Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

I thought so.

So it looks like there will not be a Direct this week, huh? Fine by me. At least I am not whining about that.

51 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

I thought so.

So it looks like there will not be a Direct this week, huh? Fine by me. At least I am not whining about that.

It hasn't been announced yet, so yeah, definitely not this week. However, it looks like its very likely there was a Direct scheduled this week that got pushed back.

4 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

It hasn't been announced yet, so yeah, definitely not this week. However, it looks like its very likely there was a Direct scheduled this week that got pushed back.

Hopefully not because of the leaks that predicted that the Direct would come this week.

16 minutes ago, CrystalStorm51 said:

Hopefully not because of the leaks that predicted that the Direct would come this week.

Very unlikely. Stuff has gotten leaked all the time in the past. Devs, including Nintendo, typically just pretend like the leaks never happen. Sometimes leaks affect reveals, but not often. Directs have gotten leaked in the past and still released on time.

If anything, it got delayed due to a last minute change.

• Thumbs Up 2

My guess is this is going to get announced 24 hours before airing. So roughly in an hour's time.
If not then, twenty hours before airing.
If not then, unless they do something ridiculous like announce it an hour before airing, it's either Friday, Tuesday, or next Thursday.

Though I have to say, this seems to have gone beyond the Sonic 25th party levels of hype. In fact, it seems near to E3 hype, which can only be a bad thing.

If we keep on predicting it will be announced in the following hour, every hour, then eventually we've got to be right!

• Chuckle 1

5 hours ago, FFWF said:

If we keep on predicting it will be announced in the following hour, every hour, then eventually we've got to be right!

Closer than you could imagine pal. 

Pretty sure it's here,  unless this mini direct is just something to tide us over for the real deal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Even if it was pretty port-heavy with the announcements, I still really enjoyed this direct. I was extremely excited to see that The World Ends With You, one of my all-time favorite games, is coming to Switch. Can't wait for that!

Also, having DKC Tropical Freeze and (non-3DS) Hyrule Warriors on the go will be nice.

Noting to wrong with ports but I'm pretty sure they are saving heavy hitters for e3 direct.  they can grab a large boom just showing a 3d Pokemon even a glimpse. Hell if it has 1080 graphics ala Mario or botw consider Nintendo kings of 2018

This is a mini Direct. In any case, for a Mini Direct, fucking amazing. And there's a massive DK presence here I'm quite pleased with.

Hyrule Warriors I'm mixed on. Yeah, it has all content including all DLC, but I already have all that content. The costumes aren't enough to justify it for me. However, there's plenty of time to announce something new.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pretty sure neither Mario or Zelda is 1080p.

Anyway, Mario Tennis looks cool. This is the first time the guys are dressed for tennis. And a story mode! They listened! Though, judging by the trailer it won't be as RPG-esque as the older ones :-/

The music in Celeste was great.

>Didn't expect anything big from the mini-Direct
>saw "The World Ends With You remixed for Switch"
>got a little bit excited, but then started thinking "That's gonna be a mobile port, so eh"
>sees the announcement on the actual mini-Direct video
>"a new sizeable scenario putting you right in the heat of the story"
>there's a girl that was teased 5 years ago on the mobile version if you complete the game
>apparently it also has control scheme similar to the DS version

brb fucking dying

The rest of the announcements were okay as well, even though it was a bit port-heavy. But eh, it's a Mini-Direct, so whatever.

• Thumbs Up 4

6 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Pretty sure neither Mario or Zelda is 1080p.

Anyway, Mario Tennis looks cool. This is the first time the guys are dressed for tennis. And a story mode! They listened! Though, judging by the trailer it won't be as RPG-esque as the older ones :-/

Mario is 1080 docked pretty sure.honestly docked is 90% of my switch use. Again very port heavy even if its a mini direct is a excuse now. but most these days like ports and remaster a lot. If anything they are saving up for announcments on the obline service and virtual console. Hopefully those are the next big things I'm pumped for

And we have yet another version of Hyrule Warriors, with all previously available DLC from the 3DS and WiiU versions, plus Champion's Outfits from BotW for Link and Zelda.

Did the guy say the "qua" part in Rayquaza wrong? I've been pronouncing it like "Aquatic", but he says it "way" :-/

9 minutes ago, Meta77 said:

Mario is 1080 docked pretty sure.honestly docked is 90% of my switch use. Again very port heavy even if its a mini direct is a excuse now. but most these days like ports and remaster a lot. If anything they are saving up for announcments on the obline service and virtual console. Hopefully those are the next big things I'm pumped for

Nope. 900p is the highest it goes.

"To put it simply, in the final game, Super Mario Odyssey uses two different display modes in handheld and docked modes. When docked, a dynamic resolution scaler is in effect. This is something that Nintendo has been dabbling with for years now, but Odyssey is more flexible than usual. Depending on the action, Odyssey ranges from a high-end at 1600x900 to lower resolutions like 1440x810 and even 1280x720. It doesn't often drop all the way down to 720p but the intermediate 810p is common in busy areas."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-how-super-mario-odyssey-pushes-switch-to-its-limits

8 minutes ago, Marcello said:

Did the guy say the "qua" part in Rayquaza wrong? I've been pronouncing it like "Aquatic", but he says it "way" :-/

Nope. 900p is the highest it goes.

"To put it simply, in the final game, Super Mario Odyssey uses two different display modes in handheld and docked modes. When docked, a dynamic resolution scaler is in effect. This is something that Nintendo has been dabbling with for years now, but Odyssey is more flexible than usual. Depending on the action, Odyssey ranges from a high-end at 1600x900 to lower resolutions like 1440x810 and even 1280x720. It doesn't often drop all the way down to 720p but the intermediate 810p is common in busy areas."

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/digitalfoundry-2017-how-super-mario-odyssey-pushes-switch-to-its-limits

I've been lying to myself every time i play it

• Chuckle 1

I just saw that Funky is now playable in a port of Tropical Freeze.  Well if he's helping his fam in action, then who's running the shop?

Rtc9Nfe.gif

49 minutes ago, Tailikku said:

I just saw that Funky is now playable in a port of Tropical Freeze.  Well if he's helping his fam in action, then who's running the shop?

Rtc9Nfe.gif

My guess is you pay Funky to let you play as him. If that's not the case, maybe someone will replace Funky? Swanky or Candy Kong could both work. Though Swanky hasn't been around since DKC3. Granted, Candy hasn't been around in a long time, either.

1 hour ago, Tailikku said:

Rtc9Nfe.gif

Yeah, I bet his gimmick is that he runs faster than everyone else...

I'm not sure if I'd buy that. Most Mini-Directs I know were focused on a single game, and I don't see how they'll add on to anything in the JAN-MAR lineup. Then again, we had correctly guessed from the Twitter posts that it would be a surprise unveiling, so maybe that theory isn't too far off either.