Awoo.

The Nintendo Switch Thread

Brad

47 minutes ago, Conando said:

I think what he means is that there actually are defective docks causing this. If so, I do wonder when it will be addressed like these improperly manufactured Joycons.

There are some warped docks out there, either due to manufacturing, packaging or consumer handling. But that's definitely not the biggest problem. The soft, plastic screen shouldn't be in a position where it's very like to be pressed up against two harder plastic runners. The interior of the dock needs some sort of padding so that scratches won't occur regardless of whether or not there's any warping at all. 

• Thumbs Up 2

As it stands they probably could add rubber/foam stoppers to the part meant to hold the console in place at no real extra cost. That's the best option.

11 minutes ago, Conando said:

As it stands they probably could add rubber/foam stoppers to the part meant to hold the console in place at no real extra cost. That's the best option.

There's teeny rubber buffers right at the very bottom of the runners. I can't really fathom why the don't go all the way up. 

There's this one girl on post where I'm stationed and she's making a killing selling Dock Socks. They are fashionable and practical :P

17358843_10208501087180566_4500142192330110685_o.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

https://www.gamespot.com/articles/nintendo-has-a-big-e3-planned-exec-says/1100-6448968/

As expected, this E3 for Nintendo is going to be MASSIVE. There's a gonna be a shit ton of announcements. Retro's may be the biggest. 

http://www.startlr.com/we-are-producing-a-new-ip-after-the-other-for-the-nintendo-switch-says-shinya-takahashi/

This is also happening. More new IPs coming is always a good thing. 

• Thumbs Up 1

i expect no more than 20 big things at best. You don't want to much hype distracting from bigger upcoming things Pokemon. Mario. Metro is. Zelda dlc. There you go. And v.c news

20 seems like a bit much only coming from Nintendo. I can see E3 being the time where they actually announce a Pokemon title, show off Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors. Excited to see if one of the announcements is an ambitious new IP, though.

• Thumbs Up 3

Retro's game (which probably isn't Metroid based on statements by various people at past E3's and after TF released) is definitely going to get announced as well.

I think they could easily tease some big titles for 2018, but showing nothing more than a brief concept/CG and saying "2018". We'll probably get about 5 big games for 2017, several smaller titles, and a few 2018 teases to be elaborated on later. Either way its definitely going to be bigger than the past several E3's for Nintendo.

• Thumbs Up 1

6 hours ago, Conando said:

20 seems like a bit much only coming from Nintendo. I can see E3 being the time where they actually announce a Pokemon title, show off Mario Odyssey and Fire Emblem Warriors. Excited to see if one of the announcements is an ambitious new IP, though.

Mario. Fire emblem. Xenoblade. Maybe a smash tease. The new retro title.  a new Mario party? There are several ways to get to 20. They don't all have to be new par say but rather build upon what was teased like xenoblade 2

3 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Retro's game (which probably isn't Metroid based on statements by various people at past E3's and after TF released) is definitely going to get announced as well.

I think they could easily tease some big titles for 2018, but showing nothing more than a brief concept/CG and saying "2018". We'll probably get about 5 big games for 2017, several smaller titles, and a few 2018 teases to be elaborated on later. Either way its definitely going to be bigger than the past several E3's for Nintendo.

That's not really Nintendo's style, at E3 it's Gameplay first for them. However, yeah I expect a mix for this and next year. However it's also when I think we'll just see how much  third party support getting. If things continue like they have the userbase will definitely be big enough.

Oh and I expect 2 more Konami Colab projects like Bomberman to be announced, one for this year one for the next, both at Nintendo's conference

4 hours ago, JaidynReiman said:

Smash is a sure bet, and Retro's new game is an absolute guarantee. I think there will definitely be some 2018 announcements there. The new Fire Emblem game will probably be shown for the first time there.

8 hours ago, Conando said:

I think Pokemon Stars (?) is going to be announced before E3, Pokemon has never been an E3 announcent, as far as I'm aware. For X&Y and Sun&Moon, they announced both those games in Directs prior to E3, I can see them doing that and then saying "See First Official Gameplay at E3!" or something to that affect.

• Thumbs Up 1

Potentially, going by all we've heard, at E3, we're looking at:

Mario Odessey
Pokemon Stars
Smash Bros. Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
New Retro Studios Game
New Next Level Game
Fire Emblem Switch
Fire Emblem Warriors
Metroid 
25th Anniversary Kirby Game
Splatoon 2
Pikmin 4
Nintendo's Unreal Engine 4 Game
Mother 3
Sakurai's New Project
Mario X Rabbids RPG

Assuming this all turns out to be true, we could very well be looking at the biggest E3 Nintendo has ever had.

21 minutes ago, Zippo said:

Potentially, going by all we've heard, at E3, we're looking at:

Mario Odessey
Pokemon Stars
Smash Bros. Switch
Xenoblade Chronicles 2
New Retro Studios Game
New Next Level Game
Fire Emblem Switch
Fire Emblem Warriors
Metroid 
25th Anniversary Kirby Game
Splatoon 2
Pikmin 4
Nintendo's Unreal Engine 4 Game
Mother 3
Sakurai's New Project
Mario X Rabbids RPG

Assuming this all turns out to be true, we could very well be looking at the biggest E3 Nintendo has ever had.

