Brad

The Nintendo Switch Thread

2005 posts in this topic

47 minutes ago, Conando said:

I think what he means is that there actually are defective docks causing this. If so, I do wonder when it will be addressed like these improperly manufactured Joycons.

There are some warped docks out there, either due to manufacturing, packaging or consumer handling. But that's definitely not the biggest problem. The soft, plastic screen shouldn't be in a position where it's very like to be pressed up against two harder plastic runners. The interior of the dock needs some sort of padding so that scratches won't occur regardless of whether or not there's any warping at all. 

Pawn likes this

As it stands they probably could add rubber/foam stoppers to the part meant to hold the console in place at no real extra cost. That's the best option.

11 minutes ago, Conando said:

As it stands they probably could add rubber/foam stoppers to the part meant to hold the console in place at no real extra cost. That's the best option.

There's teeny rubber buffers right at the very bottom of the runners. I can't really fathom why the don't go all the way up. 

There's this one girl on post where I'm stationed and she's making a killing selling Dock Socks. They are fashionable and practical :P

17358843_10208501087180566_4500142192330110685_o.jpg