just referring to the DLC or not, its irrelevant. If we were getting a plain Smash 4 port with a couple new characters, that'd have been announced already and planned for release for the holiday season.

43 minutes ago, Daisy-Fan said:

@JaidynReiman its a character from FE6, but i'm pretty sure he meant Celica.

I'm aware of Cecilia in FE6, but she's insanely obscure there's no way she'd ever be added to this kinda of list. I was thinking maybe she was a major character from something like Animal Crossing (there is a Cecilia, but she's not that major far as I can tell).

Them meaning Celica makes a lot more sense, though. I wouldn't mind Celica, tbh, but at that rate, they might as well just add Lyn, a far more popular character who would have a unique moveset (Robin is already Celica pretty much) and they could throw in bows on top of it. And who is already in Smash anyway.

• Thumbs Up 1

We're going to get more news about next year later. Probably at the end of the year or in January. Wouldn't even be surprised if Smash is next year. But yeah, I didn't think it'd get announced this early. (I did think we'd get SOMETHING else for next year, so it surprised me a bit that it didn't happen.)

Currently we mainly know of three first-party Switch games for next year--Kirby, Yoshi, and Fire Emblem. I think we'll also see a DK, Animal Crossing, and Pikmin next year. We'll be lucky if MP4 and Pokemon release next year.