Jump to content
Brad

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Recommended Posts

I wasn't disappointed by the direct, but it did seem odd for the Zelda DLC to be left out. Maybe a Zelda direct is on the horizon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

DKrXJVrV4AA6XIt.jpg

John Cena was at NOA yesterday for some unknown reason. It's being speculated that he may host next weekend's Nintendo World Championships in Manhattan.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't know if this is the right place to ask but, does anyone else really bad Wi-Fi connections with the Switch?

It doesn't want to access the e-Shop because of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

My Switch seems to have a really short range, but a good connection when in range.  If you mean by 'bad' that you have to be really near by the connection point, I've seen other people complaining about this as well.  If you mean the connection once established is bad, I don't have that problem and haven't seen many complaints about that; it may be an issue with your system.   Is it new, or is the problem new?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Operationgamer17 said:

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle confirmed for Switch today via trailer.

 

Still no FighterZ.

Oh well, was planning on getting it on PS4 anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FInally, a mainline full-flegged SMT on a proper home console.
If it's exclusive this might be my cue to get a Switch.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I absolutely ADORE the Switch! <3 Me and the bf were very lucky to get one back in March. We didn’t pre order it due to the underwhelming January presentation (I admit I was against pre ordering it ^^;; ), so when we found out how amazing Breath if the Wild was we instantly regretted it. Luckily we found one in Toys R Us the morning of release; only two in stock, we took one and a family next to us took the other. O-O 

Anyway, so far we have a small but decent collection of games including Breath of the Wild, Arms, Splatoon 2, Mario Kart 8 Deluxe and soon to include Super Mario Odyssey! We also have indie games like Shantae Half Genie Hero, Shovel Knight and Sonic Mania. And there’s still more to get! 

I think my favourite thing about the Switch is the hybrid design of the console. I love being able to play it on a tv, then taking the console out and playing it in bed before going to sleep.

It’s brilliant! I’m so glad this is a success for Nintendo. Sure it may have its flaws like dodgy online and no Miiverse, but I still love the console!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm happy the console is doing well, but I can't help but be a bit upset over the fact that most features and "luxuries" you find with the ps4 and xbone are either absent entirely from the  Switch or terribly played down. Luckily my ps4, is my main, go to, console where I can  watch youtube, netflix, hulu, crunchy roll and etc as well as stream games, record 15mins or more of video and much more. I'm happy that Nintendo is adding these features, even  if it's taking some time. Kinda wish the recording feature was just a system thing and not a software to software feature that the developers HAVE to add in. And only 30 secs? I feel people are giving Nintendo a pass on features that should have been on the console since day 1 but are trickling their way down bit by bit. 

 

I understand the console is significantly less powerful than the Xbone or ps4, (the same goes for the Wii U for this generation), which is why Nintendo consoles as of late have always been a second choice console in my household. Can't wait for Odyssey tho...it's been awhile since I picked up a mainstream Mario Game

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When the Switch first launched back in March it almost felt to me like a soft launch due to its plain (but functional) OS and Eshop. I still like its simple design now but I was hoping they would add a couple more features such as Netflix, YouTube and err, Virtual Console. Or is the latter just not happening anymore? O.o

Either way, it’s great to have that PS4/Switch combo. You really do get the best of both worlds with those two consoles and if you own a PC on top of that it’s a bonus too.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/10/2017 at 10:03 PM, LunarEdge said:

And only 30 secs? I feel people are giving Nintendo a pass on features that should have been on the console since day 1 but are trickling their way down bit by bit. 

Apparently the time is likely to be extended and this is essentially a beta, but it's not like the Switch has a 500GB hard drive to spare. And frankly, most "holy shit" moments don't need more than 30 secs anyway.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/26/2017 at 2:48 PM, Candescence said:

Apparently the time is likely to be extended and this is essentially a beta, but it's not like the Switch has a 500GB hard drive to spare. And frankly, most "holy shit" moments don't need more than 30 secs anyway.

I heard about the possible time extension, but the fact that the feature is still tied to specific software (if the dev adds it or not) still kinda irks me. I feel you shoulda had the option for more than 30 secs if you had a sd card in or anything along the lines of extending the on-board memory. The other day I was playing Sonic Mania on my Switch and I did something and I was like "ooo, let me record that!" to hold down the capture button to be told the software doesn't support it. Was it all that upsetting? No. But it was just a reminder on how underpowered and simple the console is, which is entirely a negative

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, LunarEdge said:

I heard about the possible time extension, but the fact that the feature is still tied to specific software (if the dev adds it or not) still kinda irks me. I feel you shoulda had the option for more than 30 secs if you had a sd card in or anything along the lines of extending the on-board memory. The other day I was playing Sonic Mania on my Switch and I did something and I was like "ooo, let me record that!" to hold down the capture button to be told the software doesn't support it. Was it all that upsetting? No. But it was just a reminder on how underpowered and simple the console is, which is entirely a negative

With current market ready tech the switch is as powerful as it can be for the price factor, and it’ll be a few years before you could make anything more powerful. Well unless you want it to start melting your fingers off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/1/2017 at 6:50 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

With current market ready tech the switch is as powerful as it can be for the price factor, and it’ll be a few years before you could make anything more powerful. Well unless you want it to start melting your fingers off

I made a oops and wrote a typo, I meant to say "Which ISNT entirely a negative."

I like the switch for what it is. Simple, convenient and full of 1st party properties I love.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×