Well, that Unreal 4 game could be crossed with any of these. Perhaps Retro, for example, is working on a UE4 game to make development go smoother.

FE Warriors will probably be playable. I'm doubtful we'll see any info on FE Switch. Next Level I'd been definitely has a game in development. XC2 may be playable. Smash Switch I think will definitely be playable. Retro's game... its been so long, it might be. 4 years. That's definitely a 2017 game they're saving as a reveal.

Metroid hasn't really been rumored or anything. Just highly speculated. I think a Metroid and a DK will both get announced. Kirby might sit this one out, though. They've had yearly releases lately, but for a Switch title, that could end up being 2018. I also think we'll see an AC announced. MAYBE for this year. Or maybe it could be an early Spring title.

Mother 3 is dead. I don't see it coming. Iffy on Mario Rabbids, but it is such a weird rumor.

1 hour ago, JaidynReiman said:

Well, that Unreal 4 game could be crossed with any of these. Perhaps Retro, for example, is working on a UE4 game to make development go smoother.

FE Warriors will probably be playable. I'm doubtful we'll see any info on FE Switch. Next Level I'd been definitely has a game in development. XC2 may be playable. Smash Switch I think will definitely be playable. Retro's game... its been so long, it might be. 4 years. That's definitely a 2017 game they're saving as a reveal.

Metroid hasn't really been rumored or anything. Just highly speculated. I think a Metroid and a DK will both get announced. Kirby might sit this one out, though. They've had yearly releases lately, but for a Switch title, that could end up being 2018. I also think we'll see an AC announced. MAYBE for this year. Or maybe it could be an early Spring title.

Mother 3 is dead. I don't see it coming. Iffy on Mario Rabbids, but it is such a weird rumor.

Nintendo has said that the UE4 game is unannounced and is being developed internally at EPD. Retro Studios has developed a new game engine for their game, apparently, it's been in development since 2013. It is absolutely being revealed this year. I think FE Switch is very likely, not a ton of info, but enough to give a solid idea of what it'll be like, but the focus will definitely be on FE Warriors. Metroid has been rumored since the start of this year, by multiple people including LKD, Nate Drake, and that US64 guy. They also claim that it's not being developed by Retro. I think there is validity to their rumors because of Reggie's comments. There's no way he would risk being dogged by fans about Metroid and Mother 3 and if something wasn't going on with them. It's Kirby's 25th Anniversary, there's no way he's not getting a new game of some sort, they've already said there will be plans for the anniversary celebration throughout the year. I don't think Animal Crossing will be announced this year but i definitely think a new Switch game is in development. I'm not iiffy on Rabbids only because it's been rumored by nearly everyone, including Eurogamer, Gamexplain, Rogersbase, LKD, Emily Rogers, etc. 

Metroid and Star Fox is all I want to hear about, with Splatoon 2 and Mario Odyssey coming this year, I'm quite content with releases for the Switch this year, obviously Zelda being one of the biggest, if not biggest title this year anyway, plus we have the Zelda DLC coming at the end of the year.

I suppose more content for MK8D? Sell it to me Nintendo, give me a reason to double dip and I happily will.

• 2 weeks later...

Got some good news, Square Enix is planning to further support the Switch!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/277462-square-enix-considering-what-games-to-port-to-switch?page=1#comment-131845

Square-Enix considering what games to port to Switch

06 April, 2017 by rawmeatcowboy | Comments: 13

square.jpg

Coming from Square-Enix president Yosuke Matsuda...

“We’re even thinking about what feasible existing game titles we want to successively port [onto the Switch].”

That's the only tidbit we get from Mr. Matsuda. He doesn't discuss if existing games means games already released on other platforms, or games currently in the works for other platforms. Either way, what would you like to see head the Switch's way?

Perhaps KH 1/2 collection? I image that'd go over swimmingly in Japan

• Thumbs Up 1

C'mon Square Enix, give me a port of the mobile version of The World Ends With You.

I'll quadruple dip.

• Thumbs Up 4

NieR Automata.... Come on Yoko Taro deserves more money for that masterpiece.

A Brave Fencer Musashi revival or at least a collection of sorts would be well welcome!

8 hours ago, Lady Soniko said:

NieR Automata.... Come on Yoko Taro deserves more money for that masterpiece.

That's going to be strictly ps exclusive lol

On 4/6/2017 at 4:34 PM, Mando-Whirl-Wind said:

Got some good news, Square Enix is planning to further support the Switch!

http://gonintendo.com/stories/277462-square-enix-considering-what-games-to-port-to-switch?page=1#comment-131845

Perhaps KH 1/2 collection? I image that'd go over swimmingly in Japan

I'll believe it when I see it.

2 hours ago, Meta77 said:

That's going to be strictly ps exclusive lol

It's already not.