Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

29 minutes ago, Lady Soniko said:

Having a wired connection defeats the purpose of the console being half used as a handheld though lol, the 3DS gets good signal and wifi coverage, I hope it gets fixed in time for Splatoon 2. I wonder if that's part of the reason for the testfire at the end of the month?

3ds does pretty good. I literally forgot about that but does the system hybrid a connection. Like wired in the dock bit if you take it out it goes wireless?

With the Switch you can use a wired connection in docked mode if you have one of those lan adapter peripherals. One improvement for the Wi-Fi is that it now supports 5GHz channel signals though, which is faster and generally far more stable than 2.4 GHz signals as long as you're within reasonable distance (I use a 5 GHz wi-fi connection on my desktop 2 floors below the router and don't have any hiccups).

http://www.siliconera.com/2017/03/20/new-pokmon-switch-horizon-game-freak-recruiting-console-project/

Almost complete confirmation that Game Freak is working on a console Pokemon game. If the Pokemon Stars rumors are to be believed however, this sounds like a brand new Pokemon generation early in development, makes sense that Pokemon Stars would be an appetizer for a built from the ground up Generation 8 game. We also know that Game Freak usually has two teams working on separate Pokemon games concurrently.

"Game Freak is recruiting for a new console development project and they’re in need of 3D CG designers with experience on Wii U and PS Vita level character models using animation and modeling software Maya.

In the staff recruitment ad, Game Freak is looking for someone that can consult with the programmers and work on assisting with data. It starts out with “Here’s a chance to work on the development of a globally popular RPG!” The work requires using material to create cartoon-like super deformed characters, monsters, and item models."

• Thumbs Up 1

I mean that's not really a shock. Pokemon is one of those money makers. Just say the name and people would buy it. Now say a new metroid or Mario maker for switch then you got me!

I dunno guys, you're kind of reaching here. A globally popular RPG that has monsters by Game Freak could be anything.

• Thumbs Up 3

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

I dunno guys, you're kind of reaching here. A globally popular RPG that has monsters by Game Freak could be anything.

I know I can't wait for the new Robopon.

1 hour ago, Marcello said:

Drill Dozer 2 confirmed?! 

Y'all wrong, it's clearly a vague hint towards Sonic Adventure 3-

My Switch has been fine since it's freeze, finally got my hands on a case for it in the meantime.

Hey, do you think if there were another Soul Calibur game, they could put it on the Switch? I'm just thinking how cool it'd be to play as like, Marth in an SC game. Er, if they still do that version exclusive character thing, anyway.

They haven't done that in years or a would game on a Nintendo system. I'd be interested

They haven't done that in years or a would game on a Nintendo system. I'd be interested

9 hours ago, Radiant Hero Ike said:

Hey, do you think if there were another Soul Calibur game, they could put it on the Switch? I'm just thinking how cool it'd be to play as like, Marth in an SC game. Er, if they still do that version exclusive character thing, anyway.

The only thing I recall them doing semi-recently is in SC4, Yoda and Darth Vader were exclusive to either PS3 or 360, but you could purchase the other one as DLC. SC2 was the only game to have one exclusive character per system, and considering the effort it takes to make one character, I don't think we'd see that happen again.

Honestly, I think the best we could see for guest characters in SC would be a full-fledged Nintendo crossover with SC, and I kinda doubt that'd happen. I'd be intrigued by the idea, though.

MAYBE if its a Pokken-style thing, where its, say, Soul Calibur gameplay in the LOZ world. I actually really would love to see an LOZ fighting game on a similar idea to Hyrule Warriors, I think that'd work well. Granted, many Nintendo IP would work like that.

54 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

The only thing I recall them doing semi-recently is in SC4, Yoda and Darth Vader were exclusive to either PS3 or 360, but you could purchase the other one as DLC. SC2 was the only game to have one exclusive character per system, and considering the effort it takes to make one character, I don't think we'd see that happen again.

Honestly, I think the best we could see for guest characters in SC would be a full-fledged Nintendo crossover with SC, and I kinda doubt that'd happen. I'd be intrigued by the idea, though.

MAYBE if its a Pokken-style thing, where its, say, Soul Calibur gameplay in the LOZ world. I actually really would love to see an LOZ fighting game on a similar idea to Hyrule Warriors, I think that'd work well. Granted, many Nintendo IP would work like that.

Ah, okay. I think V also had Ezio so I guess they still have guest fighters, but maybe not version exclusive anymore (dunno of V was even on xbox or not).

Nintendo already said all future shipments have a new manufacturing process to prevent this. As to how they fix people's defective joycons right now? A little square of conductive foam.

29 minutes ago, Conando said:

Nintendo already said all future shipments have a new manufacturing process to prevent this. As to how they fix people's defective joycons right now? A little square of conductive foam.

Yeah, but just "when in the future" is what I am wondering about.

They meant in the next shipment of controllers and consoles. Which could have been the one rolling out this week, or the next one in early April.

I hope they have also fixed the scratching problem people have brought up as well. I wonder how they're doing in looking into that?

The scratching problem isn't as widespread as this. I really do think it's people mishandling it, though there are instances of SOME warped docks.

7 hours ago, Conando said:

The scratching problem isn't as widespread as this. I really do think it's people mishandling it, though there are instances of SOME warped docks.

Warped docks are not the big issue. It's a poor design whereby it's virtually impossible not to run the the front or back of the Switch against plastic that's hard enough to cause scratches. You needn't even be reckless to cause the damage. Simply putting the Switch into or taking it out of the dock runs a high risk of scratching unless you take every effort not to make it happen. 

It's affected me and I've been very careful since day one. Heck, I put a screen protector on it before I ever switched it on because I was paranoid about potential scratches from the moment the system was revealed least year. Fortunately the scratches are only on the screen protector. But if it wasn't there, my system would be permanently damaged through no fault of my own. 

• Thumbs Up 4

47 minutes ago, Blue Blood said:

Warped docks are not the big issue. It's a poor design whereby it's virtually impossible not to run the the front or back of the Switch against plastic that's hard enough to cause scratches. You needn't even be reckless to cause the damage. Simply putting the Switch into or taking it out of the dock runs a high risk of scratching unless you take every effort not to make it happen. 

It's affected me and I've been very careful since day one. Heck, I put a screen protector on it before I ever switched it on because I was paranoid about potential scratches from the moment the system was revealed least year. Fortunately the scratches are only on the screen protector. But if it wasn't there, my system would be permanently damaged through no fault of my own. 

The problem is other people have reported this not happening at all and they HAVE been reckless with it.

7 minutes ago, JaidynReiman said:

The problem is other people have reported this not happening at all and they HAVE been reckless with it.

Huh?

Like, what's even your point here?

Warped docks or not, it's a design flaw that the system is potentially so easily scratched by the dock. 

I think what he means is that there actually are defective docks causing this. If so, I do wonder when it will be addressed like these improperly manufactured Joycons.